Personal Injury Lawyer Des Peres, MO
Contact Us for a Free Case Review if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in Des Peres, MO. Halvorsen Klote provides expert legal representation for those injured through another's negligence in Des Peres, the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands how difficult it is to deal with a personal injury claim if you or a loved one have been injured, your injuries are keeping away from work, and if the medical bills are piling up. We take a client-centered approach and offer the same high quality legal advocacy large insurance companies have. If you'd like to discuss your case with Halvorsen Klote to understand your options, don't hesitate to contact us or call as at 866-382-4167 to speak to Halvorsen Klote's personal injury attorneys now.
Personal Injury Claims in Des Peres, MO
Every year, more than 97.9 million people go to the emergency room and 24.8 million go to a physician for accidents or unintentional injuries, and there are over 200,000 accidental deaths, according to research from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. This could include traffic-related accidents, slips and falls, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that end up being fatal. It's important for victims and their families to consult with a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. A talented Des Peres, MO personal injury lawyer will know how to best proceed and seek a financial recovery for your injuries.
Common Personal Injury Claims in Des Peres, MO
If you have been in a motor vehicle accident in Des Peres, MO, were hurt on the job, or were not given proper care by a doctor, you might be entitled to compensation. It is our goal at Halvorsen Klote to help those injured by someone else in the Des Peres area. Read what previous clients have to say about us on the testimonials page.
Our Des Peres, MO personal injury lawyer firm can handle many different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With over 35,000 auto crash fatalities pear year and millions of accidents, automobile accidents make up 60% of injury claims that go to trial.
- Work-Related Accidents — Employment injuries can include being struck by an object, poor training, slip and falls, explosions and related accidents.
- Dog Bites — More than 4.5 million people suffer from dog bites annually nationwide. Dog bites are a serious concern for people of all ages. A dog bite leads to mental anguish, disfigurement, gashes and other injuries. Dog bites in Des Peres, MO fall under strict liability, meaning a dog owner is liable for their dog's actions regardless of if they were negligent or not.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death lawsuits in Illinois and Missouri are eligible for the closest immediate family members. There are several different damages you can be reimbursed for in a wrongful death lawsuit, including loss of benefits and loss of consortium.
- Other Claims — ATV accidents, slip and fall, nursing home abuse and other incidents may qualify for a personal injury claim in Missouri or Illinois.
What Compensation Can I Receive for My Des Peres, MO Personal Injury Claim?
Depending on what state you're in, you may be able to collect a number of different damages. Both special damages and general damages factor in medical expenses, pain and suffering, money lost from not being to work or lost earning capacity, and others. Halvorsen Klote also fights for out-of-pocket expenses (transportation, a nanny, etc.), damage to your vehicle, and any other financial damages. We fight until you receive every penny owed to you.
A personal injury lawyer is often the only way to get maximum compensation after an accident. Our firm will help you get full medical care, negotiate with insurers, and help you gather police documentation if necessary. It's important to be proactive after an accident, even if it's a wrongful death case or you are suffering financial and medical hardship. Each state has put into place its own statute of limitations, which the timeline for how quickly an injury claim must be filed.
You can learn more about personal injury law in our FAQs. It's important for us to provide a high level of legal representation to injury victims and their families. Accidental injuries are now the leading cause of death for people under 35, and millions of people are seriously injured at work, on private property, or in stores and everywhere else every year.
Des Peres, MO Personal Injury Lawyer: FAQs
You and your lawyer need to do a few things if you want to get compensation. To make a successful personal injury claim, you and your lawyer have to prove negligence, causation, fault and financial, emotional and physical losses. Below are a few questions to ask a personal injury lawyer before you hire them:
- Can I afford a personal injury lawyer? You do not have to pay anything up-front to retain our services. Put simply, our Des Peres, MO personal injury lawyers are paid with a portion of any case victory — called a contingency fee — and you don't pay unless we win.
- If I'm injured, what do I need to do? It's important to go to a hospital or see your primary care physician. Medical records are extremely important if you are filing a claim and trying to get reimbursed. Even if you do not have serious symptoms, some injuries do not reveal themselves immediately, and delaying treatment could hurt your case.
- How much can I win after an accident? There are a lot of variables when you figure out the economic and noneconomic damages. Damages can include things like lost earning potential, pain and suffering, medical expenses, loss of consortium, loss of ability to enjoy life, and others.
- What information do I need to give my attorney? The more information the better. Pictures of the accident, witness testimonies, how much time you had to take off work, names and addresses, and other information are crucial for winning a personal injury claim. This documentation helps us justify financial damages.
- What other questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? The choice of a law firm is important, so you need to ask some questions before hiring one. For example, Do you have experience with this specific injury? Do you go to trial? What's your fee? How much can I win? How long will the claim take to settle? Do I have a case if I'm partially at-fault? What do you think my chances of winning are? Why? Again, the more information the better.
Take a look at the other types of cases we take on in Des Peres, MO?
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Des Peres, MO Personal Injury Lawyer
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are ready and willing to fight your case. A serious injury can have persisting consequences, like financial losses, not being able to hold down a job, and other pressure on your family. It's our job at HK Law to provide next-level legal representation to victims and their families. Don't wait to contact a personal injury lawyer in Des Peres, MO now for a free case evaluation.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: