Personal Injury Lawyers in Hannibal, MO
Contact us now For Legal Support
Personal Injury Lawyer in Hannibal, MO. Our firm serves injury victims and their families in the Metro St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. We understand how difficult it can be to deal with a personal injury claim if someone is hurt, if you are unable to work, and you're dealing with other financial issues at the same time. It is for our team that each and every client gets the best representation we can offer. If you'd like to discuss your case or claim with Halvorsen Klote to learn more, don't hesitate to call us to speak to Halvorsen Klote's Hannibal, MO, personal injury attorneys today.
You shouldn't have to pay out-of-pocket for your medical bills, vehicle repairs, or other costs related to an accident caused by another's recklessness. If you were injured in a motor vehicle accident, work place accident, or because of an employer's careless actions, and may be struggling with financial, physical, or emotional damages as a result, our firm is here to help. Call our experienced Injury Lawyers in Hannibal, MO, to discuss the details of your situation. Halvorsen Klote has helped a lot of injury victims throughout Missouri and Illinois. View our testimonials here.
Personal Injury Claims in Hannibal, MO
There are more than 40 million serious injuries each year in the U.S. and more than 150,000 unintentional fatalities. This could include vehicle-related accidents, slips and falls, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that end up being fatal. It is important for victims and their families to find legal representation as soon as possible. An experienced Hannibal personal injury lawyer is a great resource of legal advice in the event of an accident.
Common Injury Claims
From car accidents and falls to repetitive trauma, there are a number of ways to be injured. Our firm is dedicated to helping victims recover damages. Our Hannibal, MO, personal injury lawyers take on a variety of cases. This includes the following:
- Vehicle Accidents: Fatalities are high in major car and truck crashes. Leading causes include DUIs, road construction, distracted driving, and speeding.
- Medical Malpractice: Many lawsuits near Hannibal, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient can be misdiagnosed, equipment may fail, or there is an error during surgery.
- Work Accidents: Company negligence can include unsafe work environments, faulty equipment, poor training, fires, explosions, and other incidents that can happen on the job.
- Criminal Behavior: If a criminal act leads to a death, you might have a wrongful death case. It is crucial to reach out to a wrongful death lawyer in Hannibal, MO, today if you've lost a family member due to criminal activity.
Reimbursement is dependent upon the state you are in. If you're wanting to recover reimbursement for your loss, HK Law will look into medical expenses, loss of opportunity, any other financial factors. The HK Law team manages a variety of cases and claims. This includes:
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
- Accident Lawyer
- Truck Accident Attorneys
- Bodily Injury Lawyer
- Auto Accident Lawyer
Don't hesitate to reach out to our firm now if you have any questions.
What to Do After a Hannibal, MO Accident
Your life can change dramatically after an injury. At our firm, we offer solutions to your problems. Whether you were in a car accident or were misdiagnosed, it's important that you get the legal representation you deserve. Contact our support team today for a free case review or consultation.
What to Do After a Personal Injury Accident?
A lot of injury accidents involve speeding, driving while intoxicated, young or old drivers, and commercial vehicles. These sorts of accidents can lead to scars and burns, spinal injuries, whiplash, contusions, PTSD, and others. Having stacks of medical bills and not being able to work due to an injury can be stressful for families and victims.
If you want to get the most compensation possible after an injury, it's crucial to reach out to our Hannibal, MO, personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will assist victims with any medical issues, negotiate with insurance companies, and assist you in gathering police documentation if necessary. It's important to be proactive after an accident, especially if you're struggling financially or are recovering.
You can learn more about personal injury law in our FAQs. It is important to our firm that we provide a high level of professionalism and legal representation to injury victims and their families. Accidental injuries are now the 3rd leading cause of death, and hundreds of thousands of people are seriously injured while driving, at work, at home, and any everywhere else every year.
Winning a Personal Injury Claim
There's a couple of things that need to get done if you want to win an injury case. To win a tort (injury) case, you're going to have to prove negligence, causation, fault, and financial damages. Here are a few questions victims often ask about their situation:
- How much does a lawyer cost? Usually, there are no up-front fees. Simply put, our Hannibal, MO, personal injury lawyers work on contingency which means that you only pay a percentage of a case if you win.
- What should I do after an accident? The first step is to get medical assistance. Medical records are very important if you are filing a claim and hoping to get reimbursed. Even if an injury seems minor, having a written document will help your case.
- How much is my case worth? There are a lot of variables when you calculate special and general damages. Damages may include medical treatment and rehabilitation, property loss, loss of income, pain and suffering, emotional distress, lost earning potential, and others.
- What do I need to give my lawyer? The more information the better. Pictures of the accident, witness testimonies, how much time you had to take off work, names and addresses, and other information are crucial for winning a personal injury claim. We need to be able to justify financial damages.
- What should I ask my lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? How much experience do you have in the courtroom? What's your fee? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement? Do I have a case if I'm partially at-fault? Again, the more information the better.
Halvorsen Klote's Hannibal, MO, personal injury lawyers are here to help and are prepared to answer questions you might have about your case and the legal process.
Learn more about our firm and how we can help.
Contact our Hannibal, MO, Personal Injury Lawyers Today
If you or a family member have been injured, Halvorsen Klote can help from start to finish. We negotiate with insurers, will gather evidence, and take your claim to trial if needed. Everyone deserves a fair shot to get reimbursement for an injury, and our personal injury lawyers in Hannibal, MO, provide clients with experienced legal representation. Contact our firm now or call 877-51-HKLAW for more information about Halvorsen Klote and our services.