Belleville, IL Personal Injury Attorneys
Call for a Free Consultation
Personal injury attorney in Belleville, IL. Attorneys Joel Halvorsen, Greg Klote, and Samanth Orlowski at Halvorsen Klote know that accidents both minor and severe can result in staggering medical expenses, an inability to return to the job you once depended on, or permanent disfigurement and pain. We want to help you not only reclaim what you lost, but gain every possible opportunity moving forward. HK Law is here to help clients with legal representation. Call or contact our Belleville, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys in Belleville, IL, now..
If you or a loved one have been seriously injured due to negligence or recklessness, HK Law's team will be your voice. Please contact a personal injury attorney in Belleville, IL for help and a for a free, no-risk case consultation. All cases we take are based on a contingency fee so that you do not have to pay legal fees up-front.
Personal Injury Claims We Manage in Belleville, IL
Accidents happen all around us and the injuries that victims face are far-reaching. This is why the Halvorsen Klote firm manages so many different kinds of cases, because we want to help injury victims and their families.
Halvorsen Klote is available and willing to take on a series of case types, including:
- Automotive Accidents: Vehicular crashes account for about 1.9 million injuries every year (and around 30,000 fatalities). Most of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, DUIs, and intersections.
- Premises Liability: These cases typically involve dog bites, defective products, fires, toxins or chemical leaks, slips and falls, ice, and other hazards that may cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents: Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It's important to contact an experienced accident lawyer if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability: Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, and even design errors that lead to injuries. May include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, and other everyday items. Halvorsen Kote's Belleville, IL, accident attorneys are on your side.
- Medical Malpractice: Another common cause behind personal injury claims, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication, and many other medical issues.
Injury cases vary based on the situation, and whatever financial damages are involved. The personal injury attorneys in Belleville, IL, injury victims.
Who is Liable to Pay Damages?
Fault depends on how the accident happened, where it happened, and how bad the damage is. If you're involved in a truck accident, for example, it is key to figure out who is to blame. This is where HK Law's personal injury attorneys in Belleville, IL, come into play. Was it the truck driver, the driver's company, the road? That's why our firm is here.
You can recover damages by either filing a personal injury claim with the at-fault party’s insurance company or by filing a personal injury lawsuit against them in the Belleville courts; however, it may be hard to determine if you have a leg to stand on in either case.
In order to succeed, you must be able to prove two critical items: damages and fault. For example, a person, business, or employee(s) of a company must perform a wrongful act or fail at their duty to protect others from dangerous situations in order to be guilty of negligence and thus held liable for your injuries. Furthermore, the accident must fall within time restrictions set forth under IL statute of limitations.
What Damages Can Be Recovered For a Personal Injury Claim in Belleville, IL?
It is our responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our Belleville, IL, accidents attorneys look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors that may have caused financial and physical harm. The two primary types of compensation an accident attorney in Belleville, IL, provide includes:
- Special Damages: Special or "economic" damages can include lost wages, medical expenses, loss of benefits, loss of inheritance, and even the value of goods a victim would have provided if they weren't injured. You can also include medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be considered special damages, which is why it is important to keep track of financial repercussions. When you begin a case, our team will help you get these items in order.
- General Damages: More difficult to define, general damages are as important for victims to consider. Our Belleville, IL, accident lawyers will consider loss of consortium, any emotional trauma due to the accident, pain and suffering, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's helpful to document everything you can regarding your health and well-being to justify general damages.
Often, personal injury claims are settled before reaching trial but, if one becomes necessary, we do not hesitate to face large insurance companies to get the amount of compensation you find fair for your injuries.
Below are other services our firm provides:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Belleville, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys
In many cases, claims for personal injury are settled out of court before ever reaching the trial stage; however, we will never hesitate to go to trial if large insurance companies refuse to pay what’s fair.
These big insurance companies have a vested interest in limiting their liability and will therefore pressure you to make quick decisions on a settlement offer that may not be in your long-term best interests. Without effective legal representation, you may lose out on gaining sufficient compensation to cover your losses.
Furthermore, the personal injury claim process is made up of paperwork, unexpected obstacles, unfair denials, and complicated details. With our extensive experience, we know this process well and want to make it as simple as possible for you.
If you need further help determining if you have a personal injury case, an experienced Belleville personal injury lawyer at The Hayden Law Firm can discover if you have enough evidence to appropriately seek damages and prove fault. Contact Halvorsen Klote now.
Our lawyers would be more than happy to speak with you. Our firm has settled numerous cases and you can view our testimonials here.