Personal Injury Lawyer Town and Country, MO
Contact Us for a Complimentary Case Review if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in Town and Country, MO. Halvorsen Klote provides expert legal representation for clients in Town and Country, the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands the sudden and devastating consequences if you or someone you love have been injured, you can't work, and if the medical bills are piling up. It's crucial that our team provides effective representation to each and every client. Call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case evaluation.
Personal Injury Claims in Town and Country, MO
Every year, more than 97.9 million people go to the emergency room and 24.8 million go to a physician for accidents or unintentional injuries, and there are over 200,000 unintentional deaths, according to research from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Common accidents and injuries are car and truck accidents, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that lead to death. It's important for victims and their families to find legal counsel as soon as they're able to. A knowledgeable Town and Country, MO personal injury lawyer is a great resource for legal advice in the event of an accident.
Personal Injury Cases We Take on in Town and Country, MO
If you have been in a traffic-related accident in Town and Country, MO, weren't totally compensated at your job, or were not given proper care by a doctor, you might be entitled to compensation. Halvorsen Klote's attorneys have committed themselves to helping those injured by someone else in the Town and Country area. Our personal injury lawyer team has gotten great results for victims and their families.
Our Town and Country, MO personal injury lawyer firm can handle numerous different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With over 35,000 car accident fatalities pear year and millions of accidents, auto-related accidents make up 60% of personal injury cases that are heard by a jury.
- Work-Related Accidents — Company negligence can include faulty equipment, insufficient training, slip and falls, explosions, overexertion and more.
- Dog Bites — More than 4.5 million people are bitten by dogs each year nationwide. Dog bites are a serious concern for people of all ages. A dog bite can cause mental distress, disfigurement, puncture wounds and other injuries. Dog bites in Town and Country, MO fall under strict liability, meaning a dog owner is liable for their dog's actions regardless of their actions.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death lawsuits in Illinois and Missouri are eligible for a family member or spouse. There are several different damages you can be reimbursed for in a wrongful death claim, including loss of guidance and loss of consortium.
- Other Claims — Swimming pool accidents, slip and fall, bicycle accidents and other incidents may qualify for a personal injury claim in Missouri or Illinois.
Personal Injury Damages in Town and Country, MO
Depending on what state you're in, you may be able to collect a number of different damages. Both special damages and general damages take into account medical costs, pain and suffering, money lost from not being to work or lost earning capacity, and others. Halvorsen Klote also seeks out-of-pocket costs (transportation, a nanny, etc.), damage to your vehicle, and any other financial, physical or emotional damages. There's a lot of ways our firm can help.
A personal injury lawyer is often the only way to get maximum compensation after an accident. Our firm will help you get full medical care, make the insurance company be fair, and help you gather police documentation if necessary. It's important not to wait to take action after an accident, even if you have lost a family member or the financial and physical consequences of your injury are devastating. Each state stipulated its own statute of limitations, which the timeline for how quickly an injury claim must be filed.
You can learn more about personal injury law in our FAQs. It's important for us to provide a high level of professionalism to those injured by another's negligence. Accidents are now the leading cause of death for people under 35, and millions of people are hurt at work, at home or at their family's house, or in stores and many other places every year.
Town and Country, MO Personal Injury Lawyer: FAQs
You and your lawyer need to do a few things if you want to get compensation. To make a successful personal injury claim, you and your lawyer have to prove negligence, causation, fault and how the injury has affected you financially, emotionally and physically. Here are a few questions victims often ask about their situation:
- Can I afford a personal injury lawyer? You do not have to pay anything up-front to retain our services. Put simply, our Town and Country, MO personal injury lawyers are paid with a percentage of the final compensation you recover — called a contingency fee — and you only pay if there is a successful resolution to your claim.
- What should I do after an accident? It's important to go to a hospital or see your primary care physician. Medical records are very important when you're filing a claim and trying to win a settlement. Even if an injury does not seem serious, some injuries do not reveal themselves immediately, and delaying treatment could hurt your case.
- How much is my case worth? There are a lot of variables when you calculate economic and noneconomic damages. Damages can include medical treatment and rehabilitation, property damage, loss of income, pain and suffering, emotional distress, lost earning potential, and others.
- What do I need to give my lawyer? It's important to keep track of everything. Any witness testimonies, the name of the ambulance company, medical records, names, dates, phone numbers, pictures, expenses, and other material go a long way in a personal injury case. We need to be able to justify financial damages.
- What should I ask my lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Are you willing to go to trial? How much or a percentage do you charge? How much can I win? How long will the claim take to settle? Do I have a case if I'm partially at-fault? What do you think my chances of winning are? Why? You need to know as much as you can before moving forward.
Check out the other types of claims we handle in Town and Country, MO?
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are ready and willing to fight your case. A serious injury can have enduring effects, like financial hardship, losing time off work, and other pressure on your family. It's our job at HK Law to provide next-level legal representation to victims and their families. Don't wait to contact a personal injury lawyer in Town and Country, MO now for a complimentary case evaluation.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: