Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Valley Park, MO
Valley Park, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Valley Park, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Valley Park, MO. There's no doubting the sense of freedom and excitement motorcyclists can get from riding their motorcycles. However, Valley Park, MO motorcyclists are at heightened danger compared to other motorists. Injuries experienced in motorcycle accidents can be devastating and have long-term effects. If you were injured by a negligent driver, trust in the Valley Park, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team of Halvorsen Klote to get you full compensation for your injuries. Our high-quality legal representation in a personalized atmosphere will help you feel at ease and confident that you will recover the compensation you deserve, whether through a settlement or a verdict in court. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Valley Park, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation. We serve injury victims and their families throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Valley Park, MO works on a contingency fee basis. That means you pay nothing upfront, and you don't pay us anything unless we win your case.
Beyond motorcycle accidents, our attorneys take on the following personal injury cases in Valley Park, MO:
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Valley Park, Missouri and Illinois?
According to data from the National Safety Council, Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium and the 2020 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics, the following statistics are for the total crashes, injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents in 2020:
|St. Louis (City and County)||321||240||9|
More Valley Park, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a deeper dive into the statistics shows an even greater disparity in how safe motorcyclists are compared to their enclosed-vehicle peers:
- Even though motorcycles make up only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycle accidents cause 14 percent of motor vehicle accident fatalities and 4 percent of total injuries, according to the National Safety Council.
- Over a recent 15 year period, the National Safety Council approximates that helmets saved over 25,000 people from death, and helmets are considered to be 41 percent effective at stopping motorcycle passenger deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, .016 percent of cars and .013 percent of trucks were involved in an accident, while .068 percent of motorcycles were.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents injuries were more common than fatalities by a factor of over 100, while in motorcycles there were 14.79 injuries per one death, meaning motorcyclists are much more likely to die in an accident.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, on weekends when bars are at their fullest and after 6 P.M. when visibility is lower.
While some people have preconceived notions of people who ride motorcycles, the truth is the bulk of bikers do everything they can do avoid harm and not cause injury to others. It's usually either another vehicle's inattention or disdain for motorcycles that gets people hurt. If another driver in the Valley Park, MO area injured you, call the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team for the best results in your case.
Why Do Motorcycle Accidents Happen in Valley Park, MO?
DUIs or DWIs
Drunk driving accidents are the most common type of traffic-related accidents, and in the U.S. it kills approximately 32 people a day. Drunk driving was found to be involved in over a third of of fatal motorcycle crashes.
Because a car with 4 wheels is much more stable than a motorcycle, road hazards such as ruts in the road, inclement weather, potholes, and animals create an increased risk. If your accident was caused by a road hazard, the at-fault party may be a government entity or construction company.
Almost 50 percent of motorcycle accidents that lead to death occur when a vehicle turns left and hits a motorcyclist going straight. This is often just a consequence of drivers failing to see motorcyclists, even if they're being diligent about safety. This is the result of "inattentional blindness," an occurrence in which our brains are more used to looking for cars than motorcycles.
A third of motorcycle crash deaths involve speeding. While many of those crashes are caused by a speeding motorcycles, it often is the fault of enclosed-vehicle motorists who force a biker to react quicker than they can safely do so.
Motorcycles do not need as much room to break as other vehicles, and many motorcyclists use alternative breaking methods like rolling off the throttle, preventing the break lights from coming on. It is still the responsibility of the other vehicle to give you enough space to break safely.
Why Do I Need a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Valley Park, MO?
Most seek out our services have never had to hire a lawyer before, and are unsure the process of filing a claim and how much full compensation really looks like. A Halvorsen Klote Valley Park, MO motorcycle accidents attorney be your legal advocate by:
- Fully investigating your caseso that we can acquire the necessary evidence and determine liability. You will have the advantage of our expertise and network of Valley Park, MO collision experts to determine who we need to make a claim against and for how much.
- Providing you with sound legal guidance throughout the duration of your claim, so you know everything you need to in order to make the best decision for yourself and those closest to you in Valley Park, MO.
- Making sure you always know how your case is progression so that you are not left wondering. We always strive to be helpful and kind with each of our clients.
- Leveling the playing field against powerful insurance companies so you get the full compensation you are entitled to. Insurance adjusters know that the average person doesn't know injury law. We founded our practice on the idea accident victims and their families should have access to the same standard of legal representation that large insurance companies have.
- Handling all documentation, negotiation and litigation so you can spend your time on what matters most: recovering from your injuries and getting your life back together as soon as possible.
- Fight hard for you so that you get maximum compensation for all of your damages, including medical expenses, lost wages, anything you paid out-of-pocket and pain and suffering.
When you're following all the rules and end up injured because somebody else did something wrong, it places undue physical, mental and financial burdens on you. The Valley Park, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you get the recovery you deserve.
Other cases we handle in Valley Park, MO include:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Valley Park, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand how your entire life can be changed in an instant. But you should not have to pay because somebody else in Valley Park, MO did not do the right thing. For a complimentary case evaluation with an expert motorcycle accidents attorney you can trust, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.