Personal Injury Lawyer Eldon, MO
Call for a Complimentary Consultation if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in Eldon, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents those injured through another's negligence in Eldon, the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands the sudden and devastating consequences if you or a family member have been injured, your injuries are keeping away from work, and if the medical bills are piling up. It's crucial that our team provides effective representation to each and every client. Call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case evaluation.
Personal Injury Claims in Eldon, MO
Every year, more than 97.9 million people go to the emergency room and 24.8 million go to a physician for accidents or unintentional injuries, and there are over 200,000 accidental deaths, according to research from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. This could include traffic-related accidents, slips and falls, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that end up being fatal. It's important for survivors to get legal representation as soon as possible. An experienced Eldon, MO personal injury lawyer will know how to best proceed and seek compensation for your injuries.
Personal Injury Cases We Take on in Eldon, MO
If you have been in a car or truck accident in Eldon, MO, were hurt on the job, or slipped and fell at the store, you might have a personal injury case. It is our goal at Halvorsen Klote to help personal injury victims and their families in the Eldon area. Our personal injury lawyer team has gotten great results for victims and their families.
Our Eldon, MO personal injury lawyer firm can handle many different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With more than 35,000 auto accident deaths pear year and over 6 million accidents, automobile accidents are by far the most common personal injury claim.
- Work-Related Accidents — Employment injuries can include being struck by an object, insufficient training, slip and falls, fires and related accidents.
- Dog Bites — More than 4.5 million people are bitten by dogs annually nationwide. Dog bites are dangerous for people of all ages. A dog bite can cause emotional trauma, scarring, gashes and other injuries. Your Eldon, MO personal injury Lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will likely pursue a strict liability claim against the dog's owner.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death claims in Illinois and Missouri are eligible for a family member or spouse. There are several different damages you can be reimbursed for in a wrongful death lawsuit, including loss of guidance and funeral expenses.
- Other Claims — Boating accidents, medical malpractice, pedestrian accidents and other incidents may mean you are entitled to compensation in Missouri or Illinois.
What Damages Can I Receive for My Eldon, MO Personal Injury Claim?
Depending on what state you're in, you may be able to collect a number of different damages. Both special damages and general damages take into account medical costs, pain and suffering, lost wages or losing the ability to work, and others. Halvorsen Klote also considers out-of-pocket costs (transportation to and from medical appointments, a nanny, etc.), damage to your vehicle, and any other financial, physical or emotional damages. There's a lot of ways our firm can help.
If you want to get a full financial recovery after an injury, you need to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will help you get full medical care, negotiate with insurers, and gather the evidence necessary to demonstrate negligence by the liable party. It's critical to be proactive after an accident, even if it's a wrongful death case or you are suffering financial and medical hardship. Each state has put into place its own statute of limitations, which limits how long you have to file a claim.
You can learn more about personal injury law in our FAQs. We pride ourselves on providing a high level of professionalism to those injured by another's negligence. Accidents are now the 5th leading cause of death, and hundreds of thousands of people are seriously injured on the job, on private property, or in restaurants and everywhere else every year.
Eldon, MO Personal Injury Lawyer: Frequently Asked Questions
To get fairly compensated, you're (with the help of an attorney) going to need to accomplish a few things. To make a successful personal injury claim, you're going to have to prove how the other party caused your injuries, causation, fault and financial damages. Below are a few questions victims often ask about their situation:
- How much does it cost to hire a lawyer? You do not have to pay anything up-front to retain our services. Put simply, our Eldon, MO personal injury lawyers are paid with a percentage of any case victory — called a contingency fee — and you don't pay unless we win.
- If I'm injured, what do I need to do? It's important to go to a hospital or see your primary care physician. Medical records are extremely important if you are filing a claim and trying to win a settlement. Even if an injury seems minor, having a written document will help your case.
- How much is my case worth? How much money you receive will depend on your injuries impacted your life. Damages may include medical treatment and physical therapy, property damage, loss of income, pain and suffering, inability, lost earning potential, and others.
- What do I need to give my lawyer? The more information the better. Any witness testimonies, the name of the ambulance company, medical records, names, dates, phone numbers, pictures, expenses, and other material go a long way in a personal injury case. This documentation helps us justify financial damages.
- What should I ask my lawyer? The choice of a law firm is important, so you need to ask some questions before hiring one. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Are you willing to take the case in front of a judge and jury? What's your fee? How much can I win? How long will the claim take to settle? Do I have a case if I'm partially at-fault? Do you believe in the merits of my claim? Why? Again, the more information the better.
Check out the other types of cases we take on in Eldon, MO?
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Contact A Personal Injury Lawyer in Eldon, MO Now
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are ready and willing to fight your case. A catastrophic injury can have lasting effects, like financial losses, not being able to hold down a job, and other hardships for you and the people you love most. It's our job at HK Law to provide next-level legal representation to victims and their families. Don't hesitate to contact a personal injury lawyer in Eldon, MO now for a free case evaluation.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: