Personal Injury Lawyer Fairview Heights, IL
Contact Us for a No-obligation Consultation if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in Fairview Heights, IL. Halvorsen Klote provides expert legal representation for the injured in Fairview Heights, the Metro St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands how difficult it is to deal with a personal injury claim if you or someone you love have been injured, you can't work, and if an injury has put you in a tough financial situation. It's crucial that our team provides the same high standard of representation that large insurance companies have. If you'd like to discuss your case with Halvorsen Klote to learn more, don't wait to contact us or call as at 866-382-4167 to speak to Halvorsen Klote's personal injury attorneys now.
Personal Injury Claims in Fairview Heights, IL
There are more than 97.9 million emergency room visits and 24.8 million physician office visits for unintentional injuries, and more than 200,000 unintentional deaths in the U.S. each year. Common accidents and injuries are car and truck accidents, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that lead to death. It's important for victims and their families to consult with a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. A talented Fairview Heights, IL personal injury lawyer is a great resource of legal advice in the event of an accident.
Personal Injury Cases We Take on in Fairview Heights, IL
If you have been in a traffic-related accident in Fairview Heights, IL, weren't totally compensated at your job, or were not given proper care by a doctor, you might be entitled to compensation. Halvorsen Klote's attorneys have committed themselves to helping those injured by someone else in the Fairview Heights area. Read what previous clients have to say about us on the testimonials page.
Our Fairview Heights, IL personal injury lawyer firm can handle numerous different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With over 35,000 traffic-related deaths annually and millions of accidents, automobile accidents make up 60% of tort trials.
- Work-Related Injuries — Employer negligence can include exposure to electricity, lapses in training, slip and falls, explosions and related accidents.
- Dog Bites — Almost 5 million people suffer from dog bites each year in the U.S.. Dog bites are dangerous for adults and children. A dog bite leads to emotional anguish, disfigurement, deep tissue issues and other injuries. Dog bites in Fairview Heights, IL fall under strict liability, which means that a dog owner is liable for what their dog does regardless of if they were negligent or not.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death lawsuits in Illinois and Missouri are eligible for the closest immediate family members. There are several different damages you can be reimbursed for in a wrongful death case, including loss of guidance and loss of consortium.
- Other Claims — Boating accidents, slip and fall, bicycle accidents and other incidents may mean you are entitled to compensation in Missouri or Illinois.
What Compensation Can I Receive for My Fairview Heights, IL Personal Injury Claim?
A variety of compensation is available in personal injury claims. Both special damages and general damages take into account medical bills, pain and suffering, lost wages or losing the ability to work, and others. Halvorsen Klote also makes claims for out-of-pocket expenses (transportation to and from medical appointments, childcare, etc.), property damage, and any other financial, physical or emotional damages. We fight until you receive every penny owed to you.
If you want to get a full financial recovery after an injury, you need to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will assist with any medical issues, make the insurance company be fair, and help you gather police documentation if necessary. It's important not to wait to take action after an accident, even if it's a wrongful death case or the financial and physical consequences of your injury are devastating. Each state has put into place its own statute of limitations, which limits how long you have to file a claim.
You can learn more about personal injury law in our FAQs. It's important for us to provide a high level of legal representation to injury victims and their families. Accidents are now the leading cause of death for people under 35, and millions of people are seriously injured on the job, at home or at their family's house, or in stores and many other places every year.
Fairview Heights, IL Personal Injury Lawyer: Frequently Asked Questions
To get fairly compensated, you're (with the help of an attorney) going to need to accomplish several things. To make a successful personal injury claim, you're going to have to prove how the other party caused your injuries, cause in fact, fault and financial, emotional and physical losses. Here are a few questions victims often ask about their situation:
- How much does a personal injury lawyer cost? Halvorsen Klote does not charge any up-front fees. Put simply, our Fairview Heights, IL personal injury lawyers take a portion of the final compensation you recover — called a contingency fee — and you don't pay unless we win.
- If I'm injured, what do I need to do? The first step is to get medical assistance. Medical records are very important if you are filing a claim and trying to get reimbursed. Even if you do not have serious symptoms, having a written document will help your case.
- How much is my case worth? How much money you receive will depend on your injuries impacted your life. Damages may include things like lost earning potential, pain and suffering, medical bills, loss of consortium, loss of ability to enjoy life, and others.
- What information do I need to give my attorney? The more information the better. Pictures of the accident, witness testimonies, how much time you had to take off work, names and addresses, and other information are crucial for winning a personal injury claim. This documentation helps us justify financial damages.
- What other questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? The choice of a law firm is important, so you need to ask some questions before hiring one. For example, Do you have experience with this specific injury? Do you go to trial? How much or a percentage do you charge? What is the monetary value of my claim? How long will the claim take to settle? Do I have a case if I'm partially at-fault? What do you think my chances of winning are? Why? You need to know as much as you can before making this very important decision.
Check out the other types of cases we handle in Fairview Heights, IL?
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are ready and willing to fight your case. A catastrophic injury can have persisting effects, like financial losses, losing time off work, and other hardships for you and the people you love most. It's our job at HK Law to provide next-level legal representation to victims and their families. Don't wait to contact a personal injury lawyer in Fairview Heights, IL now for a complimentary consultation.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: