Personal Injury Lawyer Chamois, MO
Contact Us for a Complimentary Consultation if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in Chamois, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in Chamois, the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands how difficult it is to deal with a personal injury claim if you or someone you love have been injured, you're losing wages from not being able to work, and if the medical bills are piling up. We take a client-centered approach and offer the same high quality legal advocacy large insurance companies have. Call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free consultation.
Personal Injury Claims in Chamois, MO
Every year, more than 97.9 million people go to the emergency room and 24.8 million go to a physician for accidents or unintentional injuries, and there are over 200,000 accidental deaths, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. This includes car and truck accidents, slip and falls, and other injuries that lead to death. It is important for victims and their families to consult with a personal injury lawyer as soon as they're able to. An experienced Chamois, MO personal injury lawyer is a great resource of legal advice in the event of an accident.
Common Personal Injury Claims in Chamois, MO
If you were injured in a car or truck accident in Chamois, MO, weren't totally compensated at your job, or were not given proper care by a doctor, you might be eligible compensation. Halvorsen Klote's attorneys have dedicated their careers to helping those injured by someone else in the Chamois area. Read what previous clients have to say about us on the testimonials page.
Our Chamois, MO personal injury lawyer firm has experience with many different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With more than 35,000 motor vehicle crash fatalities every year and over 6 million accidents, automobile accidents are by far the most common personal injury claim.
- Work-Related Accidents — Employer negligence can include faulty equipment, insufficient training, falls, explosions, overexertion and more.
- Dog Bites — More than 4.5 million people suffer from dog bites annually nationwide. Dog bites are a serious concern for people of all ages. A dog bite leads to mental trauma, scarring, deep tissue issues and other injuries. Dog bites in Chamois, MO fall under strict liability, which means that a dog owner is responsible for their dog's actions regardless of if they were negligent or not.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death claims in Illinois and Missouri are eligible for a family member or spouse. There are several different damages you can be reimbursed for in a wrongful death lawsuit, including loss of benefits and funeral expenses.
- Other Claims — Boating accidents, medical malpractice, bicycle accidents and other bodily injuries may qualify for a personal injury claim in Missouri or Illinois.
Personal Injury Damages in Chamois, MO
Depending on what state you're in, you may be able to collect a number of different damages. Both special damages and general damages take into account medical costs, pain and suffering, money lost from not being to work or losing the ability to work, and inability to enjoy life. Halvorsen Klote also considers out-of-pocket expenses (transportation, childcare, etc.), property damage, and any other financial damages. We fight until there is no money left on the table.
A personal injury lawyer is usually the only way to get maximum compensation after an injury. Our firm will assist with any medical issues, make the insurance company be fair, and gather the evidence necessary to demonstrate negligence by the liable party. It's imperative not to wait to take action after an accident, even if you are grieving a lost loved one or you are suffering financial and medical hardship. Each state has put into place its own statute of limitations, which limits how long you have to file a claim.
You can learn more about personal injury law in our FAQs. We pride ourselves on providing a high level of legal representation to injury victims and their families. Accidents are now the 5th leading cause of death, and millions of people are seriously injured on the job, at home, or in cars and many other places every year.
Chamois, MO Personal Injury Lawyer: FAQs
To get fairly compensated, you're (with the help of an attorney) going to need to accomplish a few things. To make a successful personal injury claim, you and your lawyer have to prove negligence, cause in fact, fault and financial damages. Below are a few questions victims often ask about their situation:
- Can I afford a personal injury lawyer? You do not have to pay anything up-front to retain our services. Put simply, our Chamois, MO personal injury lawyers take a portion of the final compensation you recover — called a contingency fee — and you don't pay unless we win.
- What should I do after an accident? The first step is to get medical assistance. Medical records are very important evidence. Even if you do not have serious symptoms, some injuries do not reveal themselves immediately, and delaying treatment could hurt your case.
- How much can I win after an accident? There are a lot of factors to consider when you calculate economic and noneconomic damages. Damages can include things like lost earning potential, pain and suffering, medical expenses, loss of consortium, loss of ability to enjoy life, and others.
- What do I need to give my lawyer? The more information the better. Pictures of the accident, witness testimonies, how much time you had to take off work, names and addresses, and other information are crucial for winning a personal injury claim. We need to be able to justify financial damages.
- What should I ask my lawyer? The choice of a law firm is important, so you need to ask some questions before hiring one. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? How much or a percentage do you charge? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement? Do I have a case if I'm partially at-fault? Do you believe in my case? Why? Again, the more information the better.
Check out the other types of cases we handle in Chamois, MO?
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Contact A Personal Injury Lawyer in Chamois, MO Now
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are ready and willing to fight your case. A catastrophic injury can have enduring consequences, like financial losses, not being able to hold down a job, and other pressure on your family. It's our job at HK Law to provide the same standard of high-quality legal advocacy insurance companies have to victims and their families. Don't hesitate to contact a personal injury lawyer in Chamois, MO now for a free consultation.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: