Personal Injury Lawyer Harrisburg, MO
Contact Us for a No-obligation Case Review if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in Harrisburg, MO. Halvorsen Klote provides expert legal representation for clients in Harrisburg, the Metro St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands the sudden and devastating consequences if you or a loved one have been injured, you're losing wages from not being able to work, and if an injury has put a strain on your finances. It's crucial that our team provides effective representation to each and every client. If you'd like to go over your claim with Halvorsen Klote to understand your options, don't hesitate to contact us or call as at 866-382-4167 to speak to Halvorsen Klote's personal injury attorneys now.
Personal Injury Claims in Harrisburg, MO
There are more than 97.9 million emergency room visits and 24.8 million physician office visits for unintentional injuries, and more than 200,000 unintentional deaths in the U.S. each year. Common accidents and injuries are car and truck accidents, slip and falls, and other injuries that lead to death. It's important for victims and their families to consult with a personal injury lawyer as soon as they're able to. A dedicated Harrisburg, MO personal injury lawyer will know how to best proceed and seek a financial recovery for your injuries.
Common Personal Injury Claims in Harrisburg, MO
If you were injured in a car or truck accident in Harrisburg, MO, were hurt on the job, or were bitten by a neighbor's dog, you might be eligible compensation. Halvorsen Klote's attorneys have devoted their careers to helping those injured through no fault of their own in the Harrisburg area. Our personal injury lawyer team has gotten great results for victims and their families.
Our Harrisburg, MO personal injury lawyer firm specializes in numerous different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With over 35,000 motor vehicle crash deaths every year and hundreds of thousands of accidents, automobile accidents are by far the most common personal injury claim.
- Work-Related Injuries — Employment injuries can include faulty equipment, lapses in training, slip and falls, explosions, overexertion and more.
- Dog Bites — Almost 5 million people suffer from dog bites annually in the United States. Dog bites are a serious concern for adults and children. A dog bite leads to mental anguish, disfigurement, lacerations and other injuries. Your Harrisburg, MO personal injury Lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will likely pursue a strict liability claim against the dog's owner.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death lawsuits in Illinois and Missouri are usually filed by the closest immediate family members. There are several different damages you can be reimbursed for in a wrongful death claim, including loss of benefits and lost earnings.
- Other Claims — Boating accidents, slip and fall, nursing home abuse and other bodily injuries may mean you are entitled to compensation in Missouri or Illinois.
Personal Injury Damages in Harrisburg, MO
Depending on what state you're in, you may be able to collect a number of different damages. Both special damages and general damages take into account medical costs, pain and suffering, lost wages or losing the ability to work, and inability to enjoy life. Halvorsen Klote also considers out-of-pocket costs (transportation to and from medical appointments, daycare, etc.), property damage, and any other financial, physical or emotional damages. There's a lot of ways our firm can help.
If you want to get the most compensation possible after an injury, it's crucial to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will help you get full medical care, make the insurance company be fair, and gather the evidence necessary to prove your claim. It's important to be proactive after an accident, even if it's a wrongful death case or the financial and physical consequences of your injury are devastating. Each state has its own statute of limitations, which limits how long you have to file a claim.
You can learn more about personal injury law in our FAQs. We pride ourselves on providing a high level of legal representation to those injured by another's negligence. Accidents are now the 5th leading cause of death, and hundreds of thousands of people are hurt at work, on private property, or in vehicles and many other places every year.
Harrisburg, MO Personal Injury Lawyer: FAQs
To get fairly compensated, you're (with the help of an attorney) going to need to accomplish several things. To win a tort (injury) case, you're going to have to prove negligence, cause in fact, fault and how the injury has affected you financially, emotionally and physically. Here are a few questions you might ask about your claim:
- Can I afford a personal injury lawyer? You do not have to pay anything up-front to retain our services. Put simply, our Harrisburg, MO personal injury lawyers are paid with a percentage of any case victory — called a contingency fee — and you only pay if there is a successful resolution to your claim.
- If I'm injured, what do I need to do? It's important to go to a hospital or see your primary care physician. Medical records are very important if you are filing a claim and trying to win a settlement. Even if you do not have serious symptoms, some injuries do not reveal themselves immediately, and delaying treatment could hurt your case.
- How much can I win after an accident? There are a lot of variables when you calculate economic and noneconomic damages. Damages can include medical treatment and rehabilitation, property loss, loss of income, pain and suffering, emotional distress, lost earning potential, and others.
- What information do I need to give my attorney? The more information the better. Pictures of the accident, witness testimonies, how much time you had to take off work, names and addresses, and other information are crucial for winning a personal injury claim. We need to be able to justify financial damages.
- What other questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Are you willing to take the case in front of a judge and jury? What's your fee? What is the monetary value of my claim? How long will the claim take to settle? Do I have a case if I'm partially at-fault? What do you think my chances of winning are? Why? You need to know as much as you can before making this very important decision.
Check out the other types of cases we take on in Harrisburg, MO?
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Contact A Personal Injury Lawyer in Harrisburg, MO Now
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are dedicated to helping those who need it most. A catastrophic injury can have persisting consequences, like financial losses, not being able to hold down a job, and other pressure on you and the people you love most. It's our job at HK Law to provide next-level legal representation to victims and their families. Don't hesitate to contact a personal injury lawyer in Harrisburg, MO now for a free case evaluation.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: