Hannibal, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call for a Free Consultation
Personal injury attorney in Hannibal, MO. Attorneys Joel Halvorsen, Greg Klote, and Samanth Orlowski at Halvorsen Klote know that accidents both minor and severe may result in staggering medical expenses, an inability to return to the job you once depended on, or permanent disfigurement and pain. Regardless of the scale of the loss you’ve endured, you are equally deserving of rights and just compensation under the law. HK Law is here to help St. Louis area residents with legal representation. Contact our Hannibal, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys in Hannibal, MO, today..
If you or a loved one have been injured due to recklessness or negligence, our firm will be your voice. Please contact a personal injury attorney in Hannibal, MO for assistance and a for a free, no-risk case evaluation. All cases we take are based on a contingency fee so that you do not have to pay legal fees up-front.
Personal Injury Claims We Manage in Hannibal, MO
Whether your accident happened on the streets of Hannibal or in your very own home, injuries that are not your fault can happen anywhere at any time. This is why the Halvorsen Klote firm handles so many different kinds of cases, because we want to help as many individuals and their families as possible.
Halvorsen Klote is available and willing to take on a number of case types, including:
- Automotive Accidents: Vehicle-related crashes account for an average of 1.9 million injuries every year (and around 30,000 fatalities). Most of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, DUIs, and intersections.
- Premises Liability: These cases often involve dog bites, defective products, fires, toxins or chemical leaks, slips and falls, ice, and other hazards that can cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents: Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It's important to contact an experienced accident attorney if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability: Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, and even design defects that lead to injuries. May include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, and other everyday items. Halvorsen Kote's Hannibal, MO, accident attorneys are on your side.
- Medical Malpractice: Another common cause behind injuries, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication, and several other medical issues.
Personal injury cases vary based on the scenario, and whatever financial damages are to follow. The personal injury attorneys in Hannibal, MO, support victims in the case of an injury.
What is Liability?
Damages vary based on a variety of factors based on how, what, where, and why. If you are involved in a semi-truck crash, for example, it's important to figure out who is to blame. This is where our personal injury attorneys in Hannibal, MO, come into play. Was it caused by poor road conditions, the trucking company, negligent driving? That is why our firm has your back.
You can recover damages by either filing a personal injury claim with the at-fault party’s insurance company or by filing a personal injury lawsuit against them in the Hannibal courts; however, it may be hard to determine if you have a leg to stand on in either case.
In order to succeed, you must be able to prove two critical items: fault and damages. For instance, a person, business, or employee(s) of a company must perform a wrongful act or fail at their duty to protect others from dangerous situations in order to be guilty of negligence and thus held liable for your injuries. Furthermore, the accident must meet time restrictions set forth by MO statute of limitations.
What Damages Can You Recover For a Personal Injury Case in Hannibal, MO?
It's Halvorsen Klote's responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our Hannibal, MO, accidents attorneys investigate at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors that may have caused physical, mental, and financial harm. The two primary types of compensation an injury attorney in Hannibal, MO, provide includes the following:
- Special Damages: Special or "economic" damages can include lost wages, medical expenses, lost benefits, loss of inheritance, and even the value of goods a victim would have provided if they weren't injured. You can also add medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be considered special damages, which is another reason why it's important to keep track of financial repercussions. Our attorneys help victims organize all of this information.
- General Damages: While not as clear, general damages are as important for victims to consider. Our Hannibal, MO, injury attorneys will consider loss of consortium, any emotional trauma due to the accident, pain and suffering, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It is helpful to keep a journal that documents your current situation to justify general damages.
Often, personal injury claims are settled before reaching trial but, if one becomes necessary, we do not hesitate to face large insurance companies to get the amount of compensation you find fair for your injuries.
Below are other services we provide:
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
- Accident Lawyer
- Truck Accident Attorneys
- Bodily Injury Lawyer
- Auto Accident Lawyer
Hannibal, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys
In many cases, claims for personal injury are settled out of court before ever reaching the trial stage; however, we will never hesitate to go to trial if large insurance companies refuse to pay what’s fair.
These big insurance companies have a vested interest in limiting their liability and will therefore pressure you into accepting a settlement offer that may not be in your long-term best interests. Without effective legal representation, you may lose out on gaining sufficient compensation to cover your losses.
Furthermore, the personal injury claim process is made up of unfair denials, mountains of paperwork, complicated details, and unexpected obstacles. In our extensive experience, we know the ins and outs of the process and want to make it as simple as possible for you.
If you are still unsure if you have a case, an experienced Hannibal personal injury lawyer at The Hayden Law Firm can determine if you have enough evidence to effectively seek damages and prove fault. Contact our firm today.
Our lawyers would be more than happy to speak with you. Our firm has settled numerous cases and you can view our testimonials here.