Personal Injury Lawyer Vandalia, MO
Contact Us for a Complimentary Case Review if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in Vandalia, MO. Halvorsen Klote provides expert legal representation for those injured through another's negligence in Vandalia, the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands how difficult it is to deal with a personal injury claim if you or a loved one have been injured, you're losing wages from not being able to work, and if the medical bills are piling up. It's crucial that our team provides the same high standard of representation that large insurance companies have. Call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review.
Personal Injury Claims in Vandalia, MO
Every year, more than 97.9 million people go to the emergency room and 24.8 million go to a physician for accidents or unintentional injuries, and there are over 200,000 unintentional deaths, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. This could include vehicle-related accidents, slips and falls, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that end up being fatal. It's important for survivors to consult with a personal injury lawyer without delay. A dedicated Vandalia, MO personal injury lawyer will know how to best move forward and seek a financial recovery for your injuries.
Personal Injury Cases We Take on in Vandalia, MO
If you were injured in a motor vehicle accident in Vandalia, MO, were hurt on the job, or were bitten by a neighbor's dog, you might have a personal injury case. It is our goal at Halvorsen Klote to help personal injury victims and their families in the Vandalia area. Our personal injury lawyer team has won millions for victims and their families.
Our Vandalia, MO personal injury lawyer firm has experience with a number of different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With more than 35,000 traffic-related deaths pear year and over 6 million accidents, automobile accidents make up 60% of injury claims that go to trial.
- Work-Related Injuries — Company negligence can include exposure to electricity, lapses in training, slip and falls, explosions and related accidents.
- Dog Bites — Almost 5 million people are bitten by dogs annually in the U.S.. Dog bites are dangerous for adults and children. A dog bite leads to mental anguish, disfigurement, gashes and other injuries. Your Vandalia, MO personal injury Lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will likely pursue a strict liability claim against the dog's owner.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death lawsuits in Illinois and Missouri are usually filed by a family member or spouse. You are eligible for compensation for a wide range of factors in a wrongful death case, including loss of benefits and loss of consortium.
- Other Claims — Swimming pool accidents, slip and fall, nursing home abuse and other bodily injuries may mean you are entitled to compensation in Missouri or Illinois.
What Compensation Can I Receive for My Vandalia, MO Personal Injury Claim?
Depending on what state you're in, you may be able to collect a number of different damages. Both special damages and general damages take into account medical bills, pain and suffering, money lost from not being to work or losing the ability to work, and others. Halvorsen Klote also fights for out-of-pocket expenses (transportation to and from medical appointments, a nanny, etc.), property damage, and any other financial, physical or emotional loss due to negligence. We fight until there is no money left on the table.
If you want to get the most compensation possible after an injury, you need to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will assist with any medical issues, negotiate with insurers, and gather the evidence necessary to demonstrate negligence by the liable party. It's important to be proactive after an accident, even if it's a wrongful death case or the financial and physical consequences of your injury are devastating. Each state stipulated its own statute of limitations, which limits how long you have to file a claim.
You can learn more about personal injury law in our FAQs. We pride ourselves on providing a high level of legal representation to those injured by another's negligence. Accidental injuries are now the leading cause of death for people under 35, and millions of people are hurt on the job, at home, or in stores and many other places every year.
Vandalia, MO Personal Injury Lawyer: Frequently Asked Questions
To get fairly compensated, you're (with the help of an attorney) going to need to accomplish a few things. To make a successful personal injury claim, you and your lawyer have to prove how the other party is liable, causation, fault and financial damages. Here are a few questions to ask a personal injury lawyer before you retain their services:
- Can I afford a personal injury lawyer? Our attorneys do not charge any up-front fees. Put simply, our Vandalia, MO personal injury lawyers are paid with a percentage of the final compensation you recover — called a contingency fee — and you only pay if there is a successful resolution to your claim.
- If I'm injured, what do I need to do? The first step is to get medical assistance. Medical records are very important when you're filing a claim and trying to win a settlement. Even if you do not have serious symptoms, having a written document will help your case.
- How much can I win after an accident? There are a number of factors to consider when you calculate special and general damages. Damages may include things like lost earning potential, pain and suffering, medical expenses, loss of consortium, emotional distress, and others.
- What information do I need to give my attorney? The more information the better. Pictures of the accident, witness testimonies, how much time you had to take off work, names and addresses, and other information are crucial for winning a personal injury claim. We need to be able to justify financial damages.
- What other questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Are you willing to take the case in front of a judge and jury? What's your fee? What is the monetary value of my claim? How long does it take to get a settlement? What if I was partially at-fault? What do you think my chances of winning are? Why? You need to know as much as you can before making this very important decision.
Check out the other types of claims we handle in Vandalia, MO?
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
Vandalia, MO Personal Injury Lawyer
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are ready and willing to fight your case. A catastrophic injury can have persisting consequences, like financial losses, not being able to hold down a job, and other hardships for you and the people you love most. It's our job at HK Law to provide next-level legal representation to victims and their families. Don't wait to contact a personal injury lawyer in Vandalia, MO now for a complimentary case review.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: