Personal Injury Lawyer Ballwin, MO
Contact Us for a No-Risk Case Evaluation if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in Ballwin, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents the injured in Ballwin, the Metro St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands how difficult it is to deal with a personal injury claim if you or a family member have been injured, your injuries are keeping away from work, and if the medical bills are piling up. We take a client-centered approach and offer the same high quality legal advocacy large insurance companies have. Call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.
Personal Injury Claims in Ballwin, MO
Every year, more than 97.9 million people go to the emergency room and 24.8 million go to a physician for accidents or unintentional injuries, and there are over 200,000 accidental deaths, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. This includes car and truck accidents, slip and falls, and other injuries that lead to death. It's important for victims and their families to find legal counsel without delay. A knowledgeable Ballwin, MO personal injury lawyer will know how to best proceed and seek a financial recovery for your injuries.
Common Personal Injury Claims in Ballwin, MO
If you were injured in a auto accident in Ballwin, MO, were hurt on the job, or slipped and fell at the store, you might be entitled to compensation. Halvorsen Klote's attorneys have dedicated their careers to helping personal injury victims and their families in the Ballwin area. Our personal injury lawyer team has gotten great results for victims and their families.
Our Ballwin, MO personal injury lawyer firm specializes in many different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With more than 35,000 motor vehicle accident deaths pear year and over 6 million accidents, automobile accidents are by far the most common personal injury claim.
- Work-Related Accidents — Company negligence can include exposure to electricity, lapses in training, falls, explosions and related accidents.
- Dog Bites — Almost 5 million people are bitten by dogs each year nationwide. Dog bites are dangerous for adults and children. A dog bite leads to emotional trauma, disfigurement, lacerations and other injuries. Your Ballwin, MO personal injury Lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will likely pursue a strict liability claim against the person controlling the dog.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death suits in Illinois and Missouri are usually filed by a family member or spouse. There are several different damages you can be reimbursed for in a wrongful death case, including loss of benefits and funeral expenses.
- Other Claims — ATV accidents, medical malpractice, pedestrian accidents and other incidents may mean you are entitled to compensation in Missouri or Illinois.
Personal Injury Damages in Ballwin, MO
Depending on what state you're in, you may be able to collect a number of different damages. Both special damages and general damages take into account medical costs, pain and suffering, money lost from not being to work or lost earning capacity, and others. Halvorsen Klote also fights for out-of-pocket costs (transportation, a nanny, etc.), property damage, and any other financial loss due to negligence. There's a lot of ways our firm can help.
If you want to get a full financial recovery after an injury, it's crucial to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will assist with any medical issues, make the insurance company be fair, and gather the evidence necessary to prove your claim. It's important to be proactive after an accident, even if you are grieving a lost loved one or the financial and physical consequences of your injury are devastating. Each state has put into place its own statute of limitations, which the timeline for how quickly an injury claim must be filed.
You can learn more about personal injury law in our FAQs. It's important for us to provide a high level of legal representation to those injured by another's negligence. Accidental injuries are now the leading cause of death for people under 35, and millions of people are seriously injured on the job, on private property, or in restaurants and everywhere else every year.
Ballwin, MO Personal Injury Lawyer: FAQs
To get fairly compensated, you're (with the help of an attorney) going to need to accomplish several things. To win a tort (injury) case, you're going to have to prove negligence, cause in fact, fault and how the injury has affected you financially, emotionally and physically. Here are a few questions to ask a personal injury lawyer before you hire them:
- Can I afford a personal injury lawyer? You do not have to pay anything up-front to retain our services. Put simply, our Ballwin, MO personal injury lawyers take a portion of the final compensation you recover — called a contingency fee — and you don't pay unless we win.
- If I'm injured, what do I need to do? The first step is to get medical assistance. Medical records are very important when you're filing a claim and trying to win a settlement. Even if you do not have serious symptoms, having a written document will help your case.
- How much can I win after an accident? There are a number of variables when you figure out the special and general damages. Damages may include things like lost income potential, pain and suffering, medical bills, loss of consortium, emotional distress, and others.
- What do I need to give my lawyer? The more information the better. Pictures of the accident, witness testimonies, how much time you had to take off work, names and addresses, and other information are crucial for winning a personal injury claim. We need to be able to justify financial damages.
- What should I ask my lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Are you willing to go to trial? What's your fee? What is the monetary value of my claim? How long does it take to get a settlement? What if I was partially at-fault? Do you believe in my case? Why? You need to know as much as you can before moving forward.
Take a look at the other types of claims we handle in Ballwin, MO?
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
Contact A Personal Injury Lawyer in Ballwin, MO Now
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are dedicated to helping people when they're at their most vulnerable. A serious injury can have long-lasting effects, like financial hardship, losing time off work, and other hardships for you and the people you love most. It's our job at HK Law to provide next-level legal representation to victims and their families. Don't hesitate to contact a personal injury lawyer in Ballwin, MO now for a complimentary consultation.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: