Personal Injury Lawyer Florissant, MO
Contact Us for a Complimentary Case Evaluation if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in Florissant, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in Florissant, the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands the sudden and devastating consequences if you or a family member have been injured, you can't work, and if an injury has put you in a tough financial situation. We take a client-centered approach and offer the same high quality legal advocacy large insurance companies have. If you'd like to discuss your claim with Halvorsen Klote to learn more, don't wait to contact us or call as at 866-382-4167 to speak to Halvorsen Klote's personal injury attorneys now.
Personal Injury Claims in Florissant, MO
Every year, more than 97.9 million people go to the emergency room and 24.8 million go to a physician for accidents or unintentional injuries, and there are over 200,000 unintentional deaths, according to research from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. This could include vehicle-related accidents, slips and falls, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that end up being fatal. It is important for survivors to consult with a personal injury lawyer as soon as they're able to. A knowledgeable Florissant, MO personal injury lawyer will know how to best proceed and seek compensation for your injuries.
Personal Injury Cases We Take on in Florissant, MO
If you were injured in a car or truck accident in Florissant, MO, weren't totally compensated at your job, or were not given proper care by a doctor, you might have a personal injury case. Halvorsen Klote's attorneys have dedicated themselves to helping personal injury victims and their families in the Florissant area. Our personal injury lawyer team has won millions for victims and their families.
Our Florissant, MO personal injury lawyer firm specializes in many different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With over 35,000 traffic-related fatalities annually and millions of accidents, auto-related accidents make up 60% of tort trials.
- Work-Related Accidents — Employer negligence can include faulty equipment, lapses in training, falls, explosions and related accidents.
- Dog Bites — More than 4.5 million people suffer from dog bites annually in the United States. Dog bites are a serious concern for adults and children. A dog bite leads to emotional distress, scarring, lacerations and other injuries. Your Florissant, MO personal injury Lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will likely pursue a strict liability claim against the dog's owner.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death lawsuits in Illinois and Missouri are eligible for the closest immediate family members. You can receive compensation for a wide range of factors in a wrongful death claim, including loss of benefits and loss of consortium.
- Other Claims — Boating accidents, medical malpractice, bicycle accidents and other incidents may mean you are entitled to compensation in Missouri or Illinois.
Personal Injury Damages in Florissant, MO
A variety of compensation is available in personal injury claims. Both special damages and general damages take into account medical costs, pain and suffering, money lost from not being to work or lost earning capacity, and inability to enjoy life. Halvorsen Klote also considers out-of-pocket costs (rental cars, home assistance, etc.), damage to your vehicle, and any other financial, physical or emotional damages. We fight until there is no money left on the table.
A personal injury lawyer is usually the only way to get fair compensation after an accident. Our firm will assist with any medical issues, negotiate with insurers, and help you gather police documentation if necessary. It's critical to be proactive after an accident, even if you have lost a family member or you are suffering financial and medical hardship. Each state has put into place its own statute of limitations, which limits how long you have to file a claim.
You can learn more about personal injury law in our FAQs. We pride ourselves on providing a high level of professionalism to injury victims and their families. Accidents are now the leading cause of death for people under 35, and millions of people are seriously injured at work, at home, or in stores and everywhere else every year.
Florissant, MO Personal Injury Lawyer: FAQs
You and your lawyer need to do a few things if you want to get compensation. To win a tort (injury) case, you and your lawyer have to prove negligence, cause in fact, fault and how the injury has affected you financially, emotionally and physically. Below are a few questions victims often ask about their situation:
- Can I afford a personal injury lawyer? You do not have to pay anything up-front to retain our services. Put simply, our Florissant, MO personal injury lawyers are paid with a percentage of any case victory — called a contingency fee — and you only pay if there is a successful resolution to your claim.
- If I'm injured, what do I need to do? It's important to go to a hospital or see your primary care physician. Medical records are very important evidence. Even if an injury seems minor, having a written document will help your case.
- How much is my case worth? There are a number of variables when you figure out the economic and noneconomic damages. Damages can include medical treatment and physical therapy, property damage, loss of income, pain and suffering, inability, lost earning potential, and others.
- What do I need to give my lawyer? It's important to keep track of everything. Pictures of the accident, witness testimonies, how much time you had to take off work, names and addresses, and other information are crucial for winning a personal injury claim. This documentation helps us justify financial damages.
- What other questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? The choice of a law firm is important, so you need to ask some questions before hiring one. For example, Do you have experience with this specific injury? Are you willing to take the case in front of a judge and jury? How much or a percentage do you charge? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement? What if I was partially responsible for the accident? What do you think my chances of winning are? Why? You need to know as much as you can before making this very important decision.
Take a look at the other types of claims we take on in Florissant, MO?
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are dedicated to helping people when they're at their most vulnerable. A catastrophic injury can have lasting consequences, like financial hardship, losing time off work, and other pressure on you and the people you love most. It's our job at HK Law to provide next-level legal representation to victims and their families. Don't wait to contact a personal injury lawyer in Florissant, MO now for a complimentary case evaluation.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: