Injury Claim Lawyer Valley Park, MO
Valley Park, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Consultation | Valley Park, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Injury Claim Lawyer in Valley Park, MO. Injuries can happen to anyone almost anytime, creating unforeseen and severe financial, physical and emotional afflictions. It can be infuriating when your injuries are caused by someone else's negligence. Missouri and Illinois law allows for an outlet for injured victims to collect compensation for their injuries through personal injury claims. Most of the time, it can be difficult for Valley Park, MO residents to receive fair compensation without the help of an injury claim lawyer. At Halvorsen Klote, we have devoted our careers to offering the injured and vulnerable in Missouri and Southern Illinois the highest level of legal representation that rivals and surpasses that of large insurance companies. If you were injured through no fault of your own, call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review.
Common Causes of Personal Injury Claims | Valley Park, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Personal injury claims refer to legal claims seeking restitution for injuries caused by someone else's inattentive, reckless, or willful behavior. While each accident and each injury claim is different, most cases fall into one of several common accident types. Some of the most frequent claims our injury claim lawyer team handles in Valley Park, MO are:
- Auto crashes, such as
- Product liability
- Premises liability
- Slip and fall
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Dog bites
- Construction site accidents
- Daycare injuries
- Swimming pool accidents
Regardless of how you sustained your injuries, trust your Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Valley Park, MO to get you the best possible financial recovery. To take the first step in recovering restitution for your injuries, call us as soon as possible so we can start working on your claim.
Determining If You Have an Injury Claim | Valley Park, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
You cannot make a claim for any injury or accident; you must show that someone else is at fault for your damages. In order for your injury claim lawyer to win your case, they must prove the five elements of negligence:
- Duty of Care: Confirming a duty of care is predominant your claim. You must show that the defendant had a duty to keep you safe. If you were injured in an auto accident, the other driver automatically had a responsibility, as both Missouri and Illinois have put forth that motorists owe others a duty of care. Other associations, such as between a doctor and patient or a property owner and visitor, have pre-designated duties of care.
- Breach of Duty: After establishing a breach of duty, you have to show that the person who owed you a duty of care acted in a way that was unreasonable or committed an act that was against the law.
- Cause in Fact: Following that, you must demonstrate that if the other party had behaved differently, you would not have been injured. For example, if a driver had not been distracted, or a defective product had been recalled, you would not have been injured.
- Proximate Cause: This refers to the defendant's responsibility for the cause in fact. If a driver ran a red light because their breaks malfunctioned, then the duty of care may have been breached by a manufacturer or mechanic, not by the driver.
- Damages: The final element of negligence is that you sustained damages. In a personal injury lawsuit, that means you have to provide documentation of your injuries. If you were rear-ended and the only consequence was minor cosmetic damage to your vehicle, you probably do not have a claim because you did not sustain any real injury.
Every Valley Park, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to take on, prove, and win every type of personal injury case. If you're unsure if your injuries can be attributed to someone else's negligence, you need to consult with an injury claim lawyer right away. Our case reviews are free, so they're no-risk, no-obligation.
Frequently Asked Questions | Valley Park, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Most of our Valley Park, MO clients have never had to make an injury claim before and are unsure about what the whole process entails. Below are some of the most frequently asked questions our injury claim lawyer team receives in Valley Park, MO:
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That depends on the individual circumstances of your injury, the severity of your injuries and the skill of your Valley Park, MO injury claim lawyer. We can help you be awarded compensation for:
- Property damage, for instance damage to your car
- Wage loss from time spent recovering
- Diminished earning capacity if your injuries result in disability
- Medical bills, for example:
- Emergency room visits
- Subsequent doctors' appointments
- Assistive devices such as crutches
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
Your Valley Park, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to precisely value the full extent of your damages and deliver you the maximum compensation you are owed.
What's the Time Limit to File a Personal Injury Claim?
Both states offer rare exceptions for age or disability, but it is vital to call an injury claim lawyer in Valley Park, MO right away after an injury so that you do not bring difficulties to your case.
What Is The Burden of Proof in Personal Injury Claims?
We've all heard the phrase "beyond a reasonable doubt." That's the burden of proof that juries and judges must follow in criminal cases to protect innocent people from prison. Personal injury claims are civil cases, and the the applicable burden of proof is a preponderance of the evidence. That means that a fact-finder — whoever makes the final decision in your case — must find only that there is a greater than 50 percent chance that the claim is true.
So, if a drunk driver evades a criminal conviction because of mistakes in police work, you can still hold them responsible in a civil case.
If your injury claim lawyer is helping you pursue punitive damages, you must show clear and convincing evidence, which means that the fact finder are left with a clear conviction that the claim is most likely true.
How Long Does an Injury Claim Take?
Again, that depends on the particulars of your injury. The Bureau of Justice Statistics found that nearly all tort lawsuits are settled before they go to trial. If the parties settle, you can receive compensation within a few months, while a case that makes it to court in Valley Park, MO can take up to two years. If your injuries do not have a permanent affect on your life, your injury claim lawyer may advise waiting until you've reached maximum medical improvement so you can be compensated for your full medical costs.
What's the Timeline for a Personal Injury Claim?
Typically, following an injury caused by somebody else's negligent behavior in Valley Park, MO, you can expect the process to proceed as follows:
- You get medical care (and continue care as long as necessary).
- You discuss your injuries with an injury claim lawyer.
- The lawyer carries out an investigation into your claim and gathers evidence, for example police reports and medical records.
- Your injury claim lawyer sends an official settlement demand letter.
- If the settlement demand is not met, your injury claim lawyer may decide to negotiate or may go directly to filing a lawsuit.
- Your lawyer enters the discovery phase, where they gather futher evidence and obtain expert testimony.
- Your injury claim lawyer and the insurance company enter negotiations before an impartial party in mediation.
- We take your case to court if the insurance company will not be fair in negotiations.
Can I Still Receive Compensation if I Was Partially Liable?
Yes. Missouri is a "pure comparative negligence" state, which means your compensation will be reduced by the percent of fault you bear for your injury. Meaning, if a jury decides your damages add up to $100,000 but establishes you were 30 percent at fault, you will only recover $70,000. Illinois is similar, but is a "modified comparative negligence" state, which means you will not receive a financial recovery if you are over 50 percent liable.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire an Injury Claim Lawyer? | Valley Park, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
You might be worried about whether or not you can afford legal representation in Valley Park, MO because the medical bills and lost wages are piling up and you're not sure you can pay for an attorney. A benefit of enlisting the services of an injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote is, in contrast to criminal defense attorneys in Valley Park, MO, we work on a contingency fee basis. There are three principal advantages to that:
- We do not charge anything in advance of services. Rather than getting an hourly amount, we take a portion of the compensation you receive — only after we win or settle your case.
- You owe us nothing if we do not secure a successful resolution for your case. A Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer only makes a profit by utilizing their expertise to achieve a successful resolution in your case.
- We only take cases on when we honestly believe we will be able to significantly increase your final recovery . We take on the risk of utilizing our resources on your behalf, and we'll always be straightforward with you and will never mislead you.
Regardless of what your current financial situation is, a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Valley Park, MO will be by your side and fight on your behalf to get you the great results you deserve.
Check out the following links to see what other services we offer in Valley Park, MO:
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Personal Injury Attorney
Call HK Law Today
Valley Park, MO Injury Claim Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
You shouldn't have to pay because someone else was negligent and injured you. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Valley Park, MO, we get started on your case immediately and keep you informed throughout the entire process. We give you all the information you need to make the best decision for you and your Valley Park, MO family. Call an injury claim lawyer in Valley Park, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.