Motorcycle Accidents Attorney St. Louis, MO
St. Louis, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | St. Louis, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in St. Louis, MO. Riding a motorcycle can give you a great mixture of peace and excitement. However, too many other drivers on the St. Louis, MO roads either don't respect the safety of motorcyclists or treat them as second-class citizens. Injuries sustained in motorcycle crashes can cause immediate and devastating financial, physical and emotional hardships. If you were injured by a negligent driver, Halvorsen Klote's St. Louis, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team will help you get your life back on track. Our high-quality legal advocacy in a personalized atmosphere will give you piece of mind and confidence that you will recover the compensation you deserve, whether through a settlement or a verdict at trial. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in St. Louis, MO today at 866-382-4167 or reach out to us online for a free case review. We serve clients throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in St. Louis, MO only charges a contingency fee. That means there are no consultation, hourly or service fees, and you pay us a percentage of your financial recovery, but only if we win your case.
In addition to motorcycle accidents, our attorneys take on the following personal injury claims in St. Louis, MO:
St. Louis, Missouri and Illinois Motorcycle Accident Statistics
In the United States, in 2020 motorcycle wrecks lead to 82,500 injuries and 5,579 deaths. In Missouri, out of 2,177 motorcycle accidents, 1,658 people were injured and 118 people died, based on research compiled in the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium. In the Greater St. Louis area, there were 321 crashes, which caused 240 injuries and 9 deaths.
In Illinois, according to their 2020 Crash Facts & Statistics, there were 2,991 motorcycle crashes, which caused 2,404 injuries, 867 severely debilitating injuries and 152 deaths.
Other St. Louis, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a comparison between motorcycles and passenger cars and light trucks shows how dangerous motorcyclists can be when other people don't pay attention on the road:
- Despite the fact that motorcycles make up only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycle accidents cause 14 percent of deaths and 4 percent of all injuries, according to statistics compiled by the National Safety Council.
- Over a recent 15 year period, the National Safety Council approximates that helmets saved over 25,000 lives, and helmets are estimated to be 41 percent successful at stopping motorcycle passenger deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, .016 percent of cars and .013 percent of trucks were involved in an accident, while a percentage of over 5 times more motorcycles were.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents injuries were more common than fatalities by a factor of over 100, while in motorcycles there were 14.79 injuries per one death, illustrating how motorcyclists are at increased risk.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, on weekends when people are more likely to be drinking and after 6 P.M. when visibility is lower.
While some people give motorcyclists a bad rap, the truth is the lion's share of bikers do everything they can do avoid harm and not cause injury to others. Motorcycle accidents usually happen when other motorists don't pay attention or don't want to share the road. If another driver in the St. Louis, MO area injured you, call the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team for the best possible financial recovery.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in St. Louis, MO?
Drunk driving accidents are the most common cause of traffic-related accidents, and in the U.S. it kills approximately 32 people a day. Drunk driving was found to be involved in over three-tenths of motorcycle accident deaths.
Because a car with 4 wheels is much more stable than one with 2 wheels, motorcycle are especially vulnerable to road hazards such as uneven pavement, slippery surfaces, potholes, and signs that limit visibility. Even if another motorist was not involved in your accident, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company that was supposed to verify the road was safe for vehicle traffic.
Over 40 percent of motorcycle accidents that result in death occur when a vehicle turns left and hits a motorcyclist going straight. It's hard for many people to notice motorcyclists, even if they're judiciously checking their blind spots. This is the result of "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains are scanning for cars, but don't register motorcycles at cars.
Thirty-three percent of motorcycle fatalities were caused at least in part by speeding. While some bikers are known to speed, it often is the fault of passenger car drivers who force a biker to take evasive action.
Motorcycles decelerate faster than passenger cars, and many motorcyclists downshift to slow down, preventing the break lights from coming on. It is still the responsibility of the other vehicle to slow down in time.
Why Do I Need a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in St. Louis, MO?
Most are looking to hire a personal injury before have never had an injury before, and don't know what the procedure is for filing a claim and how much their injuries are worth. A Halvorsen Klote St. Louis, MO motorcycle accidents attorney be your legal advocate by:
- Performing an extensive investigation into your claimin order to gather important evidence and identify all liable parties. You will have the advantage of our expertise and network of St. Louis, MO accident experts to ascertain the precise cause of your injuries.
- Offering sound legal counsel as we negotiate with the insurance company, so you know everything you need to in order to make the best decision for yourself and those closest to you in St. Louis, MO.
- Making sure you always know how your case is progression so that you are not left wondering. Our legal representation takes a personalized approach.
- Offering the same high-quality legal representation insurance companies have so you make get every penny you are owed. Insurance adjusters will sometimes flat out lie to you and mislead to you make you think your claim is worth less than it really is. We founded our practice on the idea accident victims and their families should have expert legal representation that gets results.
- Managing the technical and legal aspects of your claim so you can focus on what's important: recovering from your injuries and putting your life back together.
- Fight hard for you so that you get maximum compensation for everything you are owed, including medical expenses, lost wages, anything you paid out-of-pocket and pain and suffering.
When you're injured even though you didn't do anything wrong, it immediately disrupts your life. The St. Louis, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you do not have to go through this alone.
St. Louis, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand how your entire life can be changed in an instant. But you should not have to pay because somebody else in St. Louis, MO did not do the right thing. For a free consultation with an experienced motorcycle accidents attorney you can trust, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.