St. Louis and Southern Illinois Nursing Home Neglect Attorney
St. Louis Nursing Home Neglect Lawyer
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review | St. Louis Nursing Home Neglect Lawyer.
Nursing Home Neglect Lawyer St. Louis, MO. If your parent, grandparent or loved one has been harmed due to nursing home neglect, you need to call Halvorsen Klote immediately at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us for a free consultation. You need a nursing home neglect lawyer on your side as soon as possible, fighting for your family.
According to the most recent data from the Kaiser Family Foundation, there are over 15,300 certified nursing homes in the United States and these homes care for almost 1.3 million people. That averages almost 85 people in each home. Worse still, 67.9 percent of these facilities have deficiencies, which, as defined by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, is given to nursing homes for problems which can result in a negative impact on the health and safety of residents.
The St. Louis nursing home neglect lawyer team at Halvorsen Klote works for our clients, making sure that you and your loved ones are taken care of during these trying times. When someone you or your family pays to “look after and care for” a loved one turns around, cashes the check, and then neglects or mistreats that person, you have every right to be angry. Irate; vengeful even.
Our nursing home neglect lawyer will stand in your corner and guarantee that you have someone looking out for you every step of the way. We make those neglectful people pay, hold them responsible, so that they stop this horrific process and so that another family doesn’t have to suffer. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW. We don’t get paid unless you win.
Nursing Home Neglect Resources from Halvorsen Klote
- Nursing Home Closures and Trends
- Vital and Health Statistics: Long-term Care Providers and Services Users in the U.S.
- What is Long-Term Care and Who Needs It?
- Who Lives in Nursing Homes?
- Nursing Home Statistics You Need to Know
- Nursing Home Abuse Center
St. Louis Nursing Home Neglect Lawyer: What Causes Nursing Home Neglect?
Choosing a skilled and dedicated St. Louis nursing home neglect lawyer is the best way to ensure that you and your family are fully compensated and guarantee that your financial future and health are protected. Your nursing home neglect lawyer has years of experience in the causes of neglect seen in nursing homes, and can be a strong advocate for defining neglect in your case.
Some of the common causes of neglect your St. Louis nursing home neglect lawyer has seen include:
- Perform a criminal background check
- Perform a drug screening
- Check employment and personal references
- Validate college degree or accreditation
- Perform credit checks
- Check driving records
St. Louis Nursing Home Neglect Lawyer: How Does This Type of Neglect Happen?
Most nursing homes receive funding through the federal Medicare and Medicaid programs. The federal government has, in turn, enforced basic quality standards, such as the Nursing Home Reform Bill. This law requires nursing homes to “promote and protect the rights of each resident.”
Nursing home residents have a right to privacy and to use their own belongings where practicable. They have a right to a home-like environment and to make decisions about their own schedule and medications. Most importantly, under the law, nursing home neglect should never occur. If you feel your loved one has been subjected to neglect or poor treatment, call us at 877-51-HKLAW or contact your St. Louis nursing home neglect lawyer at HK Law right away.
St. Louis Nursing Home Neglect Lawyer: What are the Types of Neglect in Nursing Homes?
Your St. Louis nursing home neglect lawyer has unfortunately seen all types of neglect in nursing homes, including:
- Failing to administer medications when needed
- Improper medical care for existing health problems like diabetes or dementia
- Not regularly moving seniors with mobility issues, putting them at risk of bedsores
- Not reporting signs of infections or illnesses to nurses or doctors
- Accidentally isolate vulnerable residents
- Fail to provide canes, wheelchairs, or walkers to residents with mobility problems
- Forget to move residents with severe mobility or mental issues
- Failing to keep the nursing home or room at a normal temperature
- Not cleaning common areas or residents’ rooms on a regular basis
- Providing seniors unsafe or inadequate food and water
- Failing to change a resident’s clothes regularly
- Not regularly checking in on residents
- Not changing the clothing or bedding of residents who soil themselves
- Not properly bathing a resident
If your loved one is in a nursing home, you should watch for the tell-tale signs of neglect — including poor personal hygiene or a dirty living area. The loss of mobility could be considered a red flag. A respectable nursing home works to keep its residents as mobile as possible so any sudden decline in mobility is highly suspect. If anything at all looks questionable, call your nursing home neglect lawyer at HK Law at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us for a complimentary case review.
Your St. Louis Nursing Home Neglect Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote in St. Louis, MO
Halvorsen Klote is an industry leader when it comes to protecting your interests in a St. Louis-area nursing home neglect case. Nursing homes frequently choose the bottom line over protecting your loved ones. Your nursing home neglect lawyer at Halvorsen Klote finds this unacceptable. We are prepared to fight on your behalf to protect your loved one and hold the nursing home accountable. We won’t let this bottom-line thinking go unpunished. You can expect nothing less than our best.