Personal Injury Lawyer Lake St. Louis, MO
Contact Us for a No-Risk Case Evaluation if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in Lake St. Louis, MO. Halvorsen Klote provides expert legal representation for the injured in Lake St. Louis, the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands the sudden and devastating consequences if you or a loved one have been injured, you can't work, and if the medical bills are piling up. We take a client-centered approach and offer the same high quality legal advocacy large insurance companies have. If you'd like to go over your claim with Halvorsen Klote to understand your options, don't hesitate to contact us or call as at 866-382-4167 to speak to Halvorsen Klote's personal injury attorneys now.
Personal Injury Claims in Lake St. Louis, MO
There are over 97.9 million emergency room visits and 24.8 million physician office visits for unintentional injuries, and more than 200,000 unintentional deaths in the U.S. each year. This could include traffic-related accidents, slips and falls, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that end up being fatal. It's important for victims and their families to consult with a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. A talented Lake St. Louis, MO personal injury lawyer is a great resource for legal advice in the event of an accident.
Personal Injury Cases We Take on in Lake St. Louis, MO
If you have been in a auto accident in Lake St. Louis, MO, weren't totally compensated at your job, or were not given proper care by a doctor, you might have a personal injury case. It is our goal at Halvorsen Klote to help personal injury victims and their families in the Lake St. Louis area. Learn more about Halvorsen Klote's history and success on the testimonials page.
Our Lake St. Louis, MO personal injury lawyer firm can handle a number of different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With more than 35,000 auto crash fatalities every year and hundreds of thousands of accidents, auto-related accidents are by far the most common personal injury claim.
- Work-Related Accidents — Employment injuries can include exposure to electricity, lapses in training, falls, explosions and related accidents.
- Dog Bites — Almost 5 million people are bitten by dogs annually in the U.S.. Dog bites are a serious concern for adults and children. A dog bite leads to emotional distress, scarring, puncture wounds and other injuries. Your Lake St. Louis, MO personal injury Lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will likely pursue a strict liability claim against the dog's owner.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death lawsuits in Illinois and Missouri are eligible for the closest immediate family members. You are eligible for compensation for numerous factors in a wrongful death claim, including loss of benefits and lost earnings.
- Other Claims — ATV accidents, slip and fall, nursing home abuse and other bodily injuries may mean you are entitled to compensation in Missouri or Illinois.
What Damages Can I Receive for My Lake St. Louis, MO Personal Injury Claim?
Depending on what state you're in, you may be able to collect a number of different damages. Both special damages and general damages take into account medical costs, pain and suffering, money lost from not being to work or losing the ability to work, and inability to enjoy life. Halvorsen Klote also fights for out-of-pocket expenses (transportation, childcare, etc.), damage to your vehicle, and any other financial, physical or emotional loss due to negligence. There's a lot of ways our firm can help.
A personal injury lawyer is often the only way to get maximum compensation after an accident. Our firm will help you get full medical care, make the insurance company be fair, and help you gather police documentation if necessary. It's imperative not to wait to take action after an accident, even if you are grieving a lost loved one or you are suffering financial and medical hardship. Each state stipulated its own statute of limitations, which limits how long you have to file a claim.
You can learn more about personal injury law in our FAQs. It's important for us to provide a high level of legal representation to injury victims and their families. Accidental injuries are now the leading cause of death for people under 35, and hundreds of thousands of people are hurt on the job, on private property, or in cars and many other places every year.
Lake St. Louis, MO Personal Injury Lawyer: Frequently Asked Questions
You and your lawyer need to do a few things if you want to get compensation. To win a tort (injury) case, you and your lawyer have to prove how the other party is liable, cause in fact, fault and financial damages. Here are a few questions to ask a personal injury lawyer before you hire them:
- How much does it cost to hire a lawyer? You do not have to pay anything up-front to retain our services. Put simply, our Lake St. Louis, MO personal injury lawyers are paid with a percentage of any case victory — called a contingency fee — and you don't pay unless we win.
- What should I do after an accident? It's important to go to a hospital or see your doctor. Medical records are very important evidence. Even if you do not have serious symptoms, having a written document will help your case.
- How much can I win after an accident? There are a number of variables when you figure out the economic and noneconomic damages. Damages may include medical treatment and rehabilitation, property loss, loss of income, pain and suffering, emotional distress, lost earning potential, and others.
- What information do I need to give my attorney? It's important to keep track of everything. Any witness testimonies, the name of the ambulance company, medical records, names, dates, phone numbers, pictures, expenses, and other material go a long way in a personal injury case. This documentation helps us justify financial damages.
- What should I ask my lawyer? The choice of a law firm is important, so you need to ask some questions before hiring one. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? How much experience do you have in the courtroom? How much or a percentage do you charge? What is the monetary value of my claim? How long does it take to get a settlement? Do I have a case if I'm partially at-fault? What do you think my chances of winning are? Why? You need to know as much as you can before making this very important decision.
Take a look at the other types of claims we take on in Lake St. Louis, MO?
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
Lake St. Louis, MO Personal Injury Lawyer
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are ready and willing to fight your case. A serious injury can have enduring consequences, like financial hardship, losing time off work, and other hardships for your family. It's our job at HK Law to provide the same standard of high-quality legal advocacy insurance companies have to victims and their families. Don't hesitate to contact a personal injury lawyer in Lake St. Louis, MO now for a no-risk, no-obligation case evaluation.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: