Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Dardenne Prairie, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Case Evaluation | Dardenne Prairie, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Dardenne Prairie, MO. Pedestrian accidents can cause inconceivable damage that has the potential to affect you and your family for months, years or even the rest of your life. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team helps the injured throughout Missouri and Southern Illinois by providing them with the talented legal counsel that large insurance companies have access to. We are here to fight for justice on your behalf, hold the people that harmed you accountable and secure you the complete compensation you need to truly recover. Get in touch with a Dardenne Prairie, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case review.
Pedestrian Accident Statistics | Dardenne Prairie, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration found that, in the United States in 2019, there were 6,205 pedestrian deaths and over 76,000 injuries.
According to reporting from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 non-passengers were killed in accidents and 1,314 pedestrians were injured.
According to the Illinois Department of Transportation, in 2020 175 Illinois pedestrians died in collisions and 3,138 sustained injuries.
Do Pedestrians Always Have the Right of Way in Dardenne Prairie, MO?
While drivers of motor vehicles owe other drivers, passengers and pedestrians a duty of care, there are safety measures pedestrians must adhere to according to Illinois and Missouri laws:
- Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must obey traffic signals.
- When traffic signals are not present, cars, trucks and motorcycles are required to yield to a pedestrian that is halfway across the road.
- Pedestrians cannot suddenly enter traffic in a way that a driver will not be able to see them in time.
- Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- If there is no crosswalk, and a pedestrian is not at an intersection, vehicles have the right of way.
- Pedestrians must wait for vehicles to pass if they are crossing on a street where a pedestrian bridge has been implemented.
- In both Missouri and Illinois, you cannot cross at adjacent intersections where traffic signals are present except at a crosswalk.
who knows how to apply Missouri or Illinois law to your injury claim. Contact a pedestrian accident lawyer in Dardenne Prairie, MO straight away at 866-382-4167.
Who Can I Hold Accountable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Dardenne Prairie, MO?
That will vary based on the exact causes of your injuries. Some of the entities we can seek compensation from are:
- The driver, for instance if they were running a red light, or otherwise driving negligently.
- A car manufacturer, vendor or mechanic in a product liability case, for instance if a motorcycle wobbles at high speeds.
- The government agency who are charged with keeping a particular area safe, for example if there a sign that makes a pedestrian difficult to see from a vehicle.
In some cases, multiple entities may share responsibility. For example, if a drunk driver hits you in a lowly lit crosswalk, we may be able to help you seek compensation from the driver and the public entity who were supposed to keep the area safe for pedestrians. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will explore every possible cause of your accident your accident in order to win you fair compensation you are entitled to. This is particularly important if if one party, in conjunction with your underinsured motorist coverage, is not able to pay for all of your damages.
What if I Am Partially At Fault for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Dardenne Prairie, MO?
Both Missouri and Illinois have what's referred to as a "comparative negligence" rule. That means that you will receive compensation for the share of the accident you are not responsible for. For example, if your damages total $100,000, but the fact finder determines you are bear 20% of the responsibility for your injuries, you would collect $80,000.
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, you can still recover some compensation even if you are 99% to blame for the accident. However, in Illinois, under 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would be barred from recovering anything if you bear over half of the liability for the accident.
Insurance adjusters often try to use comparative negligence to lessen your payout, or avoid reimbursing you altogether. Your Dardenne Prairie, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to resist those stunts and get you the financial recovery you are owed.
How Can a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Dardenne Prairie, MO Help With My Case?
Your Dardenne Prairie, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will employ our legal knowledge to get justice for you and your loved ones. When you hire us, we get started on your case right away. We also give you all the information you need to make the best decision for you and your family. On top of that, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Obtain all relevant evidence, including eyewitness testimony, photographs, police reports and more.
- Work alongside our network of Dardenne Prairie, MO crash experts to help ascertain accountability for your injuries.
- Work in tandem with our network of Dardenne Prairie, MO medical experts to ensure we know the precise worth of your claim.
- Manage all investigation, documentation, litigation and negotiation so you can focus on healing.
- Stand up to insurance adjusters who do not want to pay you what they owe you.
- Take your case in front of a judge and jury when the insurance adjuster will not be fair in negotiations.
How Much Compensation Should I Expect to Collect?
That will vary depending on the particulars of your injury, the significance of your injuries and the expertise of your Dardenne Prairie, MO injury claim lawyer. We can help you collect a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, for instance damage to your car
- Lost wages if your injury prevented you from being able to fulfill the functions of your job
- Lowered earning capacity if your injuries have permanent effects on your ability to complete tasks at your place of work
- Medical bills, like:
- Emergency room visits
- Subsequent doctors' visits
- Assistive devices such as crutches
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
Your Dardenne Prairie, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful articles and legal FAQs from your Dardenne Prairie, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Check out the links below to discover what other services we offer in Dardenne Prairie, MO:
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
Dardenne Prairie, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or a family member was injured in an accident because of someone else's negligence, trust in your Dardenne Prairie, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote to be there when you need help the most. You do not have to go it alone when someone else turns your life upside down. We take all of our client's cases in Dardenne Prairie, MO personally and will stand by your side throughout your claim. You do not pay unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Dardenne Prairie, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free consultation.