Personal Injury Lawyer Wardsville, MO
Call for a No-Risk Case Review if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in Wardsville, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents the injured in Wardsville, the Metro St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands how difficult it is to deal with a personal injury claim if you or a family member have been injured, you can't work, and if the medical bills are piling up. We take a client-centered approach and offer the same high quality legal advocacy large insurance companies have. If you'd like to go over your claim with Halvorsen Klote to learn more, don't wait to contact us or call as at 866-382-4167 to speak to Halvorsen Klote's personal injury attorneys now.
Personal Injury Claims in Wardsville, MO
Every year, more than 97.9 million people go to the emergency room and 24.8 million go to a physician for accidents or unintentional injuries, and there are over 200,000 accidental deaths, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. This includes car and truck accidents, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that lead to death. It's important for victims and their families to consult with a personal injury lawyer as soon as they're able to. A talented Wardsville, MO personal injury lawyer will know how to best move forward and seek compensation for your injuries.
Common Personal Injury Claims in Wardsville, MO
If you were injured in a traffic-related accident in Wardsville, MO, were hurt on the job, or were bitten by a neighbor's dog, you might have a personal injury case. Halvorsen Klote's attorneys have dedicated their practice to helping those injured through no fault of their own in the Wardsville area. Our personal injury lawyer team has won millions for victims and their families.
Our Wardsville, MO personal injury lawyer firm has experience with numerous different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With over 35,000 car crash fatalities pear year and over 6 million accidents, automobile accidents make up 60% of personal injury claims.
- Work-Related Accidents — Employment injuries can include exposure to electricity, insufficient training, slip and falls, fires, overexertion and more.
- Dog Bites — More than 4.5 million people suffer from dog bites annually in the U.S.. Dog bites are a serious concern for adults and children. A dog bite leads to emotional anguish, disfigurement, deep tissue issues and other injuries. Dog bites in Wardsville, MO fall under strict liability, meaning a dog owner is liable for their dog's actions regardless of their actions.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death lawsuits in Illinois and Missouri are eligible for the closest immediate family members. You can receive compensation for numerous factors in a wrongful death claim, including loss of guidance and lost earnings.
- Other Claims — Swimming pool accidents, slip and fall, bicycle accidents and other incidents may mean you are entitled to compensation in Missouri or Illinois.
What Damages Can I Receive for My Wardsville, MO Personal Injury Claim?
A variety of compensation is available in personal injury claims. Both special damages and general damages take into account medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages or lost earning capacity, and inability to enjoy life. Halvorsen Klote also considers out-of-pocket expenses (transportation to and from medical appointments, home assistance, etc.), property damage, and any other financial damages. There's a lot of ways our firm can help.
A personal injury lawyer is often the only way to get maximum compensation after an accident. Our firm will assist with any medical issues, negotiate with insurers, and gather the evidence necessary to prove your claim. It's important to be proactive after an accident, even if you have lost a family member or you are suffering financial and medical hardship. Each state stipulated its own statute of limitations, which limits how long you have to file a claim.
You can learn more about personal injury law in our FAQs. It's important for us to provide a high level of professionalism to injury victims and their families. Accidents are now the leading cause of death for people under 35, and hundreds of thousands of people are hurt at work, on private property, or in restaurants and everywhere else every year.
Wardsville, MO Personal Injury Lawyer: Frequently Asked Questions
There are several things that need to get done if you want to win an injury case. To make a successful personal injury claim, you and your lawyer have to prove how the other party is liable, cause in fact, fault and financial damages. Below are a few questions you might ask about your claim:
- How much does a personal injury lawyer cost? Our attorneys do not charge any up-front fees. Put simply, our Wardsville, MO personal injury lawyers are paid with a percentage of any case victory — called a contingency fee — and you don't pay unless we win.
- What should I do after an accident? It's important to go to a hospital or see your primary care physician. Medical records are very important when you're filing a claim and hoping to win a settlement. Even if you do not have serious symptoms, having a written document will help your case.
- How much can I win after an accident? How much money you receive will depend on your injuries impacted your life. Damages may include medical treatment and physical therapy, property loss, loss of income, pain and suffering, inability, lost earning potential, and others.
- What do I need to give my lawyer? The more information the better. Any witness testimonies, the name of the ambulance company, medical records, names, dates, phone numbers, pictures, expenses, and other material go a long way in a personal injury case. This documentation helps us justify financial damages.
- What should I ask my lawyer? There's a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Do you have experience with this specific accident claim? Do you go to trial? How much or a percentage do you charge? What is the monetary value of my claim? How long will the claim take to settle? What if I was partially responsible for the accident? What do you think my chances of winning are? Why? You need to know as much as you can before moving forward.
Check out the other types of claims we handle in Wardsville, MO?
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
Wardsville, MO Personal Injury Lawyer
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are dedicated to helping people when they're at their most vulnerable. A serious injury can have enduring effects, like financial hardship, losing time off work, and other pressure on you and the people you love most. It's our job at HK Law to provide the same standard of high-quality legal advocacy insurance companies have to victims and their families. Don't hesitate to contact a personal injury lawyer in Wardsville, MO now for a no-risk, no-obligation case evaluation.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: