Injury Claim Lawyer Dardenne Prairie, MO
Dardenne Prairie, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Case Review | Dardenne Prairie, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Injury Claim Lawyer in Dardenne Prairie, MO. Injuries can happen to anyone almost anytime, creating sudden and devastating financial, physical and emotional burdens. It can be maddening when your injuries result from someone else's careless actions. Missouri and Illinois law provide an outlet for injured victims to get a financial recovery for their damages in the form of personal injury claims. In most cases, it can be difficult for Dardenne Prairie, MO residents to get fair compensation without the help of an injury claim lawyer. At Halvorsen Klote, we have dedicated our careers to offering the injured and vulnerable in Missouri and Southern Illinois the highest level of legal representation that matches and exceeds that of large insurance companies. If you were injured through no fault of your own, call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case evaluation.
Top Causes of Personal Injury Claims | Dardenne Prairie, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Personal injury claims are legal claims seeking restitution for injuries caused by someone else's incautious, reckless, or intentional actions. While determining who is at fault depends on the specific facts of your accident, most cases will be decided by law governing one of several common categories. Some of the most frequent cases our injury claim lawyer team gets great compensation for in Dardenne Prairie, MO are:
- Auto crashes, such as
- Product liability
- Premises liability
- Slip and fall
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Dog bites
- Construction site accidents
- Daycare injuries
- Swimming pool accidents
Regardless of how your injuries occurred, your Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Dardenne Prairie, MO has seen it before. If you've been injured because of another person's reckless actions, get in touch with us right away so we can start working on your claim.
Determining If You Have an Injury Claim | Dardenne Prairie, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Not all injuries and accidents are cause for an injury or accident claim; you must show that someone else is liable for your damages. In order for your injury claim lawyer to win your case, they must how the other party's action or inaction amounts to the five elements of negligence:
- Duty of Care: Demonstrating a duty of care is a prerequisite to winning a personal injury claim. You must show that the defendant had an obligation to your safety. If you were injured in an auto accident, the other driver automatically had a responsibility, as both Missouri and Illinois have stipulated that drivers owe other drivers, passengers, bicyclists and pedestrians a duty of care. Other relationships, a doctor-patient relationship or that between a property manager and visitor, have pre-designated duties of care.
- Breach of Duty: The second step, you must demonstrate that the person who owed you a duty of care did not act as a reasonable person would or as the law demands.
- Cause in Fact: Following that, you must demonstrate that if the other party had acted differently, you would not have been injured. For instance, if a driver had not run a red light, or a defective product had been recalled, you would not have been injured.
- Proximate Cause: This refers to whether the cause in fact was really the the other party's fault. If a driver ran a red light because their breaks malfunctioned, then the duty of care may have been breached by a manufacturer or mechanic, not by the driver.
- Damages: The last aspect of negligence is that you sustained damages. In a personal injury claim, that means you have to provide documentation of your injuries. If you're in a slip and fall and only suffer a minor bruise that goes away after a couple days, you likely do not have a claim because you did not receive any actual damages.
Every Dardenne Prairie, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to take on, prove, and get great results in every type of personal injury case. If don't know whether or not your injuries can be attributed to someone else's negligence, reach out to an injury claim lawyer as soon as you can. We don't charge anything for evaluating your case, so there's no reason not to call us to discuss your claim.
Frequently Asked Questions | Dardenne Prairie, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
When we get a new case in Dardenne Prairie, MO, it's typically somebody who has never experienced an injury claim and is understandably unsure about what the whole process entails. The following are some of the most frequently asked questions our injury claim lawyer team receives in Dardenne Prairie, MO:
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That depends on the particulars of your accident, the extent of your damages and the expertise of your Dardenne Prairie, MO injury claim lawyer. We can help you collect compensation for:
- Property damage, like damage to your car
- Wage loss if your injury prevented you from being able to fulfill the functions of your job
- Diminished earning capacity if your injuries result in disability
- Medical costs, such as:
- Emergency room visits
- Subsequent doctors' appointments
- Assistive devices such as crutches
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
Your Dardenne Prairie, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to precisely value claims and deliver you the maximum financial recovery you are entitled to.
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury Claims?
There are some notably exceptions in each state, but it is crucial to get in touch with an injury claim lawyer in Dardenne Prairie, MO as soon as you can after being in an accident so that the time limit does not run out.
What Is The Burden of Proof in Personal Injury Claims?
The phrase "beyond a reasonable doubt" is ubiquitous in American culture. That's the burden of proof that juries and judges must observe in criminal court so that there is no chance that an innocent person is incarcerated. Personal injury claims are civil cases, and the burden of proof is called a preponderance of the evidence. That means that a fact-finder — whoever makes the final decision in your case — must find only that there is a more than than 50 percent chance that the claim is true.
That means that if a drunk driver gets out of their criminal case because of mistakes in police work, you can still hold them accountable in a civil claim.
If you and your injury claim lawyer choose to pursue punitive damages, you must provide clear and convincing evidence, which falls between preponderance of the evidence and beyond a reasonable doubt.
How Long Does an Injury Claim Take?
Again, that can change based on the specifics of your claim. The Bureau of Justice Statistics reports that the vast majority of tort lawsuits are settled in negotiations. A settlement may only take a few months, while a case that goes to trial in Dardenne Prairie, MO can take up to two years. If your injuries do not have a permanent impact on your life, it might be best to wait until you've reached maximum medical improvement so you know the full extent of your medical costs.
What's the Process of a Personal Injury Claim?
Generally, after you've been injured by somebody else's careless behavior in Dardenne Prairie, MO, you can expect the process to unfold as follows:
- You get medical treatment (and keep with it until you have completely recovered).
- You speak to an injury claim lawyer.
- The lawyer carries out an investigation into your case and obtains evidence, such as police reports and medical records.
- Your injury claim lawyer writes an official settlement demand letter.
- If the settlement demand is denied, your injury claim lawyer will decide if the best idea is to attempt to negotiate or file a lawsuit.
- Your lawyer enters the discovery phase, where they acquire futher evidence and collect expert opinions.
- Your injury claim lawyer and the the other party enter negotiations before an impartial intermediary in mediation.
- We take your case to court if we cannot secure a fair settlement offer in negotiations.
Can I Still Collect Compensation if I Was Partially Responsible for the Injury?
Yes. Missouri is a "pure comparative negligence" state, which means your financial recovery will be deducted by the portion of responsibility you bear for the accident. So if a jury awards you $100,000 but decides you were 30 percent responsible, you will only recover $70,000. Illinois is called a "modified comparative negligence" state, which means you can only receive a financial recovery if you are less than half liable.
How Much Does it Cost to Hire an Injury Claim Lawyer? | Dardenne Prairie, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
It's possible you are worried about employing the services of a lawyer in Dardenne Prairie, MO because the medical bills and lost wages are piling up and you're not sure you can afford an attorney. A benefit of enlisting the services of an injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote is, in contrast to other lawyers in Dardenne Prairie, MO, we charge a contingency fee. That means three things:
- We charge no upfront fees. Rather than getting an hourly rate, we are paid with portion of the compensation you collect — only after we win or settle your case.
- We charge nothing if we do not win your case. A Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer only earns a living by implementing their skill and determination to attain a successful resolution in your case.
- We only take cases on when we genuinely believe we can add significantly more value to your claim . We accept the risk of using our resources on your behalf, and we won't make promises we can't keep or mislead you.
Whatever your present economic circumstances may be, a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Dardenne Prairie, MO will be by your side and fight for you to get you the great results you deserve.
Check out the these links to see what other services we offer in Dardenne Prairie, MO:
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
Call HK Law Today
Dardenne Prairie, MO Injury Claim Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
You don't have to go through the complex legal process alone. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Dardenne Prairie, MO, we start investigating your case right away and stay in communication with you throughout the entire process. We make sure you understand your claim and the law so you can make the best decision for you and your Dardenne Prairie, MO family. Call an injury claim lawyer in Dardenne Prairie, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.