Personal Injury Lawyer O'Fallon, MO
Contact Us for a Free Case Evaluation if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in O'Fallon, MO. Halvorsen Klote provides expert legal representation for clients in O'Fallon, the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands how difficult it is to deal with a personal injury claim if you or a loved one have been injured, you can't work, and if the medical bills are piling up. We take a client-centered approach and offer the same high quality legal advocacy large insurance companies have. Call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a no-risk, no-obligation consultation.
Personal Injury Claims in O'Fallon, MO
There are over 97.9 million urgent care visits and 24.8 million physician office visits for unintentional injuries, and more than 200,000 unintentional deaths in the U.S. each year. This includes car and truck accidents, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that lead to death. It is important for victims and their families to seek out legal counsel as soon as possible. A knowledgeable O'Fallon, MO personal injury lawyer will know how to best move forward and seek a financial recovery for your injuries.
Personal Injury Cases We Take on in O'Fallon, MO
If you were injured in a traffic-related accident in O'Fallon, MO, were hurt on the job, or slipped and fell at the store, you might be entitled to compensation. Halvorsen Klote's attorneys have committed their practice to helping personal injury victims and their families in the O'Fallon area. Learn more about Halvorsen Klote's history and success on the testimonials page.
Our O'Fallon, MO personal injury lawyer firm has experience with numerous different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With more than 35,000 traffic-related fatalities pear year and hundreds of thousands of accidents, auto-related accidents make up 60% of injury claims that go to trial.
- Work-Related Accidents — Employer negligence can include being struck by an object, poor training, falls, explosions and related accidents.
- Dog Bites — More than 4.5 million people are bitten by dogs annually in the United States. Dog bites are dangerous for adults and children. A dog bite leads to emotional distress, disfigurement, gashes and other injuries. Dog bites in O'Fallon, MO fall under strict liability, meaning a dog owner is liable for their dog's actions regardless of if they were negligent or not.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death lawsuits in Illinois and Missouri are usually filed by a family member or spouse. There are several different damages you can be reimbursed for in a wrongful death lawsuit, including loss of companionship and lost earnings.
- Other Claims — Swimming pool accidents, slip and fall, pedestrian accidents and other bodily injuries may qualify for a personal injury claim in Missouri or Illinois.
Personal Injury Damages in O'Fallon, MO
A variety of compensation is available in personal injury claims. Both special damages and general damages factor in medical costs, pain and suffering, money lost from not being to work or lost earning capacity, and others. Halvorsen Klote also considers out-of-pocket expenses (transportation, childcare, etc.), property damage, and any other financial loss due to negligence. We fight until there is no money left on the table.
A personal injury lawyer is often the only way to get fair compensation after an accident. Our firm will help you get full medical care, make the insurance company be fair, and gather the evidence necessary to demonstrate negligence by the liable party. It's critical not to wait to take action after an accident, even if you are grieving a lost loved one or the financial and physical consequences of your injury are devastating. Each state has its own statute of limitations, which limits how long you have to file a claim.
Find out more about your rights and the legal process with our FAQs. We pride ourselves on providing a high level of legal representation to those injured through no fault of their own. Accidents are now the leading cause of death for people under 35, and millions of people are hurt on the job, on private property, or in vehicles and everywhere else every year.
O'Fallon, MO Personal Injury Lawyer: Frequently Asked Questions
To get fairly compensated, you're (with the help of an attorney) going to need to accomplish several things. To make a successful personal injury claim, you're going to have to prove how the other party caused your injuries, cause in fact, fault and financial, emotional and physical losses. Below are a few questions to ask a personal injury lawyer before you hire them:
- How much does a personal injury lawyer cost? You do not have to pay anything up-front to retain our services. Put simply, our O'Fallon, MO personal injury lawyers are paid with a percentage of any case victory — called a contingency fee — and you only pay if there is a successful resolution to your claim.
- If I'm injured, what do I need to do? The first step is to get medical assistance. Medical records are very important when you're filing a claim and trying to get reimbursed. Even if an injury seems minor, some injuries do not reveal themselves immediately, and delaying treatment could hurt your case.
- How much is my case worth? There are a lot of factors to consider when you figure out the economic and noneconomic damages. Damages may include things like lost earning potential, pain and suffering, medical bills, loss of consortium, loss of ability to enjoy life, and others.
- What information do I need to give my attorney? The more information the better. Pictures of the accident, witness testimonies, how much time you had to take off work, names and addresses, and other information are crucial for winning a personal injury claim. We need to be able to justify financial damages.
- What should I ask my lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What's your fee? What is the monetary value of my claim? How long will the claim take to settle? What if I was partially responsible for the accident? Do you believe in my case? Why? Again, the more information the better.
Check out the other types of cases we handle in O'Fallon, MO?
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are ready and willing to fight your case. A catastrophic injury can have enduring consequences, like financial losses, losing time off work, and other hardships for you and the people you love most. It's our job at HK Law to provide the same standard of high-quality legal advocacy insurance companies have to victims and their families. Don't hesitate to contact a personal injury lawyer in O'Fallon, MO now for a no-risk, no-obligation case evaluation.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: