Injury Claim Lawyer Wentzville, MO
Wentzville, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Case Review | Wentzville, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Injury Claim Lawyer in Wentzville, MO. Injuries can happen to anyone almost anytime, creating unforeseen and harsh financial, physical and emotional afflictions. It can be maddening when your injuries result from someone else's negligent actions. Missouri and Illinois law supply an outlet for injured victims to get a financial recovery for their damages by way of personal injury claims. Most of the time, you'll need the aid of an injury claim lawyer in Wentzville, MO to get the most value for your claim. At Halvorsen Klote, we have devoted our lives to offering the injured and vulnerable in Missouri and Southern Illinois the highest level of legal representation that matches and surpasses that of large insurance companies. If you were injured through no fault of your own, call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review.
Leading Causes of Personal Injury Claims | Wentzville, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Personal injury claims are are the manner through which you can seek restitution for injuries caused by someone else's inattentive, reckless, or deliberate actions. While each accident and each injury claim is unique, most cases will be decided by law governing one of several common accident types. Some of the most frequent cases our injury claim lawyer team takes on in Wentzville, MO are:
- Auto crashes, such as
- Product liability
- Premises liability
- Slip and fall
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Dog bites
- Construction site accidents
- Daycare injuries
- Swimming pool accidents
Whatever how your injuries transpired, trust your Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Wentzville, MO to get you the best possible financial recovery. In order to get the best results for your claim, get in touch with us as soon as possible so we can start working on your claim.
Determining If You Have an Injury Claim | Wentzville, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Not all injuries and accidents are cause for an injury or accident claim; you must show that someone else is at fault for your damages. In order for your injury claim lawyer to win your case, they must how the other party's action or inaction amounts to the five elements of negligence:
- Duty of Care: Confirming a duty of care is the first step in a personal injury claim. You must demonstrate that the defendant had a duty to your safety. This is automatic in auto accident claims, as both Missouri and Illinois have put into law that drivers owe others a duty of care. Other relationships, such as between a doctor and patient or a property owner and patron, have legally defined duties of care.
- Breach of Duty: Next, you must show that the person who had a responsibility to your safety behaved in a way that was unreasonable or did something against the law.
- Cause in Fact: The third course of action is showing that were it not for the defendant's actions or inaction, you would not have suffered any injuries. Meaning, if a driver had not been distracted, or a defective product had been recalled, you would not have incurred the damages for which you are making a claim.
- Proximate Cause: This relates to the defendant's responsibility for the cause in fact. If a property owner had no way of knowing of a hazardous condition they may not be at fault.
- Damages: The last aspect of negligence is that you incurred damages. In a personal injury suit, that means you were injured. If you were sideswiped and the only consequence was minor cosmetic damage to your car, you probably will not be able to file a valid claim because you did not incur any real injury.
Every Wentzville, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to take on, prove, and win every type of personal injury case. If don't know whether or not you have a claim, get in touch with an injury claim lawyer as soon as you can. Our consultation is free, so there's no risk in calling us to discuss your claim.
Frequently Asked Questions | Wentzville, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Most of our Wentzville, MO clients have never had to make an injury claim before and are uncertain about what the whole process entails. Below are some of the most frequently asked questions our injury claim lawyer team receives in Wentzville, MO:
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That will vary depending on the specifics of your accident, the extent of your damages and the talent and dedication of your Wentzville, MO injury claim lawyer. With our help you can receive a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, for instance damage to your car
- Lost wages from time spent recovering
- Diminished earning capacity if your injuries result in disability
- Medical expenses, like:
- Emergency room visits
- Subsequent doctors' appointments
- Assistive devices such as modifications to your home or vehicle
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
Your Wentzville, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to correctly value the full extent of your damages and get you the complete financial recovery you are owed.
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury Claims?
Both states offer rare exceptions for age or disability, but it is paramount to reach out to an injury claim lawyer in Wentzville, MO right away after an injury so that the time limit does not run out.
What Is The Burden of Proof in Personal Injury Claims?
We've all heard the phrase "beyond a reasonable doubt." That's the burden of proof that juries and judges must adhere to in criminal cases so that there is no chance that an innocent person is sent to prison. Personal injury claims are civil cases, and the the applicable burden of proof is a preponderance of the evidence. That means that a fact-finder — whoever makes the final decision in your case — must find only that the claim is more likely than not to be true.
That means that if a drunk driver gets out of their criminal case because of errors in police work, you can still hold them at fault in a civil case.
If you and your injury claim lawyer decide to pursue punitive damages, you must provide clear and convincing evidence, which lies between preponderance of the evidence and beyond a reasonable doubt.
How Long Does an Injury Claim Take?
Again, that can vary based on the particulars of your injury. The Bureau of Justice Statistics reports that 96 percent of tort suits are settled before they go to trial. If the parties settle, you can receive compensation within a few months, while a case that reaches court in Wentzville, MO can take up to two years. If your injuries do not have a permanent affect on your life, your injury claim lawyer may recommend waiting until you've reached maximum medical improvement so you can be compensated for your full medical bills.
What's the Process of a Personal Injury Claim?
Generally, after you've been injured by somebody else's careless behavior in Wentzville, MO, the order of events is as follows:
- You get medical treatment (and continue treatment as long as necessary).
- You speak to an injury claim lawyer.
- The lawyer investigates your case and gathers evidence, for example police reports and medical records.
- Your injury claim lawyer sends a formal settlement demand letter.
- If the settlement demand is denied, your injury claim lawyer will decide if the best idea is to attempt to negotiate or file a lawsuit.
- The discovery phase begins, wherein your attorney gathers further evidence and collects expert testimony.
- Your injury claim lawyer and the insurance company enter negotiations in front of an impartial intermediary in mediation.
- We take your case in front of a judge and jury if the insurance company will not be fair in negotiations.
Can I Still Recover Compensation if I Was Partially to Blame?
Yes. Missouri is what is referred to a "pure comparative negligence" state, which means your compensation will be deducted by the percent of responsibility you bear for the accident. So if a jury decides your damages come to $100,000 but determines you were 30 percent responsible, you will only collect $70,000. Illinois is considered a "modified comparative negligence" state, which means you will not receive compensation if you are over 50 percent responsible.
How Much Does it Cost to Hire an Injury Claim Lawyer? | Wentzville, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
It's possible you are nervous about whether or not you can afford legal representation in Wentzville, MO because you're already paying for medical expenses and might not be able to work at the moment because of your injuries. An advantage to hiring an injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote is, as opposed to criminal defense attorneys in Wentzville, MO, we charge a contingency fee. There are three principal advantages to that:
- We require no upfront fees. Because we don't charge an hourly amount, we take a portion of the financial recovery you receive — only after you get paid.
- We charge nothing if we do not secure a successful resolution for your claim. A Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer only earns a living by implementing their expertise to achieve a successful resolution in your case.
- We won't take on your case unless we sincerely believe we can significantly increase your final recovery . We shoulder the risk of employing our resources on your behalf, and we'll always be straightforward with you and will never mislead you.
Regardless of what your present economic circumstances may be, a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Wentzville, MO will take on your case and fight with all of our resources to see you get the great results you are owed.
Take a look at the these links to discover what other services we offer in Wentzville, MO:
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
Call HK Law Today
Wentzville, MO Injury Claim Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
You shouldn't have to pay because someone else was negligent and injured you. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Wentzville, MO, we get started on your case right away and maintain an open and consistent line of communication with you until we secure a successful resolution. We give you all the information you need to do the best thing for you and your Wentzville, MO family. Call an injury claim lawyer in Wentzville, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.