Personal Injury Lawyer Springfield, MO
Call for a Free Consultation if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in Springfield, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents those injured through no fault of their own in Springfield, the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands the sudden and devastating consequences if you or a family member have been injured, you're losing wages from not being able to work, and if the medical bills are piling up. We take a client-centered approach and offer the same high quality legal advocacy large insurance companies have. Call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.
Personal Injury Claims in Springfield, MO
Every year, more than 97.9 million people go to the emergency room and 24.8 million go to a physician for accidents or unintentional injuries, and there are over 200,000 unintentional deaths, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Common accidents and injuries are car and truck accidents, slip and falls, and other injuries that lead to death. It's important for victims and their families to consult with a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. A dedicated Springfield, MO personal injury lawyer will know how to best move forward and seek compensation for your injuries.
Personal Injury Cases We Take on in Springfield, MO
If you have been in a auto accident in Springfield, MO, sustained an overuse injury at work, or slipped and fell at the store, you might have a personal injury case. Halvorsen Klote's attorneys have devoted their careers to helping those injured through no fault of their own in the Springfield area. Our personal injury lawyer team has won millions for victims and their families.
Our Springfield, MO personal injury lawyer firm can handle a number of different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With over 35,000 traffic-related deaths pear year and millions of accidents, automobile accidents make up 60% of personal injury claims.
- Work-Related Accidents — Company negligence can include being struck by an object, insufficient training, falls, fires and related accidents.
- Dog Bites — Almost 5 million people suffer from dog bites annually nationwide. Dog bites are dangerous for adults and children. A dog bite leads to mental trauma, disfigurement, deep tissue issues and other injuries. Dog bites in Springfield, MO fall under strict liability, which means that a dog owner is responsible for their dog's actions regardless of their actions.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death cases in Illinois and Missouri are eligible for the closest immediate family members. You are eligible for compensation for a wide range of factors in a wrongful death claim, including loss of guidance and lost earnings.
- Other Claims — Boating accidents, medical malpractice, pedestrian accidents and other incidents may qualify for a personal injury claim in Missouri or Illinois.
What Damages Can I Receive for My Springfield, MO Personal Injury Claim?
A variety of compensation is available in personal injury claims. Both special damages and general damages factor in medical bills, pain and suffering, lost wages or lost earning capacity, and inability to enjoy life. Halvorsen Klote also considers out-of-pocket costs (transportation, childcare, etc.), damage to your vehicle, and any other financial damages. There's a lot of ways our firm can help.
If you want to get the most compensation possible after an injury, you need to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will assist with any medical issues, negotiate with insurers, and gather the evidence necessary to demonstrate negligence by the liable party. It's important to be proactive after an accident, even if it's a wrongful death case or you are suffering financial and medical hardship. Each state has put into place its own statute of limitations, which the timeline for how quickly an injury claim must be filed.
Find out more about your rights and the legal process with our FAQs. We pride ourselves on providing a high level of professionalism to those injured through no fault of their own. Accidental injuries are now the 5th leading cause of death, and hundreds of thousands of people are seriously injured at work, at home or at their friend's house, or in restaurants and everywhere else every year.
Springfield, MO Personal Injury Lawyer: FAQs
To get fairly compensated, you're (with the help of an attorney) going to need to accomplish several things. To win a tort (injury) case, you and your lawyer have to prove how the other party is liable, causation, fault and how the injury has affected you financially, emotionally and physically. Here are a few questions you might ask about your claim:
- How much does a personal injury lawyer cost? You do not have to pay anything up-front to retain our services. Put simply, our Springfield, MO personal injury lawyers take a percentage of any case victory — called a contingency fee — and you don't pay unless we win.
- What should I do after an accident? The first step is to get medical assistance. Medical records are extremely important if you are filing a claim and trying to win a settlement. Even if you do not have serious symptoms, having a written document will help your case.
- How much can I win after an accident? How much money you receive will depend on your injuries impacted your life. Damages may include medical treatment and rehabilitation, property damage, loss of income, pain and suffering, emotional distress, lost earning potential, and others.
- What information do I need to give my attorney? It's important to keep track of everything. Any witness testimonies, the name of the ambulance company, medical records, names, dates, phone numbers, pictures, expenses, and other material go a long way in a personal injury case. We need to be able to justify financial damages.
- What should I ask my lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Do you have experience with this specific injury? Are you willing to take the case in front of a judge and jury? How much or a percentage do you charge? What is the monetary value of my claim? How long will the claim take to settle? What if I was partially responsible for the accident? What do you think my chances of winning are? Why? Again, the more information the better.
Check out the other types of cases we take on in Springfield, MO?
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Personal Injury Attorney
Contact A Personal Injury Lawyer in Springfield, MO Now
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are dedicated to helping those who need it most. A serious injury can have enduring effects, like financial losses, not being able to hold down a job, and other pressure on your family. It's our job at HK Law to provide next-level legal representation to victims and their families. Don't wait to contact a personal injury lawyer in Springfield, MO now for a complimentary case review.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: