Personal Injury Lawyer Herculaneum, MO
Contact Us for a No-obligation Consultation if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in Herculaneum, MO. Halvorsen Klote provides expert legal representation for the injured in Herculaneum, the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands the sudden and devastating consequences if you or a loved one have been injured, your injuries are keeping away from work, and if an injury has put you in a tough financial situation. We take a client-centered approach and offer the same high quality legal advocacy large insurance companies have. If you'd like to go over your claim with Halvorsen Klote to learn more, don't wait to contact us or call as at 866-382-4167 to speak to Halvorsen Klote's personal injury attorneys now.
Personal Injury Claims in Herculaneum, MO
There are more than 97.9 million urgent care visits and 24.8 million physician office visits for unintentional injuries, and more than 200,000 unintentional deaths in the U.S. each year. This includes car and truck accidents, slip and falls, and other injuries that lead to death. It's important for victims and their families to find legal representation as soon as they're able to. An experienced Herculaneum, MO personal injury lawyer will know how to best proceed and seek compensation for your injuries.
Common Personal Injury Claims in Herculaneum, MO
If you have been in a auto accident in Herculaneum, MO, were hurt on the job, or were bitten by a neighbor's dog, you might be entitled to compensation. Halvorsen Klote's attorneys have devoted their careers to helping personal injury victims and their families in the Herculaneum area. Learn more about Halvorsen Klote's history and success on the testimonials page.
Our Herculaneum, MO personal injury lawyer firm specializes in a number of different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With more than 35,000 traffic-related deaths every year and hundreds of thousands of accidents, auto-related accidents are by far the most common personal injury claim.
- Work-Related Accidents — Employment injuries can include faulty equipment, lapses in training, falls, explosions, overexertion and more.
- Dog Bites — Almost 5 million people suffer from dog bites annually nationwide. Dog bites are dangerous for adults and children. A dog bite leads to emotional distress, scarring, deep tissue issues and other injuries. Dog bites in Herculaneum, MO fall under strict liability, meaning a dog owner is responsible for what their dog does regardless of their actions.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death cases in Illinois and Missouri are usually filed by the closest immediate family members. You are eligible for compensation for a wide range of factors in a wrongful death case, including loss of guidance and loss of consortium.
- Other Claims — Swimming pool accidents, medical malpractice, bicycle accidents and other bodily injuries may qualify for a personal injury claim in Missouri or Illinois.
Personal Injury Damages in Herculaneum, MO
Depending on what state you're in, you may be able to collect a number of different damages. Both special damages and general damages take into account medical costs, pain and suffering, lost wages or losing the ability to work, and others. Halvorsen Klote also makes claims for out-of-pocket costs (rental cars, home assistance, etc.), damage to your vehicle, and any other financial, physical or emotional loss due to negligence. We fight until you receive every penny owed to you.
A personal injury lawyer is often the only way to get maximum compensation after an injury. Our firm will help you get full medical care, negotiate with insurers, and help you gather police documentation if necessary. It's important to be proactive after an accident, even if you are grieving a lost loved one or you are suffering financial and medical hardship. Each state has put into place its own statute of limitations, which the timeline for how quickly an injury claim must be filed.
You can learn more about personal injury law in our FAQs. We pride ourselves on providing a high level of legal representation to injury victims and their families. Accidents are now the leading cause of death for people under 35, and hundreds of thousands of people are hurt on the job, on private property, or in stores and everywhere else every year.
Herculaneum, MO Personal Injury Lawyer: FAQs
To get fairly compensated, you're (with the help of an attorney) going to need to accomplish several things. To make a successful personal injury claim, you and your lawyer have to prove negligence, causation, fault and financial damages. Here are a few questions victims often ask about their situation:
- How much does it cost to hire a lawyer? You do not have to pay anything up-front to retain our services. Put simply, our Herculaneum, MO personal injury lawyers take a portion of the final compensation you recover — called a contingency fee — and you only pay if there is a successful resolution to your claim.
- If I'm injured, what do I need to do? It's important to go to a hospital or see your doctor. Medical records are very important evidence. Even if you do not have serious symptoms, some injuries do not reveal themselves immediately, and delaying treatment could hurt your case.
- How much can I win after an accident? How much money you receive will depend on your injuries impacted your life. Damages may include medical treatment and physical therapy, property loss, loss of income, pain and suffering, inability, lost earning potential, and others.
- What information do I need to give my attorney? The more information the better. Pictures of the accident, witness testimonies, how much time you had to take off work, names and addresses, and other information are crucial for winning a personal injury claim. We need to be able to justify financial damages.
- What other questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? There's a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Do you have experience with this specific accident claim? Are you willing to go to trial? How much or a percentage do you charge? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement? Do I have a case if I'm partially at-fault? What do you think my chances of winning are? Why? Again, the more information the better.
Take a look at the other types of cases we handle in Herculaneum, MO?
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are dedicated to helping those who need it most. A serious injury can have persisting consequences, like financial hardship, losing time off work, and other pressure on you and the people you love most. It's our job at HK Law to provide the same standard of high-quality legal advocacy insurance companies have to victims and their families. Don't wait to contact a personal injury lawyer in Herculaneum, MO now for a complimentary case review.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: