Personal Injury Lawyer Hazelwood, MO
Call for a No-Risk Consultation if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in Hazelwood, MO. Halvorsen Klote provides expert legal representation for those injured through no fault of their own in Hazelwood, the Metro St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands how difficult it is to deal with a personal injury claim if you or a family member have been injured, your injuries are keeping away from work, and if an injury has put you in a tough financial situation. We take a client-centered approach and offer the same high quality legal advocacy large insurance companies have. If you'd like to discuss your claim with Halvorsen Klote to understand your options, don't hesitate to contact us or call as at 866-382-4167 to speak to Halvorsen Klote's personal injury attorneys now.
Personal Injury Claims in Hazelwood, MO
There are more than 97.9 million emergency room visits and 24.8 million physician office visits for unintentional injuries, and more than 200,000 unintentional deaths in the U.S. each year. This could include traffic-related accidents, slips and falls, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that end up being fatal. It's important for victims and their families to consult with a personal injury lawyer as soon as they're able to. A dedicated Hazelwood, MO personal injury lawyer will know how to best move forward and seek compensation for your injuries.
Common Personal Injury Claims in Hazelwood, MO
If you have been in a auto accident in Hazelwood, MO, sustained an overuse injury at work, or slipped and fell at the store, you might have a personal injury case. Halvorsen Klote's attorneys have committed their practice to helping those injured by someone else in the Hazelwood area. Read what previous clients have to say about us on the testimonials page.
Our Hazelwood, MO personal injury lawyer firm can handle a number of different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With more than 35,000 traffic-related fatalities every year and hundreds of thousands of accidents, auto-related accidents make up 60% of tort trials.
- Work-Related Accidents — Company negligence can include faulty equipment, insufficient training, slip and falls, fires, overexertion and more.
- Dog Bites — More than 4.5 million people are bitten by dogs annually in the U.S.. Dog bites are a serious concern for adults and children. A dog bite can cause emotional trauma, scarring, lacerations and other injuries. Your Hazelwood, MO personal injury Lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will likely pursue a strict liability claim against the person controlling the dog.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death cases in Illinois and Missouri are usually filed by the closest immediate family members. You are eligible for compensation for numerous factors in a wrongful death claim, including loss of support and loss of consortium.
- Other Claims — ATV accidents, slip and fall, pedestrian accidents and other incidents may qualify for a personal injury claim in Missouri or Illinois.
What Damages Can I Receive for My Hazelwood, MO Personal Injury Claim?
Depending on what state you're in, you may be able to collect a number of different damages. Both special damages and general damages factor in medical costs, pain and suffering, money lost from not being to work or lost earning capacity, and inability to enjoy life. Halvorsen Klote also makes claims for out-of-pocket expenses (rental cars, home assistance, etc.), damage to your vehicle, and any other financial loss due to injury. There's a lot of ways our firm can help.
A personal injury lawyer is usually the only way to get maximum compensation after an injury. Our firm will assist with any medical issues, make the insurance company be fair, and gather the evidence necessary to demonstrate negligence by the liable party. It's important not to wait to take action after an accident, even if you have lost a family member or you are suffering financial and medical hardship. Each state has its own statute of limitations, which limits how long you have to file a claim.
You can learn more about personal injury law in our FAQs. It's important for us to provide a high level of professionalism to injury victims and their families. Accidents are now the leading cause of death for people under 35, and hundreds of thousands of people are seriously injured at work, on private property, or in cars and many other places every year.
Hazelwood, MO Personal Injury Lawyer: Frequently Asked Questions
You and your lawyer need to do a few things if you want to get compensation. To win a tort (injury) case, you're going to have to prove negligence, causation, fault and how the injury has affected you financially, emotionally and physically. Below are a few questions victims often ask about their situation:
- Can I afford a personal injury lawyer? Our attorneys do not charge any up-front fees. Put simply, our Hazelwood, MO personal injury lawyers are paid with a portion of the final compensation you recover — called a contingency fee — and you don't pay unless we win.
- What should I do after an accident? It's important to go to a hospital or see your primary care physician. Medical records are extremely important if you are filing a claim and hoping to get reimbursed. Even if you do not have serious symptoms, having a written document will help your case.
- How much can I win after an accident? There are a lot of factors to consider when you calculate special and general damages. Damages can include medical treatment and rehabilitation, property loss, loss of income, pain and suffering, inability, lost earning potential, and others.
- What information do I need to give my attorney? The more information the better. Any witness testimonies, the name of the ambulance company, medical records, names, dates, phone numbers, pictures, expenses, and other material go a long way in a personal injury case. This documentation helps us justify financial damages.
- What should I ask my lawyer? There's a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? How much or a percentage do you charge? What is the monetary value of my claim? How long does it take to get a settlement? Do I have a case if I'm partially at-fault? What do you think my chances of winning are? Why? You need to know as much as you can before moving forward.
Check out the other types of cases we handle in Hazelwood, MO?
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are ready and willing to fight your case. A catastrophic injury can have enduring consequences, like financial hardship, not being able to hold down a job, and other pressure on your family. It's our job at HK Law to provide the same standard of high-quality legal advocacy insurance companies have to victims and their families. Don't wait to contact a personal injury lawyer in Hazelwood, MO now for a no-risk, no-obligation consultation.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: