Injury Claim Lawyer Creve Coeur, MO
Creve Coeur, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Consultation | Creve Coeur, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Injury Claim Lawyer in Creve Coeur, MO. Injuries can happen to anyone almost anytime, creating unforeseen and devastating financial, physical and emotional afflictions. It's normal to be furious when your injuries are the consequence of someone else's negligence. Missouri and Illinois law allows for an avenue for injured victims to secure compensation for their damages in the form of personal injury claims. Usually, it can be difficult for Creve Coeur, MO residents to recover fair compensation without the aid of an injury claim lawyer. At Halvorsen Klote, we have committed our careers to getting clients in Missouri and Southern Illinois a full financial recovery, and providing them with the same high standard of legal representation as large insurance companies. If you were injured because someone else was negligent, call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review.
Common Causes of Personal Injury Claims | Creve Coeur, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Personal injury claims refer to the process one goes through to seek restitution for injuries caused by someone else's inattentive, reckless, or willful behavior. While determining who is liable depends on the specific circumstances of your injury, most cases will be decided by law governing one of a number of common accident types. Some of the most frequent cases our injury claim lawyer team handles in Creve Coeur, MO are:
- Auto crashes, such as
- Product liability
- Premises liability
- Slip and fall
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Dog bites
- Construction site accidents
- Daycare injuries
- Swimming pool accidents
No matter how your injuries occurred, trust your Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Creve Coeur, MO to know how maximize the value of your claim. If you've been harmed because of somebody else's negligence, reach out to us right away so we can start working on your claim.
Determining If You Have an Injury Claim | Creve Coeur, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
You cannot make a claim for any injury or accident; you must show that someone else is responsible for your damages. In order for your claim to be successful, your injury claim lawyer must prove the five elements of negligence:
- Duty of Care: Demonstrating a duty of care is predominant a personal injury claim. You must demonstrate that the defendant had a duty to your safety. If you were injured in an auto accident, the other driver automatically had a responsibility, as both Missouri and Illinois have put into law that drivers owe other drivers, passengers, bicyclists and pedestrians a duty of care. Other associations, such as between a doctor and patient or a property owner and customer, have predetermined duties of care.
- Breach of Duty: After establishing a breach of duty, you need to show that the person who owed you a duty of care did not act as a reasonable person would or as the law demands.
- Cause in Fact: The third course of action is showing that were it not for the defendant's actions or inaction, you would not have suffered any damages. For example, if a driver had not been drunk, or a doctor had diagnosed you correctly, you would not have incurred the damages for which you are making a claim.
- Proximate Cause: This refers to whether the cause in fact was really the the other party's fault. If a driver ran a red light because their breaks weren't working, then the duty of care may have been breached by a manufacturer or mechanic, not by the driver.
- Damages: The final aspect of negligence is that you sustained damages. In a personal injury lawsuit, that means you have to provide documentation of your injuries. If a dog nips at you and you only receive a minor cut that doesn't get infected, you probably will not be able to file a sound claim because you did not receive any real injury.
Every Creve Coeur, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to take on, prove, and win every type of personal injury claim. If you're uncertain if your injuries can be attributed to someone else's negligence, you need to consult with an injury claim lawyer right away. Our case reviews are free, so they're no-risk, no-obligation.
Frequently Asked Questions | Creve Coeur, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
The majority of our Creve Coeur, MO clients have never had to make an injury claim before and are anxious about the process and how it works. Below are some of the most frequently asked questions our injury claim lawyer team receives in Creve Coeur, MO:
How Much Compensation Should I Expect to Collect?
That will vary depending on the individual circumstances of your case, the significance of your injuries and the skill of your Creve Coeur, MO injury claim lawyer. We can help you secure compensation for:
- Property damage, for instance damage to your vehicle
- Lost wages from time spent recovering
- Diminished earning potential if your injuries result in disability
- Medical expenses, like:
- Emergency room visits
- Subsequent doctors' visits
- Assistive devices such as wheelchairs
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
Your Creve Coeur, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to correctly value claims and deliver you the great compensation you deserve.
