Personal Injury Lawyer Glen Carbon, IL
Call for a Free Consultation if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in Glen Carbon, IL. Halvorsen Klote provides expert legal representation for clients in Glen Carbon, the Metro St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands how difficult it is to deal with a personal injury claim if you or a loved one have been injured, your injuries are keeping away from work, and if the medical bills are piling up. We take a client-centered approach and offer the same high quality legal advocacy large insurance companies have. If you'd like to discuss your case with Halvorsen Klote to understand your options, don't hesitate to contact us or call as at 866-382-4167 to speak to Halvorsen Klote's personal injury attorneys now.
Personal Injury Claims in Glen Carbon, IL
Every year, more than 97.9 million people go to the emergency room and 24.8 million go to a physician for accidents or unintentional injuries, and there are over 200,000 accidental deaths, according to research from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. This could include vehicle-related accidents, slips and falls, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that end up being fatal. It's important for survivors to consult with a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. A dedicated Glen Carbon, IL personal injury lawyer will know how to best move forward and seek a financial recovery for your injuries.
Personal Injury Cases We Take on in Glen Carbon, IL
If you were injured in a traffic-related accident in Glen Carbon, IL, were hurt on the job, or were bitten by a neighbor's dog, you might be entitled to compensation. It is our goal at Halvorsen Klote to help those injured through no fault of their own in the Glen Carbon area. Learn more about Halvorsen Klote's history and success on the testimonials page.
Our Glen Carbon, IL personal injury lawyer firm can handle a number of different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With over 35,000 traffic-related fatalities pear year and millions of accidents, automobile accidents are by far the most common personal injury claim.
- Work-Related Injuries — Employer negligence can include being struck by an object, insufficient training, slip and falls, fires, overexertion and more.
- Dog Bites — More than 4.5 million people are bitten by dogs each year in the United States. Dog bites are dangerous for adults and children. A dog bite can cause mental trauma, disfigurement, lacerations and other injuries. Your Glen Carbon, IL personal injury Lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will likely pursue a strict liability claim against the person controlling the dog.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death cases in Illinois and Missouri are eligible for a family member or spouse. There are several different damages you can be reimbursed for in a wrongful death lawsuit, including loss of companionship and funeral expenses.
- Other Claims — Swimming pool accidents, medical malpractice, pedestrian accidents and other incidents may mean you are entitled to compensation in Missouri or Illinois.
What Damages Can I Receive for My Glen Carbon, IL Personal Injury Claim?
A variety of compensation is available in personal injury claims. Both special damages and general damages factor in medical expenses, pain and suffering, money lost from not being to work or losing the ability to work, and inability to enjoy life. Halvorsen Klote also makes claims for out-of-pocket costs (transportation, a nanny, etc.), damage to your vehicle, and any other financial loss due to negligence. We fight until you receive every penny owed to you.
A personal injury lawyer is usually the only way to get fair compensation after an injury. Our firm will help you get full medical care, negotiate with insurers, and gather the evidence necessary to demonstrate negligence by the liable party. It's important not to wait to take action after an accident, even if it's a wrongful death case or you are suffering financial and medical hardship. Each state has put into place its own statute of limitations, which limits how long you have to file a claim.
Find out more about your rights and the personal injury process with our FAQs. We pride ourselves on providing a high level of legal representation to injury victims and their families. Accidental injuries are now the 5th leading cause of death, and millions of people are seriously injured on the job, at home, or in cars and everywhere else every year.
Glen Carbon, IL Personal Injury Lawyer: Frequently Asked Questions
To get fairly compensated, you're (with the help of an attorney) going to need to accomplish several things. To win a tort (injury) case, you and your lawyer have to prove how the other party is liable, causation, fault and how the injury has affected you financially, emotionally and physically. Below are a few questions victims often ask about their situation:
- How much does it cost to hire a lawyer? You do not have to pay anything up-front to retain our services. Put simply, our Glen Carbon, IL personal injury lawyers are paid with a percentage of any case victory — called a contingency fee — and you only pay if there is a successful resolution to your claim.
- What should I do after an accident? It's important to go to a hospital or see your primary care physician. Medical records are extremely important if you are filing a claim and hoping to win a settlement. Even if you do not have serious symptoms, having a written document will help your case.
- How much is my case worth? There are a lot of variables when you calculate special and general damages. Damages may include medical treatment and physical therapy, property damage, loss of income, pain and suffering, inability, lost earning potential, and others.
- What do I need to give my lawyer? The more information the better. Pictures of the accident, witness testimonies, how much time you had to take off work, names and addresses, and other information are crucial for winning a personal injury claim. We need to be able to justify financial damages.
- What should I ask my lawyer? The choice of a law firm is important, so you need to ask some questions before hiring one. For example, Do you have experience with this specific accident claim? Are you willing to take the case in front of a judge and jury? What's your fee? How much can I win? How long will the claim take to settle? Do I have a case if I'm partially at-fault? What do you think my chances of winning are? Why? You need to know as much as you can before making this very important decision.
Check out the other types of claims we take on in Glen Carbon, IL?
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
Glen Carbon, IL Personal Injury Lawyer
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are ready and willing to fight your case. A serious injury can have enduring effects, like financial hardship, losing time off work, and other pressure on your family. It's our job at HK Law to provide next-level legal representation to victims and their families. Don't hesitate to contact a personal injury lawyer in Glen Carbon, IL now for a no-risk, no-obligation consultation.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: