Personal Injury Lawyer Cape Girardeau, MO
Contact Us for a No-Risk Case Review if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in Cape Girardeau, MO. Halvorsen Klote provides expert legal representation for those injured through another's negligence in Cape Girardeau, the Metro St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands how difficult it is to deal with a personal injury claim if you or a family member have been injured, you can't work, and if an injury has put you in a tough financial situation. We take a client-centered approach and offer the same high quality legal advocacy large insurance companies have. If you'd like to go over your case with Halvorsen Klote to learn more, don't hesitate to contact us or call as at 866-382-4167 to speak to Halvorsen Klote's personal injury attorneys now.
Personal Injury Claims in Cape Girardeau, MO
Every year, more than 97.9 million people go to the emergency room and 24.8 million go to a physician for accidents or unintentional injuries, and there are over 200,000 unintentional deaths, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. This could include traffic-related accidents, slips and falls, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that end up being fatal. It is important for victims and their families to consult with a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. A dedicated Cape Girardeau, MO personal injury lawyer is a great resource of legal advice in the event of an accident.
Personal Injury Cases We Take on in Cape Girardeau, MO
If you were injured in a car or truck accident in Cape Girardeau, MO, weren't totally compensated at your job, or were bitten by a neighbor's dog, you might be entitled to compensation. Halvorsen Klote's attorneys have committed themselves to helping those injured by someone else in the Cape Girardeau area. Our personal injury lawyer team has gotten great results for victims and their families.
Our Cape Girardeau, MO personal injury lawyer firm takes on numerous different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With more than 35,000 traffic-related deaths annually and hundreds of thousands of accidents, auto-related accidents are by far the most common personal injury claim.
- Work-Related Accidents — Company negligence can include being struck by an object, insufficient training, slip and falls, explosions and related accidents.
- Dog Bites — More than 4.5 million people are bitten by dogs each year in the United States. Dog bites are a serious concern for adults and children. A dog bite can cause emotional anguish, scarring, gashes and other injuries. Your Cape Girardeau, MO personal injury Lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will likely pursue a strict liability claim against the dog's owner.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death cases in Illinois and Missouri are usually filed by the closest immediate family members. There are several different damages you can be reimbursed for in a wrongful death lawsuit, including loss of guidance and lost earnings.
- Other Claims — ATV accidents, medical malpractice, nursing home abuse and other bodily injuries may mean you are entitled to compensation in Missouri or Illinois.
Personal Injury Damages in Cape Girardeau, MO
A variety of compensation is available in personal injury claims. Both special damages and general damages factor in medical bills, pain and suffering, lost wages or losing the ability to work, and inability to enjoy life. Halvorsen Klote also fights for out-of-pocket costs (transportation to and from medical appointments, childcare, etc.), damage to your vehicle, and any other financial, physical or emotional loss due to negligence. There's a lot of ways our firm can help.
If you want to get a full financial recovery after an injury, it's crucial to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will assist with any medical issues, make the insurance company be fair, and help you gather police documentation if necessary. It's imperative not to wait to take action after an accident, even if it's a wrongful death case or the financial and physical consequences of your injury are devastating. Each state has its own statute of limitations, which limits how long you have to file a claim.
Find out more about your rights and the personal injury process with our FAQs. It's important for us to provide a high level of professionalism to those injured through no fault of their own. Accidental injuries are now the 5th leading cause of death, and hundreds of thousands of people are hurt at work, on private property, or in vehicles and many other places every year.
Cape Girardeau, MO Personal Injury Lawyer: Frequently Asked Questions
There are several things that need to get done if you want to win an injury case. To make a successful personal injury claim, you're going to have to prove how the other party caused your injuries, causation, fault and financial, emotional and physical losses. Here are a few questions to ask a personal injury lawyer before you retain their services:
- How much does it cost to hire a lawyer? Usually, there aren't any up-front fees. Put simply, our Cape Girardeau, MO personal injury lawyers are paid with a portion of any case victory — called a contingency fee — and you only pay if there is a successful resolution to your claim.
- What should I do after an accident? It's important to go to a hospital or see your doctor. Medical records are very important if you are filing a claim and hoping to win a settlement. Even if you do not have serious symptoms, some injuries do not reveal themselves immediately, and delaying treatment could hurt your case.
- How much can I win after an accident? How much money you receive will depend on your injuries impacted your life. Damages may include medical treatment and rehabilitation, property damage, loss of income, pain and suffering, inability, lost earning potential, and others.
- What do I need to give my lawyer? The more information the better. Pictures of the accident, witness testimonies, how much time you had to take off work, names and addresses, and other information are crucial for winning a personal injury claim. We need to be able to justify financial damages.
- What should I ask my lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? How much experience do you have in the courtroom? What's your fee? What is the monetary value of my claim? How long does it take to get a settlement? Do I have a case if I'm partially at-fault? Do you believe in the merits of my claim? Why? Again, the more information the better.
Take a look at the other types of claims we handle in Cape Girardeau, MO?
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are dedicated to helping those who need it most. A serious injury can have long-lasting consequences, like financial losses, losing time off work, and other pressure on your family. It's our job at HK Law to provide the same standard of high-quality legal advocacy insurance companies have to victims and their families. Don't wait to contact a personal injury lawyer in Cape Girardeau, MO now for a complimentary case evaluation.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: