Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Litchfield, IL
Litchfield, IL Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Litchfield, IL Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Litchfield, IL. Motorcycles offer an amazing sense of companionship and exhilaration. However, too many other drivers on the Litchfield, IL roads either don't respect the safety of motorcyclists or treat them as second-class citizens. Injuries sustained in motorcycle wrecks can abruptly upend your life and create a mountain of doubt. If you were injured by a negligent driver, Halvorsen Klote's Litchfield, IL motorcycle accidents attorney team will hold the liable parties responsible and set you on the road to recovery. Our high-quality legal advocacy in a personalized environment will help you feel at ease and confident that your case will reach a successful resolution. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Litchfield, IL today at 866-382-4167 or get in touch with us online for a complimentary consultation. We serve the injured throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Litchfield, IL works on a contingency fee basis. That means there are no upfront costs, and you pay us a percentage of your financial recovery, but only if we win your case.
Beyond motorcycle accidents, our attorneys are also knowledgeable and experienced in the following personal injury claims in Litchfield, IL:
Litchfield, Missouri and Illinois Motorcycle Accident Statistics
According to data from the National Safety Council, Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium and the 2020 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics, the following statistics are for the total crashes, injuries and deaths in motorcycle accidents in 2020:
|St. Louis (City and County)||321||240||9|
Other Litchfield, IL Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a deeper look into the statistics shows an even greater disparity in how safe motorcyclists are compared to their enclosed-vehicle peers:
- Even though .06 percent of all vehicle miles traveled, motorcycle accidents cause 14 percent of motor vehicle accident fatalities and 4 percent of total injuries, according to research from the National Safety Council.
- Over a recent 15 year period, the National Safety Council approximates that helmets saved over 25,000 people from death, and helmets are estimated to be 37 percent successful in stopping motorcycle operator deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, 16.71 passenger cars per 100,000 and 13.72 light trucks per 100,000 were involved in crashes in 2020, compared to 68.71 motorcycles per 100,000.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents injuries outpaced death by a factor of over 100, while in motorcycles there were 14.79 injuries per one death, meaning motorcyclists are at increased risk.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the you are more likely to be in a motorcycle accident when the weather is warmer, on weekends when people are more likely to be intoxicated and after 6 P.M. when visibility is lower.
While some motorists have preconceived notions of people who ride motorcycles, the truth is the bulk of bikers value their safety. It's usually either another vehicle's inattention or their wariness to share the road that gets people hurt. If you were hurt because another Litchfield, IL driver did not look out for your safety, call the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team for the best results in your case.
What Are Common Causes of Litchfield, IL Motorcycle Accidents?
Drunk driving accidents are the most common type of traffic-related accidents, and in the U.S. it kills roughly one person every three quarters of an hour. Drunk driving contributed to over three-tenths of fatal motorcycle crashes.
Because motorcycles only have two wheels, motorcycle are especially vulnerable to road hazards such as uneven pavement, slick surfaces, potholes, and debris. If your accident was caused by a road hazard, the liable party may be a government entity or construction company.
Almost 50 percent of fatal motorcycle crashes occur at intersections when a car or truck turning left hits a motorcyclist going straight. Motorcycles escape many people's attention, even if they're judiciously checking their blind spots. This is the result of "inattentional blindness," an occurrence in which our brains cannot process a smaller vehicle like a motorcycle because of our limited ability to take in sensory information only lets us see cars and trucks.
Thirty-three percent of fatal motorcycle accidents involve speeding. While some bikers are known to speed, they can also be caused by car or truck drivers who force a biker to take evasive action.
Motorcycles have a smaller breaking distance than passenger cars, and many motorcyclists use alternative breaking methods like rolling off the throttle, meaning a trailing car won't see their brake lights. It is still the responsibility of the other vehicle to slow down in time.
How Can a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Litchfield, IL Help Me?
Most are looking to hire a personal injury before have never been in a situation like this before, and don't know how to go about filing a claim and whether the insurance company is being fair. A Halvorsen Klote Litchfield, IL motorcycle accidents attorney will immediately start working on your case by:
- Fully investigating your claimso that we can acquire valuable evidence and determine liability. You will have the advantage of our experience and network of Litchfield, IL collision experts to determine how much your injuries are worth and who needs to be held accountable.
- Offering sound legal guidance as your case progresses, so you have all the information you need to make the best decision for yourself and those closest to you in Litchfield, IL.
- Keeping you up-to-date on the progress of your claim so that you know we are giving it our full attention. We always strive to be helpful and kind with each of our clients.
- Leveling the playing field against powerful insurance companies so you make get every penny you are entitled to. Insurance adjusters use a lot of tricks to avoid paying claims. We we dedicate ourselves to providing accident victims and their loved ones expert legal representation that gets results.
- Overseeing the technical and legal aspects of your claim so you can spend your time on what matters most: reaching your best possible medical recovery and getting back to work and back to feeling like normal again.
- Fight hard for you so that you receive maximum compensation for all of your damages, including your urgent care bills, procedures, chiropractic appointments, prescription and more, money you lost from not working, out-of-pocket expenses and pain and suffering.
When you're injured even though you didn't do anything wrong, it immediately disrupts your life. The Litchfield, IL motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you are rightfully compensated for your injuries.
Other cases we handle in Litchfield, IL include:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Litchfield, IL Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand that the consequences of being injured by somebody else's negligence are immediate and severe. We've committed our practice to making a difference in the lives of Litchfield, IL individuals and families who have been treated unfairly. To speak to a knowledgeable motorcycle accidents attorney that knows how to get results, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.