What's the Time Limit to File a Personal Injury Claim?
Both states offer rare exceptions for age or disability, but it is crucial to get in touch with an injury claim lawyer in Creve Coeur, MO right away after an injury to avoid bringing difficulties to your case.
What Is The Burden of Proof in Personal Injury Claims?
We've all heard the phrase "beyond a reasonable doubt." That's the burden of proof that juries and judges must observe in criminal court to protect innocent people from prison. Personal injury claims are settled and tried in civil court, and the the pertinent burden of proof is a preponderance of the evidence. That means that a jury or insurance adjuster must find only that there is a more than than 50 percent chance that the claim is true.
So, if a drunk driver avoids a criminal conviction because of errors in police work, you can still seek restitution from them in a civil case.
If your injury claim lawyer is helping you seek punitive damages, you must show clear and convincing evidence, which means that the fact finder are left with a clear conviction that the claim is most likely true.
How Long Does an Injury Claim Take?
Again, that can vary based on the particulars of your case. The Bureau of Justice Statistics reports that the vast majority of tort cases are settled before they ever get in front of a judge and jury. If the parties settle, you can receive compensation within a few months, while you might have to wait for up to two years if a case in Creve Coeur, MO goes to trial. If your injuries do not lead to permanent disability, your injury claim lawyer may suggest waiting until you've reached maximum medical improvement so you know the full value of all of your medical expenses.
What's the Timeline for a Personal Injury Claim?
usually, after you've been injured by somebody else's negligence in Creve Coeur, MO, you can expect the process to unfold as follows:
- You get medical attention (and keep with it until you have completely recovered).
- You speak to an injury claim lawyer.
- The attorney carries out an investigation into your claim and acquires evidence, for instance police reports and medical records.
- Your injury claim lawyer sends a formal settlement demand letter.
- If the the insurance company does not agree with the settlement demand, your injury claim lawyer may decide to negotiate or may go directly to filing a lawsuit.
- The discovery phase starts, wherein your lawyer gathers more evidence and acquires expert testimony.
- Your injury claim lawyer and the insurance company negotiate in front of an impartial intermediary in mediation.
- We take your case to court if the insurance company will not be fair in negotiations.
Can I Still Recover Compensation if I Was Partially Liable?
Yes. Missouri is what is referred to a "pure comparative negligence" state, which means your compensation will be diminished by the percent of fault you share. So if a jury decides your damages add up to $100,000 but determines you were 30 percent to blame, you will only recover $70,000. Illinois is considered a "modified comparative negligence" state, which means you can only receive compensation if you are less than half to blame.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire an Injury Claim Lawyer? | Creve Coeur, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
You might be apprehensive about whether or not you can afford legal representation in Creve Coeur, MO because the medical bills and lost wages are piling up and you're not sure you can afford an attorney. The great thing about enlisting the services of an injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote is, in contrast to criminal defense attorneys in Creve Coeur, MO, we are paid with a contingency fee. That means three things:
- There are no upfront costs. Because we don't charge an hourly amount, we take a percentage of the compensation you collect — only after you get paid.
- You owe us nothing if we do not secure a successful resolution for your case. A Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer only makes a profit by utilizing their skill and determination to achieve the best possible results.
- We only take cases on when we genuinely believe we can add substantially more value to your claim . We shoulder the risk of employing our resources for you, and we'll always be straightforward with you and will never mislead you.
Whatever your current financial status is, a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Creve Coeur, MO will take on your case and fight with all of our resources to see you get the great results you deserve.
Check out the following links to discover what other services we offer in Creve Coeur, MO:
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
Call HK Law Today
Creve Coeur, MO Injury Claim Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
You shouldn't have to pay because someone else was negligent and injured you. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Creve Coeur, MO, we get started on your case immediately and stay in communication with you throughout the entire process. We give you all the information you need to do the best thing for you and your Creve Coeur, MO family. Call an injury claim lawyer in Creve Coeur, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.