Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Boonville, MO
Boonville, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Boonville, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Boonville, MO. Motorcycles provide an almost meditative sense of peace and thrill. However, Boonville, MO motorcyclists are at heightened danger compared to other motorists. Injuries sustained in motorcycle accidents can be severe and life-changing. If you were injured by a negligent driver, Halvorsen Klote's Boonville, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team will hold the liable parties responsible and set you on the road to recovery. Our experience and client-centered approach will give you piece of mind and confidence that your case will reach a successful resolution. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Boonville, MO today at 866-382-4167 or reach out to us online for a free case review. We serve the injured throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Boonville, MO only charges a contingency fee. That means there are no consultation, hourly or service fees, and you don't pay us anything unless we win your case.
Beyond motorcycle accidents, our attorneys are also knowledgeable and experienced in the following personal injury claims in Boonville, MO:
Boonville, Missouri and Illinois Motorcycle Accident Statistics
In the United States, in 2020 motorcycle crashes lead to 82,500 injuries and 5,579 deaths. In Missouri, there were 2,177 motorcycle accidents, resulting in 1,658 injuries and 118 fatalities, according to the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium. In the Greater St. Louis area, there were 321 crashes, which lead to 240 people becoming injured and 9 people passing away.
In Illinois, according to their 2020 Crash Facts & Statistics, there were 2,991 motorcycle crashes, which resulted in 2,404 injuries, 867 severely debilitating injuries and 152 fatalities.
More Boonville, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a deeper dive into the statistics shows an even greater disparity in how safe motorcyclists are compared to their enclosed-vehicle peers:
- Even though motorcycles make up only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycle accidents cause 14 percent of deaths and 4 percent of all injuries, according to the National Safety Council.
- Over the course of 15 years in the early 2000s, the National Safety Council approximates that helmets saved over 25,000 lives, and helmets are considered to be 41 percent effective at preventing motorcycle passenger deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, 16.71 passenger cars per 100,000 and 13.72 light trucks per 100,000 were involved in crashes in 2020, compared to 68.71 motorcycles per 100,000.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in there were less than 15 injuries for one death, illustrating how motorcyclists are much more likely to die in an accident.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, on weekends when bars are at their fullest and after dark.
While some motorists give motorcyclists a bad rap, the truth is the bulk of bikers practice safety tips. It's usually either another vehicle's inattention or their wariness to share the road that gets people hurt. If another driver in the Boonville, MO area injured you, call the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team for the best results in your case.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in Boonville, MO?
DUIs or DWIs
Drunk driving accidents are the most common cause of motor vehicle accidents, and in the U.S. it kills approximately 32 people a day. Drunk driving was found to be involved in over three-tenths of motorcycle accident deaths.
Because motorcycles only have two wheels, they are especially vulnerable to road hazards such as uneven pavement, slick surfaces, potholes, and debris. If your accident was caused by a road hazard, the at-fault party may be a government entity or construction company.
Over 40 percent of fatal motorcycle crashes occur when a vehicle turns left and hits a motorcyclist going straight. This is often just a consequence of drivers failing to see motorcyclists, even if they're judiciously checking their blind spots. This is due to something called "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains cannot notice a smaller vehicle like a motorcycle because of how much sensory information we receive as we drive.
Over 30 percent of fatal motorcycle accidents had speeding as a contributing factor. While this is sometimes speeding on behalf of the motorcyclist, another culprit is passenger car drivers who force a biker to take evasive action.
Motorcycles do not need as much room to break as other vehicles, and many motorcyclists use alternative breaking methods like downshifting, so a motorist behind them won't see the passenger car. It is still the responsibility of the other vehicle to slow down in time.
Why Do I Need a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Boonville, MO?
Most of our clients have never had to hire a lawyer before, and don't know what the procedure is for receiving compensation and the value of the claim. A Halvorsen Klote Boonville, MO motorcycle accidents attorney will immediately start working on your case by:
- Conducting a complete investigation into your caseso that we can obtain the necessary evidence and determine liability. We use our legal knowledge and network of Boonville, MO crash experts to determine who needs to be held accountable.
- Offering sound legal guidance as your case progresses, so you know everything you need to in order to make the best decision for you, your future, and your Boonville, MO loved ones.
- Keeping you informed throughout your so that you are never left in the dark. Our legal representation takes a personalized approach.
- Leveling the playing field against powerful insurance companies so you make get every penny you are owed. Insurance adjusters love to take advantage of people who do not know the law. We founded our practice on the notion accident victims and their families should have access to the same standard of legal representation that large insurance companies have.
- Overseeing all of the legal aspects of your case so you can spend your energy on what matters most: reaching your best possible medical recovery and putting your life back together.
- Make sure that you receive a full financial recovery for all of your damages, including medical expenses, money you lost from not working, anything you paid out-of-pocket and loss of enjoyment of life.
When you're following all the rules and end up injured because somebody else did something wrong, it can have a profound and unanticipated impact on your life and your financial security. The Boonville, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you do not have to go through this alone.
Boonville, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand that the consequences of being injured by somebody else's negligence are immediate and severe. But you should not have to pay because somebody else in Boonville, MO did not do the right thing. For a free case review with an expert motorcycle accidents attorney that knows how to get results, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.