Personal Injury Lawyer Shrewsbury, MO
Contact Us for a Free Case Review if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in Shrewsbury, MO. Halvorsen Klote provides expert legal representation for those injured through no fault of their own in Shrewsbury, the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands how difficult it is to deal with a personal injury claim if you or a loved one have been injured, you can't work, and if an injury has put a strain on your finances. We take a client-centered approach and offer the same high quality legal advocacy large insurance companies have. If you'd like to go over your case with Halvorsen Klote to learn more, don't wait to contact us or call as at 866-382-4167 to speak to Halvorsen Klote's personal injury attorneys now.
Personal Injury Claims in Shrewsbury, MO
Every year, more than 97.9 million people go to the emergency room and 24.8 million go to a physician for accidents or unintentional injuries, and there are over 200,000 accidental deaths, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Common accidents and injuries are car and truck accidents, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that lead to death. It is important for survivors to consult with a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. An experienced Shrewsbury, MO personal injury lawyer is a great resource of legal advice in the event of an accident.
Common Personal Injury Claims in Shrewsbury, MO
If you have been in a traffic-related accident in Shrewsbury, MO, sustained an overuse injury at work, or slipped and fell at the store, you might be eligible compensation. Halvorsen Klote's attorneys have dedicated their careers to helping personal injury victims and their families in the Shrewsbury area. Our personal injury lawyer team has won millions for victims and their families.
Our Shrewsbury, MO personal injury lawyer firm has experience with many different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With over 35,000 car accident fatalities pear year and over 6 million accidents, automobile accidents make up 60% of tort trials.
- Work-Related Injuries — Employment injuries can include faulty equipment, lapses in training, falls, fires, overexertion and more.
- Dog Bites — Almost 5 million people are bitten by dogs each year nationwide. Dog bites are a serious concern for people of all ages. A dog bite can cause emotional anguish, scarring, deep tissue issues and other injuries. Dog bites in Shrewsbury, MO fall under strict liability, which means that a dog owner is liable for what their dog does regardless of their actions.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death lawsuits in Illinois and Missouri are usually filed by the closest immediate family members. You are eligible for compensation for numerous factors in a wrongful death case, including loss of support and funeral expenses.
- Other Claims — Swimming pool accidents, medical malpractice, nursing home abuse and other bodily injuries may mean you are entitled to compensation in Missouri or Illinois.
Personal Injury Damages in Shrewsbury, MO
A variety of compensation is available in personal injury claims. Both special damages and general damages factor in medical costs, pain and suffering, lost wages or lost earning capacity, and inability to enjoy life. Halvorsen Klote also seeks out-of-pocket expenses (rental cars, a nanny, etc.), damage to your vehicle, and any other financial, physical or emotional damages. We fight until there is no money left on the table.
If you want to get a full financial recovery after an injury, you need to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will help you get full medical care, make the insurance company be fair, and gather the evidence necessary to prove your claim. It's important not to wait to take action after an accident, even if it's a wrongful death case or you are suffering financial and medical hardship. Each state stipulated its own statute of limitations, which limits how long you have to file a claim.
Find out more about your rights and the claims process with our FAQs. It's important for us to provide a high level of legal representation to injury victims and their families. Accidents are now the 5th leading cause of death, and hundreds of thousands of people are hurt on the job, at home or at their friend's house, or in stores and everywhere else every year.
Shrewsbury, MO Personal Injury Lawyer: FAQs
To get fairly compensated, you're (with the help of an attorney) going to need to accomplish a few things. To win a tort (injury) case, you and your lawyer have to prove negligence, cause in fact, fault and how the injury has affected you financially, emotionally and physically. Here are a few questions to ask a personal injury lawyer before you hire them:
- Can I afford a personal injury lawyer? Usually, there aren't any up-front fees. Put simply, our Shrewsbury, MO personal injury lawyers take a portion of any case victory — called a contingency fee — and you only pay if there is a successful resolution to your claim.
- What should I do after an accident? The first step is to get medical assistance. Medical records are very important evidence. Even if an injury does not seem serious, some injuries do not reveal themselves immediately, and delaying treatment could hurt your case.
- How much is my case worth? There are a lot of factors to consider when you figure out the special and general damages. Damages may include things like lost income potential, pain and suffering, medical bills, loss of consortium, emotional distress, and others.
- What do I need to give my lawyer? It's important to keep track of everything. Pictures of the accident, witness testimonies, how much time you had to take off work, names and addresses, and other information are crucial for winning a personal injury claim. This documentation helps us justify financial damages.
- What other questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? There's a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Are you willing to take the case in front of a judge and jury? What's your fee? How much can I win? How long will the claim take to settle? Do I have a case if I'm partially at-fault? Do you believe in the merits of my claim? Why? Again, the more information the better.
Take a look at the other types of claims we take on in Shrewsbury, MO?
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Contact A Personal Injury Lawyer in Shrewsbury, MO Now
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are dedicated to helping people when they're at their most vulnerable. A serious injury can have enduring effects, like financial hardship, losing time off work, and other hardships for you and the people you love most. It's our job at HK Law to provide the same standard of high-quality legal advocacy insurance companies have to victims and their families. Don't wait to contact a personal injury lawyer in Shrewsbury, MO now for a free consultation.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: