Personal Injury Lawyer Marlborough, MO
Contact Us for a No-obligation Consultation if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in Marlborough, MO. Halvorsen Klote provides expert legal representation for those injured through no fault of their own in Marlborough, the Metro St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands how difficult it is to deal with a personal injury claim if you or a loved one have been injured, you're losing wages from not being able to work, and if the medical bills are piling up. It's crucial that our team provides effective representation to each and every client. If you'd like to discuss your claim with Halvorsen Klote to understand your options, don't wait to contact us or call as at 866-382-4167 to speak to Halvorsen Klote's personal injury attorneys now.
Personal Injury Claims in Marlborough, MO
Every year, more than 97.9 million people go to the emergency room and 24.8 million go to a physician for accidents or unintentional injuries, and there are over 200,000 accidental deaths, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. This could include traffic-related accidents, slips and falls, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that end up being fatal. It is important for victims and their families to consult with a personal injury lawyer without delay. An experienced Marlborough, MO personal injury lawyer is a great resource for legal advice in the event of an accident.
Common Personal Injury Claims in Marlborough, MO
If you were injured in a auto accident in Marlborough, MO, sustained an overuse injury at work, or were not given proper care by a doctor, you might be entitled to compensation. It is our goal at Halvorsen Klote to help those injured by someone else in the Marlborough area. Read what previous clients have to say about us on the testimonials page.
Our Marlborough, MO personal injury lawyer firm has experience with a number of different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With more than 35,000 traffic-related deaths pear year and over 6 million accidents, automobile accidents make up 60% of injury claims that go to trial.
- Work-Related Injuries — Employment injuries can include exposure to electricity, insufficient training, falls, fires and related accidents.
- Dog Bites — Almost 5 million people suffer from dog bites annually in the U.S.. Dog bites are dangerous for adults and children. A dog bite leads to mental trauma, disfigurement, deep tissue issues and other injuries. Your Marlborough, MO personal injury Lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will likely pursue a strict liability claim against the person controlling the dog.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death suits in Illinois and Missouri are eligible for the closest immediate family members. There are several different damages you can be reimbursed for in a wrongful death lawsuit, including loss of support and lost earnings.
- Other Claims — Boating accidents, slip and fall, pedestrian accidents and other bodily injuries may qualify for a personal injury claim in Missouri or Illinois.
Personal Injury Damages in Marlborough, MO
Depending on what state you're in, you may be able to collect a number of different damages. Both special damages and general damages factor in medical bills, pain and suffering, lost wages or losing the ability to work, and others. Halvorsen Klote also seeks out-of-pocket costs (rental cars, home assistance, etc.), property damage, and any other financial damages. We fight until there is no money left on the table.
A personal injury lawyer is usually the only way to get fair compensation after an injury. Our firm will assist with any medical issues, negotiate with insurers, and help you gather police documentation if necessary. It's imperative to be proactive after an accident, even if it's a wrongful death case or you are suffering financial and medical hardship. Each state stipulated its own statute of limitations, which limits how long you have to file a claim.
Find out more about your rights and the personal injury process with our FAQs. It's important for us to provide a high level of legal representation to injury victims and their families. Accidents are now the leading cause of death for people under 35, and millions of people are hurt on the job, at home, or in stores and many other places every year.
Marlborough, MO Personal Injury Lawyer: FAQs
To get fairly compensated, you're (with the help of an attorney) going to need to accomplish a few things. To make a successful personal injury claim, you're going to have to prove negligence, cause in fact, fault and financial, emotional and physical losses. Below are a few questions to ask a personal injury lawyer before you retain their services:
- How much does a personal injury lawyer cost? Our attorneys do not charge any up-front fees. Put simply, our Marlborough, MO personal injury lawyers are paid with a portion of any case victory — called a contingency fee — and you don't pay unless we win.
- What should I do after an accident? It's important to go to a hospital or see your doctor. Medical records are extremely important evidence. Even if an injury does not seem serious, having a written document will help your case.
- How much is my case worth? There are a number of variables when you calculate economic and noneconomic damages. Damages can include medical treatment and rehabilitation, property damage, loss of income, pain and suffering, inability, lost earning potential, and others.
- What do I need to give my lawyer? The more information the better. Any witness testimonies, the name of the ambulance company, medical records, names, dates, phone numbers, pictures, expenses, and other material go a long way in a personal injury case. This documentation helps us justify financial damages.
- What other questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? There's a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What's your fee? What is the monetary value of my claim? How long will the claim take to settle? Do I have a case if I'm partially at-fault? Do you believe in my case? Why? Again, the more information the better.
Take a look at the other types of claims we handle in Marlborough, MO?
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are ready and willing to fight your case. A catastrophic injury can have lasting effects, like financial hardship, not being able to hold down a job, and other pressure on your family. It's our job at HK Law to provide the same standard of high-quality legal advocacy insurance companies have to victims and their families. Don't hesitate to contact a personal injury lawyer in Marlborough, MO now for a free consultation.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: