St. Louis, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call for a Free Consultation
Personal injury attorney in St. Louis, MO. Attorneys Joel Halvorsen, Greg Klote, and Samanth Orlowski at Halvorsen Klote know that accidents both minor and severe may result in staggering medical expenses, an inability to return to the job you once depended on, or permanent disfigurement and pain. Regardless of the scale of the loss you’ve endured, you are equally deserving of rights and just compensation under the law. HK Law is here to help St. Louis area residents with legal representation. Contact our St. Louis, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys in St. Louis, MO, now..
If you or a loved one have been hurt due to negligence or recklessness, HK Law's team is prepared to act on your behalf. Please contact a personal injury attorney in St. Louis, MO for assistance and a for a free, no-risk case evaluation. If we decide to take your case, it will be on a contingency fee basis which means you don’t have to pay fees up-front.
Personal Injury Claims We Manage in St. Louis, MO
Accidents happen all around us and the injuries that victims face are far-reaching. This is why the Halvorsen Klote firm handles personal injury claims of all types, because we want to help as many people as we can that suffer needlessly.
Halvorsen Klote is available and willing to take on a number of case types, including:
- Automotive Accidents: Vehicular accidents account for about 1.9 million accidents every year (and around 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents include semi trucks, speeding, distracted drivers, drugs and alcohol, and intersections.
- Premises Liability: These claims often involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, toxic fumes, dog bites, and other hazards that may cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents: Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It is important to contact an experienced accident lawyer if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability: Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, or even design defects that lead to injuries. May include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, and other everyday goods. Halvorsen Kote's St. Louis, MO, accident attorneys are on your side.
- Medical Malpractice: Another common cause behind personal injury claims, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication, and several other medical issues.
Injury cases vary based on the situation, and any financial damages are involved. The personal injury attorneys in St. Louis, MO, support victims in the case of an injury.
Who is Liable to Pay Damages?
Fault depends on how the accident happened, where it happened, and how bad the damage is. If you're involved in a semi-truck crash, for example, it is important to figure out who is to blame. This is where our personal injury attorneys in St. Louis, MO, come into play. Was it caused by poor road conditions, the trucking company, negligent driving? That is why our firm is here.
You may be able to seek damages by either pursuing a claim with the negligent party’s insurance or filing a lawsuit against them in the city of St. Louis; however, it may difficult to know if you have a right to a claim in either situation.
In order to succeed, you must meet two essential elements: damages and fault. For instance, an individual, company, or employee(s) of a business must perform a wrongful act or default on their duty to prevent dangerous situations in order to be guilty of negligence and thus held responsible for your injuries. Furthermore, the accident must fall within time restrictions set forth under MO statute of limitations.
What Damages Can Be Recovered For a Personal Injury Case in St. Louis, MO?
It is Halvorsen Klote's responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our St. Louis, MO, accidents attorneys investigate at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors that may have caused financial and physical harm. The two main types of compensation an injury attorney in St. Louis, MO, provide includes:
- Special Damages: Economic or "special" damages can include any loss of financial earnings, medical expenses, lost benefits, loss of inheritance, and even the value of goods a victim would have provided if they weren't injured. You can also add medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be considered special damages, which is another reason why it is important to keep track of financial repercussions. When you begin a case, our team will help you get these items in order.
- General Damages: While not as clear, general damages are equally important for victims to consider. Our St. Louis, MO, injury attorneys consider loss of consortium, any emotional trauma due to the accident, pain and suffering, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's advisable to document everything you can regarding your health and well-being to justify general damages.
In many cases, claims for personal injury are settled out of court before ever reaching the trial stage; however, we will never hesitate to go to trial if large insurance companies refuse to pay what’s fair.
Below are other legal services our firm provides:
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
- Accident Lawyer
- Truck Accident Attorneys
- Bodily Injury Lawyer
- Auto Accident Lawyer
St. Louis, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys
Often, personal injury claims are settled before reaching trial but, if one becomes necessary, we do not hesitate to face large insurance companies to get the amount of compensation you find fair for your injuries.
These big insurance companies will do anything they can to limit their liability and will therefore pressure you to make quick decisions on a settlement offer that might not be in your best interests long-term. Without someone on your side, you could lose out on getting sufficient coverage for your losses.
Furthermore, the personal injury claim process is made up of unfair denials, mountains of paperwork, complicated details, and unexpected obstacles. With our extensive experience, we know the ins and outs of the process and want to make it as seamless as possible for you.
If you need further help determining if you have a personal injury case, an experienced St. Louis personal injury lawyer at The Hayden Law Firm can determine if you have enough evidence to appropriately prove fault and seek damages. Contact Halvorsen Klote now.
Our lawyers would be more than happy to speak with you. Our firm has settled numerous cases and you can view our testimonials here.