Personal Injury Lawyer Affton, MO
Call for a Free Case Evaluation if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in Affton, MO. Halvorsen Klote provides expert legal representation for clients in Affton, the Metro St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands how difficult it is to deal with a personal injury claim if you or a loved one have been injured, you can't work, and if the medical bills are piling up. It's crucial that our team provides the same high standard of representation that large insurance companies have. If you'd like to discuss your case with Halvorsen Klote to understand your options, don't hesitate to contact us or call as at 866-382-4167 to speak to Halvorsen Klote's personal injury attorneys now.
Personal Injury Claims in Affton, MO
There are over 97.9 million urgent care visits and 24.8 million physician office visits for unintentional injuries, and more than 200,000 unintentional deaths in the U.S. each year. This could include traffic-related accidents, slips and falls, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that end up being fatal. It's important for survivors to consult with a personal injury lawyer as soon as they're able to. An experienced Affton, MO personal injury lawyer is a great resource of legal advice in the event of an accident.
Common Personal Injury Claims in Affton, MO
If you have been in a traffic-related accident in Affton, MO, were hurt on the job, or were not given proper care by a doctor, you might have a personal injury case. Halvorsen Klote's attorneys have committed their careers to helping those injured through no fault of their own in the Affton area. Our personal injury lawyer team has gotten great results for victims and their families.
Our Affton, MO personal injury lawyer firm specializes in a number of different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With over 35,000 car accident fatalities pear year and over 6 million accidents, auto-related accidents are by far the most common personal injury claim.
- Work-Related Accidents — Employment injuries can include exposure to electricity, lapses in training, falls, explosions, overexertion and more.
- Dog Bites — Almost 5 million people suffer from dog bites each year nationwide. Dog bites are dangerous for adults and children. A dog bite can cause mental distress, disfigurement, lacerations and other injuries. Your Affton, MO personal injury Lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will likely pursue a strict liability claim against the person controlling the dog.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death suits in Illinois and Missouri are eligible for the closest immediate family members. You are eligible for compensation for a wide range of factors in a wrongful death claim, including loss of benefits and funeral expenses.
- Other Claims — Swimming pool accidents, medical malpractice, pedestrian accidents and other bodily injuries may qualify for a personal injury claim in Missouri or Illinois.
What Compensation Can I Receive for My Affton, MO Personal Injury Claim?
A variety of compensation is available in personal injury claims. Both special damages and general damages factor in medical expenses, pain and suffering, money lost from not being to work or lost earning capacity, and inability to enjoy life. Halvorsen Klote also makes claims for out-of-pocket expenses (transportation to and from medical appointments, a nanny, etc.), damage to your vehicle, and any other financial, physical or emotional damages. We fight until you receive every penny owed to you.
If you want to get a full financial recovery after an injury, it's crucial to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will assist with any medical issues, make the insurance company be fair, and gather the evidence necessary to demonstrate negligence by the liable party. It's critical not to wait to take action after an accident, even if you have lost a family member or you are suffering financial and medical hardship. Each state stipulated its own statute of limitations, which limits how long you have to file a claim.
You can learn more about personal injury law in our FAQs. We pride ourselves on providing a high level of legal representation to those injured through no fault of their own. Accidents are now the 5th leading cause of death, and millions of people are seriously injured on the job, at home or at their family's house, or in stores and many other places every year.
Affton, MO Personal Injury Lawyer: Frequently Asked Questions
To get fairly compensated, you're (with the help of an attorney) going to need to accomplish several things. To win a tort (injury) case, you and your lawyer have to prove negligence, causation, fault and how the injury has affected you financially, emotionally and physically. Below are a few questions you might ask about your claim:
- How much does it cost to hire a lawyer? Our attorneys do not charge any up-front fees. Put simply, our Affton, MO personal injury lawyers are paid with a portion of the final compensation you recover — called a contingency fee — and you don't pay unless we win.
- If I'm injured, what do I need to do? The first step is to get medical assistance. Medical records are very important when you're filing a claim and trying to win a settlement. Even if an injury does not seem serious, some injuries do not reveal themselves immediately, and delaying treatment could hurt your case.
- How much can I win after an accident? There are a lot of factors to consider when you calculate economic and noneconomic damages. Damages can include things like lost earning potential, pain and suffering, medical expenses, loss of consortium, emotional distress, and others.
- What do I need to give my lawyer? The more information the better. Any witness testimonies, the name of the ambulance company, medical records, names, dates, phone numbers, pictures, expenses, and other material go a long way in a personal injury case. We need to be able to justify financial damages.
- What should I ask my lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Do you have experience with this specific accident claim? Are you willing to take the case in front of a judge and jury? What's your fee? How much can I win? How long will the claim take to settle? Do I have a case if I'm partially at-fault? What do you think my chances of winning are? Why? You need to know as much as you can before making this very important decision.
Take a look at the other types of cases we handle in Affton, MO?
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Affton, MO Personal Injury Lawyer
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are dedicated to helping those who need it most. A serious injury can have long-lasting effects, like financial losses, losing time off work, and other hardships for you and the people you love most. It's our job at HK Law to provide next-level legal representation to victims and their families. Don't wait to contact a personal injury lawyer in Affton, MO now for a free case review.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: