Personal Injury Lawyer Centralia, MO
Call for a Free Case Evaluation if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in Centralia, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents those injured through another's negligence in Centralia, the Metro St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands the sudden and devastating consequences if you or a loved one have been injured, you can't work, and if the medical bills are piling up. We take a client-centered approach and offer the same high quality legal advocacy large insurance companies have. If you'd like to go over your case with Halvorsen Klote to understand your options, don't wait to contact us or call as at 866-382-4167 to speak to Halvorsen Klote's personal injury attorneys now.
Personal Injury Claims in Centralia, MO
There are more than 97.9 million urgent care visits and 24.8 million physician office visits for unintentional injuries, and more than 200,000 unintentional deaths in the U.S. each year. This could include traffic-related accidents, slips and falls, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that end up being fatal. It is important for survivors to consult with a personal injury lawyer as soon as they're able to. A talented Centralia, MO personal injury lawyer will know how to best move forward and seek a financial recovery for your injuries.
Personal Injury Cases We Take on in Centralia, MO
If you have been in a auto accident in Centralia, MO, were hurt on the job, or slipped and fell at the store, you might have a personal injury case. It is our goal at Halvorsen Klote to help those injured by someone else in the Centralia area. Learn more about Halvorsen Klote's history and success on the testimonials page.
Our Centralia, MO personal injury lawyer firm can handle numerous different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With more than 35,000 car crash fatalities every year and millions of accidents, auto-related accidents make up 60% of tort trials.
- Work-Related Accidents — Employer negligence can include faulty equipment, lapses in training, slip and falls, explosions, overexertion and more.
- Dog Bites — Almost 5 million people suffer from dog bites annually in the U.S.. Dog bites are dangerous for adults and children. A dog bite leads to emotional anguish, scarring, lacerations and other injuries. Your Centralia, MO personal injury Lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will likely pursue a strict liability claim against the dog's owner.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death suits in Illinois and Missouri are usually filed by a family member or spouse. You are eligible for compensation for a wide range of factors in a wrongful death lawsuit, including loss of guidance and loss of consortium.
- Other Claims — ATV accidents, medical malpractice, bicycle accidents and other incidents may qualify for a personal injury claim in Missouri or Illinois.
What Compensation Can I Receive for My Centralia, MO Personal Injury Claim?
A variety of compensation is available in personal injury claims. Both special damages and general damages factor in medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages or losing the ability to work, and inability to enjoy life. Halvorsen Klote also seeks out-of-pocket expenses (transportation, daycare, etc.), damage to your vehicle, and any other financial damages. We fight until you receive every penny owed to you.
A personal injury lawyer is often the only way to get full compensation after an accident. Our firm will help you get full medical care, negotiate with insurers, and gather the evidence necessary to prove your claim. It's imperative to be proactive after an accident, even if you have lost a family member or the financial and physical consequences of your injury are devastating. Each state stipulated its own statute of limitations, which the timeline for how quickly an injury claim must be filed.
You can learn more about personal injury law in our FAQs. We pride ourselves on providing a high level of legal representation to injury victims and their families. Accidents are now the leading cause of death for people under 35, and millions of people are seriously injured on the job, at home, or in vehicles and everywhere else every year.
Centralia, MO Personal Injury Lawyer: Frequently Asked Questions
To get fairly compensated, you're (with the help of an attorney) going to need to accomplish a few things. To win a tort (injury) case, you're going to have to prove negligence, cause in fact, fault and how the injury has affected you financially, emotionally and physically. Below are a few questions to ask a personal injury lawyer before you hire them:
- Can I afford a personal injury lawyer? Usually, there aren't any up-front fees. Put simply, our Centralia, MO personal injury lawyers take a portion of the final compensation you recover — called a contingency fee — and you don't pay unless we win.
- What should I do after an accident? It's important to go to a hospital or see your primary care physician. Medical records are very important if you are filing a claim and hoping to win a settlement. Even if you do not have serious symptoms, having a written document will help your case.
- How much can I win after an accident? How much money you receive will depend on your injuries impacted your life. Damages can include medical treatment and rehabilitation, property loss, loss of income, pain and suffering, emotional distress, lost earning potential, and others.
- What do I need to give my lawyer? It's important to keep track of everything. Pictures of the accident, witness testimonies, how much time you had to take off work, names and addresses, and other information are crucial for winning a personal injury claim. We need to be able to justify financial damages.
- What other questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Do you have experience with this specific accident claim? Are you willing to take the case in front of a judge and jury? What's your fee? What is the monetary value of my claim? How long does it take to get a settlement? What if I was partially at-fault? What do you think my chances of winning are? Why? You need to know as much as you can before making this very important decision.
Take a look at the other types of claims we take on in Centralia, MO?
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
Centralia, MO Personal Injury Lawyer
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are dedicated to helping those who need it most. A serious injury can have long-lasting consequences, like financial losses, not being able to hold down a job, and other pressure on your family. It's our job at HK Law to provide the same standard of high-quality legal advocacy insurance companies have to victims and their families. Don't hesitate to contact a personal injury lawyer in Centralia, MO now for a no-risk, no-obligation case evaluation.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: