Personal Injury Lawyer Sedalia, MO
Call for a Complimentary Case Evaluation if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in Sedalia, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents those injured through no fault of their own in Sedalia, the Metro St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands how difficult it is to deal with a personal injury claim if you or someone you love have been injured, your injuries are keeping away from work, and if the medical bills are piling up. We take a client-centered approach and offer the same high quality legal advocacy large insurance companies have. Call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case evaluation.
Personal Injury Claims in Sedalia, MO
There are more than 97.9 million urgent care visits and 24.8 million physician office visits for unintentional injuries, and more than 200,000 unintentional deaths in the U.S. each year. This could include traffic-related accidents, slips and falls, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that end up being fatal. It's important for survivors to consult with a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. An experienced Sedalia, MO personal injury lawyer is a great resource for legal advice in the event of an accident.
Common Personal Injury Claims in Sedalia, MO
If you have been in a traffic-related accident in Sedalia, MO, sustained an overuse injury at work, or slipped and fell at the store, you might be eligible compensation. It is our goal at Halvorsen Klote to help those injured by someone else in the Sedalia area. Learn more about Halvorsen Klote's history and success on the testimonials page.
Our Sedalia, MO personal injury lawyer firm can handle numerous different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With more than 35,000 traffic-related fatalities pear year and over 6 million accidents, auto-related accidents make up 60% of injury claims that go to trial.
- Work-Related Injuries — Employer negligence can include faulty equipment, insufficient training, falls, fires and related accidents.
- Dog Bites — More than 4.5 million people suffer from dog bites annually nationwide. Dog bites are dangerous for people of all ages. A dog bite can cause mental distress, disfigurement, puncture wounds and other injuries. Dog bites in Sedalia, MO fall under strict liability, meaning a dog owner is responsible for their dog's actions regardless of their actions.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death lawsuits in Illinois and Missouri are eligible for a family member or spouse. You are eligible for compensation for a wide range of factors in a wrongful death case, including loss of guidance and funeral expenses.
- Other Claims — Boating accidents, medical malpractice, bicycle accidents and other incidents may qualify for a personal injury claim in Missouri or Illinois.
What Compensation Can I Receive for My Sedalia, MO Personal Injury Claim?
A variety of compensation is available in personal injury claims. Both special damages and general damages factor in medical costs, pain and suffering, lost wages or lost earning capacity, and others. Halvorsen Klote also seeks out-of-pocket expenses (transportation, home assistance, etc.), damage to your vehicle, and any other financial damages. There's a lot of ways our firm can help.
If you want to get a full financial recovery after an injury, it's crucial to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will help you get full medical care, negotiate with insurers, and help you gather police documentation if necessary. It's imperative not to wait to take action after an accident, even if you have lost a family member or the financial and physical consequences of your injury are devastating. Each state has put into place its own statute of limitations, which limits how long you have to file a claim.
You can learn more about personal injury law in our FAQs. It's important for us to provide a high level of professionalism to injury victims and their families. Accidents are now the 5th leading cause of death, and millions of people are hurt at work, on private property, or in cars and everywhere else every year.
Sedalia, MO Personal Injury Lawyer: Frequently Asked Questions
To get fairly compensated, you're (with the help of an attorney) going to need to accomplish several things. To win a tort (injury) case, you're going to have to prove how the other party caused your injuries, cause in fact, fault and financial, emotional and physical losses. Below are a few questions victims often ask about their situation:
- Can I afford a personal injury lawyer? Our attorneys do not charge any up-front fees. Put simply, our Sedalia, MO personal injury lawyers take a portion of any case victory — called a contingency fee — and you only pay if there is a successful resolution to your claim.
- What should I do after an accident? It's important to go to a hospital or see your doctor. Medical records are extremely important evidence. Even if an injury seems minor, having a written document will help your case.
- How much can I win after an accident? There are a number of factors to consider when you calculate economic and noneconomic damages. Damages can include things like lost income potential, pain and suffering, medical expenses, loss of consortium, loss of ability to enjoy life, and others.
- What do I need to give my lawyer? The more information the better. Pictures of the accident, witness testimonies, how much time you had to take off work, names and addresses, and other information are crucial for winning a personal injury claim. We need to be able to justify financial damages.
- What should I ask my lawyer? There's a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Are you willing to go to trial? How much or a percentage do you charge? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement? Do I have a case if I'm partially at-fault? Do you believe in my case? Why? You need to know as much as you can before making this very important decision.
Check out the other types of claims we handle in Sedalia, MO?
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Sedalia, MO Personal Injury Lawyer
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are dedicated to helping those who need it most. A catastrophic injury can have enduring effects, like financial hardship, losing time off work, and other pressure on you and the people you love most. It's our job at HK Law to provide the same standard of high-quality legal advocacy insurance companies have to victims and their families. Don't wait to contact a personal injury lawyer in Sedalia, MO now for a no-risk, no-obligation case review.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: