Personal Injury Lawyer Holts Summit, MO
Call for a No-Risk Case Evaluation if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in Holts Summit, MO. Halvorsen Klote provides expert legal representation for those injured through another's negligence in Holts Summit, the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands the sudden and devastating consequences if you or someone you love have been injured, you're losing wages from not being able to work, and if the medical bills are piling up. We take a client-centered approach and offer the same high quality legal advocacy large insurance companies have. If you'd like to discuss your claim with Halvorsen Klote to learn more, don't hesitate to contact us or call as at 866-382-4167 to speak to Halvorsen Klote's personal injury attorneys now.
Personal Injury Claims in Holts Summit, MO
Every year, more than 97.9 million people go to the emergency room and 24.8 million go to a physician for accidents or unintentional injuries, and there are over 200,000 unintentional deaths, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. This could include vehicle-related accidents, slips and falls, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that end up being fatal. It is important for survivors to consult with a personal injury lawyer without delay. A talented Holts Summit, MO personal injury lawyer is a great resource for legal advice in the event of an accident.
Personal Injury Cases We Take on in Holts Summit, MO
If you were injured in a traffic-related accident in Holts Summit, MO, sustained an overuse injury at work, or were bitten by a neighbor's dog, you might have a personal injury case. It is our goal at Halvorsen Klote to help personal injury victims and their families in the Holts Summit area. Read what previous clients have to say about us on the testimonials page.
Our Holts Summit, MO personal injury lawyer firm can handle numerous different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With over 35,000 traffic-related fatalities annually and over 6 million accidents, automobile accidents are by far the most common personal injury claim.
- Work-Related Accidents — Employment injuries can include exposure to electricity, lapses in training, falls, fires, overexertion and more.
- Dog Bites — Almost 5 million people are bitten by dogs annually in the United States. Dog bites are dangerous for people of all ages. A dog bite leads to emotional distress, scarring, lacerations and other injuries. Dog bites in Holts Summit, MO fall under strict liability, which means that a dog owner is responsible for what their dog does regardless of if they were negligent or not.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death claims in Illinois and Missouri are eligible for a family member or spouse. You are eligible for compensation for numerous factors in a wrongful death claim, including loss of support and funeral expenses.
- Other Claims — ATV accidents, medical malpractice, bicycle accidents and other bodily injuries may mean you are entitled to compensation in Missouri or Illinois.
What Compensation Can I Receive for My Holts Summit, MO Personal Injury Claim?
Depending on what state you're in, you may be able to collect a number of different damages. Both special damages and general damages factor in medical costs, pain and suffering, money lost from not being to work or lost earning capacity, and inability to enjoy life. Halvorsen Klote also seeks out-of-pocket expenses (transportation to and from medical appointments, daycare, etc.), property damage, and any other financial, physical or emotional damages. We fight until there is no money left on the table.
If you want to get a full financial recovery after an injury, you need to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will help you get full medical care, make the insurance company be fair, and help you gather police documentation if necessary. It's imperative to be proactive after an accident, even if it's a wrongful death case or you are suffering financial and medical hardship. Each state has its own statute of limitations, which limits how long you have to file a claim.
Find out more about your rights and the legal process with our FAQs. We pride ourselves on providing a high level of legal representation to those injured through no fault of their own. Accidents are now the leading cause of death for people under 35, and hundreds of thousands of people are seriously injured on the job, on private property, or in stores and many other places every year.
Holts Summit, MO Personal Injury Lawyer: Frequently Asked Questions
You and your lawyer need to do a few things if you want to get compensation. To win a tort (injury) case, you and your lawyer have to prove how the other party is liable, cause in fact, fault and financial damages. Below are a few questions you might ask about your claim:
- How much does it cost to hire a lawyer? You do not have to pay anything up-front to retain our services. Put simply, our Holts Summit, MO personal injury lawyers take a percentage of any case victory — called a contingency fee — and you only pay if there is a successful resolution to your claim.
- What should I do after an accident? The first step is to get medical assistance. Medical records are extremely important evidence. Even if you do not have serious symptoms, some injuries do not reveal themselves immediately, and delaying treatment could hurt your case.
- How much can I win after an accident? There are a number of variables when you calculate special and general damages. Damages may include medical treatment and physical therapy, property damage, loss of income, pain and suffering, emotional distress, lost earning potential, and others.
- What do I need to give my lawyer? The more information the better. Pictures of the accident, witness testimonies, how much time you had to take off work, names and addresses, and other information are crucial for winning a personal injury claim. We need to be able to justify financial damages.
- What other questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? The choice of a law firm is important, so you need to ask some questions before hiring one. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Are you willing to go to trial? What's your fee? What is the monetary value of my claim? How long will the claim take to settle? Do I have a case if I'm partially at-fault? What do you think my chances of winning are? Why? You need to know as much as you can before making this very important decision.
Check out the other types of claims we take on in Holts Summit, MO?
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Contact A Personal Injury Lawyer in Holts Summit, MO Now
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are ready and willing to fight your case. A serious injury can have long-lasting effects, like financial losses, not being able to hold down a job, and other pressure on you and the people you love most. It's our job at HK Law to provide the same standard of high-quality legal advocacy insurance companies have to victims and their families. Don't hesitate to contact a personal injury lawyer in Holts Summit, MO now for a free consultation.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: