Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Marlborough, MO
Marlborough, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Marlborough, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Marlborough, MO. Riding a motorcycle can give you a great mixture of peace and excitement. However, too many other drivers on the Marlborough, MO roads either don't respect the safety of motorcyclists or treat them as second-class citizens. Injuries experienced in motorcycle crashes can be severe and have long-term effects. If wasn't paying attention and hurt you, Halvorsen Klote's Marlborough, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team will get you the best possible financial recovery for your injuries. Our high-quality legal representation in a personalized atmosphere will give you piece of mind and confidence that you will recover the compensation you deserve, whether through a settlement or a verdict at trial. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Marlborough, MO today at 866-382-4167 or reach out to us online for a free case evaluation. We serve injury victims and their families throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Marlborough, MO only charges a contingency fee. That means there are no consultation, hourly or service fees, and you never pay a penny if you to not obtain financial compensation.
In addition to motorcycle accidents, our attorneys are also knowledgeable and experienced in the following personal injury cases in Marlborough, MO:
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Marlborough, Missouri and Illinois?
According to data from the National Safety Council, Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium and the 2020 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics, the following represents the total crashes, injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents in 2020:
|St. Louis (City and County)||321||240||9|
More Marlborough, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The sheer totals of injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents are startling, but|a deeper look into the statistics shows an even greater disparity in how safe motorcyclists are compared to their enclosed-vehicle peers:
- Even though motorcycles account for only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycles account for 14 percent of traffic-related deaths and 4 percent of total injuries, according to the National Safety Council.
- From 2002 to 2017, it's estimated that helmets saved over 25,000 lives, and helmets are estimated to be 37 percent effective in stopping motorcycle operator deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, .016 percent of cars and .013 percent of trucks were involved in an accident, while a percentage of over 5 times more motorcycles were.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents injuries outpaced death by a factor of over 100, while in there were less than 15 injuries for one death, illuminating why motorcyclists are much more likely to die in an accident.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, between 6 P.M. Friday and 6 A.M Monday when bars are at their fullest and after dark.
While some people don't view motorcyclists favorably, the truth is the lion's share of bikers do everything they can do avoid harm and not cause injury to others. Motorcycle accidents usually happen when other motorists don't pay attention or don't want to share the road. If you were hurt because another Marlborough, MO driver was negligent, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you are compensated for your injuries.
What Are Common Causes of Marlborough, MO Motorcycle Accidents?
Driving Under the Influence
Drunk driving accidents are the most common type of traffic-related accidents, and in the U.S. it kills approximately 32 people a day. Drunk driving contributed to over a third of of fatal motorcycle crashes.
Because motorcycles have less of a base than other vehicles, they are especially vulnerable to road hazards such as uneven pavement, slippery surfaces, potholes, and poorly placed signs. If your accident was caused by a road hazard, the liable party may be a government entity or construction company.
Forty-two percent of fatal motorcycle crashes occur at intersections when a passenger car turning left hits a motorcyclist going straight. This is often just a consequence of drivers failing to see motorcyclists, even if they're judiciously checking their blind spots. This is caused by "inattentional blindness," an occurrence in which our brains cannot notice a smaller vehicle like a motorcycle because of how much sensory information we receive as we drive.
A third of fatal motorcycle accidents were caused at least in part by speeding. While this is sometimes speeding on behalf of the motorcyclist, another culprit is enclosed-vehicle motorists driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles have a smaller breaking distance than passenger cars, and many motorcyclists roll off the throttle to come to a stop, meaning a trailing car won't see their brake lights. It is still the responsibility of the other vehicle to give you enough space to break safely.
What Can Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Marlborough, MO Do For My Case?
Most call us have never had an injury before, and are unsure the process of filing a claim and how much full compensation really looks like. A Halvorsen Klote Marlborough, MO motorcycle accidents attorney be your legal advocate by:
- Conducting an exhaustive investigation into your accidentso that we can acquire important evidence and assign an appropriate amount of blame to all liable parties. We use our experience and network of Marlborough, MO accident experts to determine who we need to make a claim against and for how much.
- Offering sound legal counsel as we negotiate with the insurance company, so you know everything you need to in order to make the best decision for you, your future, and your Marlborough, MO loved ones.
- Keeping you up-to-date on the status of your claim so that you are not left wondering. We always strive to be helpful and kind with each of our clients.
- Offering the same high-quality legal representation insurance companies have so you get the full compensation you are entitled to. Insurance adjusters love to take advantage of people who do not know the law. We founded our practice on the idea accident victims and their families should have access to the same standard of legal representation that large insurance companies have.
- Overseeing all of the legal aspects of your case so you can spend your time on what matters most: recovering from your injuries and putting your life back together.
- Ensure that you get maximum compensation for everything you are owed, including your urgent care bills, procedures, physical therapy, prescription and more, lost wages, out-of-pocket expenses and pain and suffering.
When you're injured even though you didn't do anything wrong, it places undue physical, mental and financial burdens on you. The Marlborough, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you are taken care of.
Other cases we handle in Marlborough, MO include:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Marlborough, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand that the consequences of being injured by somebody else's negligence are immediate and severe. We've committed our practice to making a difference in the lives of Marlborough, MO residents who have been treated unfairly. To speak to an experienced motorcycle accidents attorney that knows how to get results, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.