Personal Injury Lawyer Ste Genevieve, MO
Contact Us for a No-obligation Case Evaluation if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in Ste Genevieve, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents the injured in Ste Genevieve, the Metro St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands the sudden and devastating consequences if you or someone you love have been injured, you're losing wages from not being able to work, and if the medical bills are piling up. It's crucial that our team provides effective representation to each and every client. If you'd like to go over your case with Halvorsen Klote to learn more, don't wait to contact us or call as at 866-382-4167 to speak to Halvorsen Klote's personal injury attorneys now.
Personal Injury Claims in Ste Genevieve, MO
Every year, more than 97.9 million people go to the emergency room and 24.8 million go to a physician for accidents or unintentional injuries, and there are over 200,000 unintentional deaths, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Common accidents and injuries are car and truck accidents, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that lead to death. It's important for victims and their families to find legal counsel as soon as possible. A knowledgeable Ste Genevieve, MO personal injury lawyer is a great resource of legal advice in the event of an accident.
Common Personal Injury Claims in Ste Genevieve, MO
If you have been in a motor vehicle accident in Ste Genevieve, MO, weren't totally compensated at your job, or were bitten by a neighbor's dog, you might have a personal injury case. Halvorsen Klote's attorneys have devoted themselves to helping personal injury victims and their families in the Ste Genevieve area. Our personal injury lawyer team has won millions for victims and their families.
Our Ste Genevieve, MO personal injury lawyer firm can handle many different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With more than 35,000 traffic-related deaths annually and over 6 million accidents, automobile accidents make up 60% of injury claims that go to trial.
- Work-Related Accidents — Employer negligence can include faulty equipment, poor training, falls, fires, overexertion and more.
- Dog Bites — More than 4.5 million people suffer from dog bites annually nationwide. Dog bites are a serious concern for people of all ages. A dog bite leads to mental distress, disfigurement, deep tissue issues and other injuries. Dog bites in Ste Genevieve, MO fall under strict liability, meaning a dog owner is responsible for their dog's actions regardless of if they were negligent or not.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death cases in Illinois and Missouri are usually filed by a family member or spouse. You can receive compensation for a wide range of factors in a wrongful death claim, including loss of support and lost earnings.
- Other Claims — Swimming pool accidents, slip and fall, pedestrian accidents and other incidents may mean you are entitled to compensation in Missouri or Illinois.
What Compensation Can I Receive for My Ste Genevieve, MO Personal Injury Claim?
A variety of compensation is available in personal injury claims. Both special damages and general damages take into account medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages or losing the ability to work, and inability to enjoy life. Halvorsen Klote also fights for out-of-pocket expenses (transportation, childcare, etc.), damage to your vehicle, and any other financial, physical or emotional damages. There's a lot of ways our firm can help.
If you want to get a full financial recovery after an injury, you need to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will assist with any medical issues, negotiate with insurers, and help you gather police documentation if necessary. It's critical to be proactive after an accident, even if you have lost a family member or the financial and physical consequences of your injury are devastating. Each state has its own statute of limitations, which limits how long you have to file a claim.
You can learn more about personal injury law in our FAQs. We pride ourselves on providing a high level of professionalism to those injured by another's negligence. Accidents are now the leading cause of death for people under 35, and millions of people are seriously injured at work, at home or at their neighbor's house, or in vehicles and many other places every year.
Ste Genevieve, MO Personal Injury Lawyer: FAQs
To get fairly compensated, you're (with the help of an attorney) going to need to accomplish a few things. To make a successful personal injury claim, you're going to have to prove negligence, causation, fault and how the injury has affected you financially, emotionally and physically. Below are a few questions you might ask about your claim:
- Can I afford a personal injury lawyer? Halvorsen Klote does not charge any up-front fees. Put simply, our Ste Genevieve, MO personal injury lawyers take a portion of any case victory — called a contingency fee — and you only pay if there is a successful resolution to your claim.
- What should I do after an accident? It's important to go to a hospital or see your primary care physician. Medical records are very important evidence. Even if you do not have serious symptoms, some injuries do not reveal themselves immediately, and delaying treatment could hurt your case.
- How much is my case worth? How much money you receive will depend on your injuries impacted your life. Damages may include things like lost income potential, pain and suffering, medical expenses, loss of consortium, emotional distress, and others.
- What information do I need to give my attorney? The more information the better. Any witness testimonies, the name of the ambulance company, medical records, names, dates, phone numbers, pictures, expenses, and other material go a long way in a personal injury case. We need to be able to justify financial damages.
- What other questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? There's a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? How much experience do you have in the courtroom? What's your fee? What is the monetary value of my claim? How long will the claim take to settle? Do I have a case if I'm partially at-fault? What do you think my chances of winning are? Why? Again, the more information the better.
Take a look at the other types of cases we take on in Ste Genevieve, MO?
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Contact A Personal Injury Lawyer in Ste Genevieve, MO Now
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are dedicated to helping those who need it most. A catastrophic injury can have persisting effects, like financial hardship, losing time off work, and other hardships for you and the people you love most. It's our job at HK Law to provide next-level legal representation to victims and their families. Don't hesitate to contact a personal injury lawyer in Ste Genevieve, MO now for a no-risk, no-obligation case evaluation.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: