Personal Injury Lawyer Ashland, MO
Contact Us for a Free Case Review if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in Ashland, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents the injured in Ashland, the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands how difficult it is to deal with a personal injury claim if you or someone you love have been injured, you can't work, and if the medical bills are piling up. It's crucial that our team provides effective representation to each and every client. Call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a no-risk, no-obligation case review.
Personal Injury Claims in Ashland, MO
There are over 97.9 million emergency room visits and 24.8 million physician office visits for unintentional injuries, and more than 200,000 unintentional deaths in the U.S. each year. Common accidents and injuries are car and truck accidents, slip and falls, and other injuries that lead to death. It's important for survivors to consult with a personal injury lawyer without delay. A knowledgeable Ashland, MO personal injury lawyer is a great resource for legal advice in the event of an accident.
Personal Injury Cases We Take on in Ashland, MO
If you were injured in a auto accident in Ashland, MO, were hurt on the job, or slipped and fell at the store, you might have a personal injury case. Halvorsen Klote's attorneys have dedicated their practice to helping personal injury victims and their families in the Ashland area. Our personal injury lawyer team has won millions for victims and their families.
Our Ashland, MO personal injury lawyer firm has experience with many different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With over 35,000 traffic-related fatalities every year and hundreds of thousands of accidents, automobile accidents are by far the most common personal injury claim.
- Work-Related Injuries — Company negligence can include faulty equipment, poor training, falls, explosions and related accidents.
- Dog Bites — Almost 5 million people are bitten by dogs each year in the U.S.. Dog bites are a serious concern for adults and children. A dog bite leads to mental anguish, scarring, deep tissue issues and other injuries. Dog bites in Ashland, MO fall under strict liability, which means that a dog owner is responsible for their dog's actions regardless of their actions.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death claims in Illinois and Missouri are usually filed by the closest immediate family members. There are several different damages you can be reimbursed for in a wrongful death claim, including loss of guidance and loss of consortium.
- Other Claims — ATV accidents, slip and fall, nursing home abuse and other incidents may mean you are entitled to compensation in Missouri or Illinois.
Personal Injury Damages in Ashland, MO
A variety of compensation is available in personal injury claims. Both special damages and general damages factor in medical costs, pain and suffering, lost wages or lost earning capacity, and others. Halvorsen Klote also seeks out-of-pocket costs (rental cars, daycare, etc.), property damage, and any other financial, physical or emotional loss due to negligence. There's a lot of ways our firm can help.
If you want to get a full financial recovery after an injury, it's crucial to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will help you get full medical care, negotiate with insurers, and gather the evidence necessary to prove your claim. It's important to be proactive after an accident, even if it's a wrongful death case or the financial and physical consequences of your injury are devastating. Each state has put into place its own statute of limitations, which the timeline for how quickly an injury claim must be filed.
You can learn more about personal injury law in our FAQs. It's important for us to provide a high level of legal representation to those injured through no fault of their own. Accidental injuries are now the 5th leading cause of death, and millions of people are hurt on the job, at home, or in stores and many other places every year.
Ashland, MO Personal Injury Lawyer: FAQs
To get fairly compensated, you're (with the help of an attorney) going to need to accomplish several things. To win a tort (injury) case, you and your lawyer have to prove negligence, cause in fact, fault and financial, emotional and physical losses. Here are a few questions you might ask about your claim:
- How much does it cost to hire a lawyer? Usually, there aren't any up-front fees. Put simply, our Ashland, MO personal injury lawyers take a percentage of any case victory — called a contingency fee — and you don't pay unless we win.
- If I'm injured, what do I need to do? It's important to go to a hospital or see your doctor. Medical records are very important evidence. Even if you do not have serious symptoms, some injuries do not reveal themselves immediately, and delaying treatment could hurt your case.
- How much is my case worth? How much money you receive will depend on your injuries impacted your life. Damages may include medical treatment and rehabilitation, property loss, loss of income, pain and suffering, inability, lost earning potential, and others.
- What information do I need to give my attorney? It's important to keep track of everything. Pictures of the accident, witness testimonies, how much time you had to take off work, names and addresses, and other information are crucial for winning a personal injury claim. We need to be able to justify financial damages.
- What other questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? The choice of a law firm is important, so you need to ask some questions before hiring one. For example, Do you have experience with this specific accident claim? How much experience do you have in the courtroom? How much or a percentage do you charge? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement? Do I have a case if I'm partially at-fault? What do you think my chances of winning are? Why? You need to know as much as you can before moving forward.
Take a look at the other types of cases we take on in Ashland, MO?
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Ashland, MO Personal Injury Lawyer
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are ready and willing to fight your case. A serious injury can have long-lasting effects, like financial hardship, losing time off work, and other hardships for you and the people you love most. It's our job at HK Law to provide the same standard of high-quality legal advocacy insurance companies have to victims and their families. Don't wait to contact a personal injury lawyer in Ashland, MO now for a complimentary case evaluation.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: