Personal Injury Lawyer Washington, MO
Contact Us for a Complimentary Case Evaluation if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in Washington, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents those injured through another's negligence in Washington, the Metro St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands how difficult it is to deal with a personal injury claim if you or a loved one have been injured, you're losing wages from not being able to work, and if the medical bills are piling up. We take a client-centered approach and offer the same high quality legal advocacy large insurance companies have. If you'd like to go over your case with Halvorsen Klote to learn more, don't wait to contact us or call as at 866-382-4167 to speak to Halvorsen Klote's personal injury attorneys now.
Personal Injury Claims in Washington, MO
Every year, more than 97.9 million people go to the emergency room and 24.8 million go to a physician for accidents or unintentional injuries, and there are over 200,000 unintentional deaths, according to research from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. This could include traffic-related accidents, slips and falls, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that end up being fatal. It is important for survivors to seek out legal counsel without delay. A dedicated Washington, MO personal injury lawyer will know how to best proceed and seek a financial recovery for your injuries.
Personal Injury Cases We Take on in Washington, MO
If you were injured in a traffic-related accident in Washington, MO, weren't totally compensated at your job, or were not given proper care by a doctor, you might be entitled to compensation. Halvorsen Klote's attorneys have dedicated their practice to helping personal injury victims and their families in the Washington area. Learn more about Halvorsen Klote's history and success on the testimonials page.
Our Washington, MO personal injury lawyer firm specializes in a number of different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With over 35,000 auto accident deaths annually and hundreds of thousands of accidents, automobile accidents make up 60% of injury claims that go to trial.
- Work-Related Injuries — Company negligence can include being struck by an object, poor training, falls, fires, overexertion and more.
- Dog Bites — Almost 5 million people are bitten by dogs each year nationwide. Dog bites are dangerous for adults and children. A dog bite can cause emotional distress, disfigurement, puncture wounds and other injuries. Your Washington, MO personal injury Lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will likely pursue a strict liability claim against the person controlling the dog.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death suits in Illinois and Missouri are usually filed by a family member or spouse. You can receive compensation for numerous factors in a wrongful death lawsuit, including loss of guidance and lost earnings.
- Other Claims — Boating accidents, slip and fall, nursing home abuse and other bodily injuries may qualify for a personal injury claim in Missouri or Illinois.
Personal Injury Damages in Washington, MO
Depending on what state you're in, you may be able to collect a number of different damages. Both special damages and general damages take into account medical bills, pain and suffering, lost wages or losing the ability to work, and others. Halvorsen Klote also considers out-of-pocket costs (transportation to and from medical appointments, a nanny, etc.), property damage, and any other financial, physical or emotional damages. There's a lot of ways our firm can help.
If you want to get a full financial recovery after an injury, it's crucial to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will help you get full medical care, negotiate with insurers, and gather the evidence necessary to prove your claim. It's critical not to wait to take action after an accident, even if you are grieving a lost loved one or the financial and physical consequences of your injury are devastating. Each state stipulated its own statute of limitations, which the timeline for how quickly an injury claim must be filed.
You can learn more about personal injury law in our FAQs. We pride ourselves on providing a high level of professionalism to those injured through no fault of their own. Accidents are now the 5th leading cause of death, and millions of people are seriously injured on the job, at home, or in cars and everywhere else every year.
Washington, MO Personal Injury Lawyer: Frequently Asked Questions
To get fairly compensated, you're (with the help of an attorney) going to need to accomplish several things. To win a tort (injury) case, you're going to have to prove negligence, cause in fact, fault and financial, emotional and physical losses. Here are a few questions victims often ask about their situation:
- Can I afford a personal injury lawyer? Usually, there aren't any up-front fees. Put simply, our Washington, MO personal injury lawyers take a percentage of the final compensation you recover — called a contingency fee — and you only pay if there is a successful resolution to your claim.
- If I'm injured, what do I need to do? The first step is to get medical assistance. Medical records are extremely important evidence. Even if you do not have serious symptoms, having a written document will help your case.
- How much is my case worth? How much money you receive will depend on your injuries impacted your life. Damages may include things like lost income potential, pain and suffering, medical expenses, loss of consortium, loss of ability to enjoy life, and others.
- What information do I need to give my attorney? It's important to keep track of everything. Any witness testimonies, the name of the ambulance company, medical records, names, dates, phone numbers, pictures, expenses, and other material go a long way in a personal injury case. We need to be able to justify financial damages.
- What other questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? How much experience do you have in the courtroom? What's your fee? What is the monetary value of my claim? How long will the claim take to settle? What if I was partially at-fault? Do you believe in the merits of my claim? Why? You need to know as much as you can before moving forward.
Take a look at the other types of cases we handle in Washington, MO?
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Washington, MO Personal Injury Lawyer
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are dedicated to helping those who need it most. A serious injury can have long-lasting consequences, like financial losses, losing time off work, and other hardships for you and the people you love most. It's our job at HK Law to provide next-level legal representation to victims and their families. Don't wait to contact a personal injury lawyer in Washington, MO now for a complimentary consultation.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: