Wardsville, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call for a Free Consultation
Personal injury attorney in Wardsville, MO. Attorneys Joel Halvorsen, Greg Klote, and Samanth Orlowski at Halvorsen Klote know that accidents both severe and minor can result in staggering medical expenses, an inability to return to the job you once depended on, or permanent pain and disfigurement. Regardless of the scale of the loss you’ve endured, you are equally deserving of rights and just compensation under the law. HK Law is here to help St. Louis area residents with legal representation. Contact our Wardsville, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys in Wardsville, MO, now..
If you or a loved one have been hurt due to recklessness or negligence, our firm will be your voice. Feel free to contact a personal injury attorney in Wardsville, MO for help and a for a free, no-risk case consultation. If we decide to take your case, it will be on a contingency fee basis which means you don’t have to pay fees up-front.
Personal Injury Claims We Manage in Wardsville, MO
Accidents happen all around us and the injuries that victims face are far-reaching. This is why our firm handles so many different kinds of cases, because we want to help injury victims and their families.
Halvorsen Klote is available and willing to take on a series of case types, including:
- Car and Truck Accidents: Vehicular crashes account for about 1.9 million injuries every year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents include semi trucks, speeding, distracted drivers, drugs and alcohol, and intersections.
- Premises Liability: These claims often involve dog bites, defective products, fires, toxins or chemical leaks, slips and falls, ice, and other hazards that cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents: Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It is important to contact an experienced accident lawyer if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability: Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, or even design errors that lead to injuries. May include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, and other everyday items. Halvorsen Kote's Wardsville, MO, accident attorneys are on your side.
- Medical Malpractice: Another common cause of personal injury claims, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication, and many other medical issues.
Injury cases vary based on the situation, and whatever financial damages are to follow. The personal injury attorneys in Wardsville, MO, support victims in the case of an injury.
What is Liability?
Damages vary based on a variety of factors based on how, what, where, and why. If you are involved in a truck accident, for instance, it's important to figure out who is to blame. That's where our personal injury attorneys in Wardsville, MO, come into play. Was it the truck driver, the driver's company, the road? That is why our firm is here.
You can recover damages by either filing a personal injury claim with the at-fault party’s insurance company or by filing a personal injury lawsuit against them in the Wardsville courts; however, it may difficult to know if you have a right to a claim in either situation.
In order to succeed, you must meet two essential elements: fault and damages. For example, a person, business, or employee(s) of a company must commit a wrongful act or fail at their duty to protect others from dangerous situations in order to be guilty of negligence and thus held accountable for your injuries. Furthermore, the accident must fall within time restrictions set forth by MO statute of limitations.
What Damages Can Be Recovered For a Personal Injury Claim in Wardsville, MO?
It's our responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our Wardsville, MO, accidents attorneys will look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors that may have caused physical, mental, and financial harm. The two main types of compensation an accident attorney in Wardsville, MO, provide includes:
- Special Damages: Special or "economic" damages can include lost wages, medical expenses, loss of benefits, any loss of inheritance, and any goods and services the survivor may have contributed in the future. You can also include medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be counted as special damages, which is why it's important to keep track of financial repercussions. Our attorneys help victims organize all of this information.
- General Damages: More difficult to define, general damages are equally important for victims to consider. Our Wardsville, MO, injury attorneys will consider pain and suffering, emotional trauma, loss of enjoyment, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It is helpful to keep a journal that documents your current situation to justify general damages.
In many cases, claims for personal injury are settled out of court before ever reaching the trial stage; however, we will never hesitate to go to trial if large insurance companies refuse to pay what’s fair.
Below are other services our firm provides:
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
- Accident Lawyer
- Truck Accident Attorneys
- Bodily Injury Lawyer
- Auto Accident Lawyer
Wardsville, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys
Often, personal injury claims are settled before reaching trial but, if one becomes necessary, we do not hesitate to face large insurance companies to get the amount of compensation you find fair for your injuries.
These large insurance companies will do anything they can to limit their liability and will therefore pressure you into accepting a settlement offer that might not be in your long-term best interests. Without someone on your side, you could lose out on getting sufficient coverage for your losses.
Furthermore, the personal injury claim process is made up of paperwork, unexpected obstacles, unfair denials, and complicated details. In our extensive experience, we know the ins and outs of the process and want to make it as easy as possible for you.
If you need further help determining if you have a personal injury case, an experienced Wardsville personal injury lawyer at The Hayden Law Firm can discover if you have enough evidence to effectively prove fault and seek damages. Contact our firm now.
Our lawyers would be more than happy to speak with you. We've settled numerous cases and you can view our testimonials here.