Personal Injury Lawyer Union, MO
Contact Us for a Free Consultation if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in Union, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in Union, the Metro St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands how difficult it is to deal with a personal injury claim if you or someone you love have been injured, you can't work, and if the medical bills are piling up. We take a client-centered approach and offer the same high quality legal advocacy large insurance companies have. Call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a no-risk, no-obligation consultation.
Personal Injury Claims in Union, MO
There are over 97.9 million emergency room visits and 24.8 million physician office visits for unintentional injuries, and more than 200,000 unintentional deaths in the U.S. each year. Common accidents and injuries are car and truck accidents, slip and falls, and other injuries that lead to death. It is important for victims and their families to consult with a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. A talented Union, MO personal injury lawyer will know how to best move forward and seek compensation for your injuries.
Personal Injury Cases We Take on in Union, MO
If you were injured in a motor vehicle accident in Union, MO, were hurt on the job, or were bitten by a neighbor's dog, you might be eligible compensation. Halvorsen Klote's attorneys have committed themselves to helping personal injury victims and their families in the Union area. Learn more about Halvorsen Klote's history and success on the testimonials page.
Our Union, MO personal injury lawyer firm can handle many different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With over 35,000 car crash fatalities every year and over 6 million accidents, auto-related accidents are by far the most common personal injury claim.
- Work-Related Injuries — Employment injuries can include exposure to electricity, insufficient training, falls, fires and related accidents.
- Dog Bites — More than 4.5 million people suffer from dog bites each year in the U.S.. Dog bites are dangerous for people of all ages. A dog bite leads to emotional anguish, disfigurement, gashes and other injuries. Dog bites in Union, MO fall under strict liability, which means that a dog owner is responsible for their dog's actions regardless of if they were negligent or not.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death cases in Illinois and Missouri are usually filed by a family member or spouse. You are eligible for compensation for numerous factors in a wrongful death case, including loss of benefits and lost earnings.
- Other Claims — Swimming pool accidents, slip and fall, nursing home abuse and other incidents may mean you are entitled to compensation in Missouri or Illinois.
Personal Injury Damages in Union, MO
A variety of compensation is available in personal injury claims. Both special damages and general damages factor in medical costs, pain and suffering, lost wages or losing the ability to work, and others. Halvorsen Klote also makes claims for out-of-pocket expenses (transportation to and from medical appointments, a nanny, etc.), damage to your vehicle, and any other financial, physical or emotional damages. There's a lot of ways our firm can help.
If you want to get a full financial recovery after an injury, you need to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will help you get full medical care, make the insurance company be fair, and help you gather police documentation if necessary. It's imperative to be proactive after an accident, even if you are grieving a lost loved one or you are suffering financial and medical hardship. Each state has put into place its own statute of limitations, which the timeline for how quickly an injury claim must be filed.
Find out more about your rights and the legal process with our FAQs. We pride ourselves on providing a high level of legal representation to injury victims and their families. Accidents are now the 5th leading cause of death, and millions of people are hurt on the job, at home, or in cars and everywhere else every year.
Union, MO Personal Injury Lawyer: FAQs
There are several things that need to get done if you want to win an injury case. To make a successful personal injury claim, you and your lawyer have to prove how the other party is liable, cause in fact, fault and financial, emotional and physical losses. Here are a few questions victims often ask about their situation:
- Can I afford a personal injury lawyer? Halvorsen Klote does not charge any up-front fees. Put simply, our Union, MO personal injury lawyers take a percentage of any case victory — called a contingency fee — and you don't pay unless we win.
- What should I do after an accident? The first step is to get medical assistance. Medical records are very important evidence. Even if you do not have serious symptoms, some injuries do not reveal themselves immediately, and delaying treatment could hurt your case.
- How much can I win after an accident? There are a number of variables when you calculate special and general damages. Damages may include medical treatment and physical therapy, property loss, loss of income, pain and suffering, emotional distress, lost earning potential, and others.
- What information do I need to give my attorney? It's important to keep track of everything. Any witness testimonies, the name of the ambulance company, medical records, names, dates, phone numbers, pictures, expenses, and other material go a long way in a personal injury case. This documentation helps us justify financial damages.
- What other questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? There's a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What's your fee? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement? What if I was partially at-fault? What do you think my chances of winning are? Why? Again, the more information the better.
Check out the other types of cases we take on in Union, MO?
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
Contact A Personal Injury Lawyer in Union, MO Now
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are ready and willing to fight your case. A serious injury can have long-lasting effects, like financial losses, not being able to hold down a job, and other pressure on you and the people you love most. It's our job at HK Law to provide the same standard of high-quality legal advocacy insurance companies have to victims and their families. Don't wait to contact a personal injury lawyer in Union, MO now for a complimentary case evaluation.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: