Personal Injury Lawyer Moberly, MO
Contact Us for a Free Case Review if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in Moberly, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents those injured through no fault of their own in Moberly, the Metro St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands how difficult it is to deal with a personal injury claim if you or someone you love have been injured, you're losing wages from not being able to work, and if an injury has put a strain on your finances. We take a client-centered approach and offer the same high quality legal advocacy large insurance companies have. Call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a no-risk, no-obligation consultation.
Personal Injury Claims in Moberly, MO
Every year, more than 97.9 million people go to the emergency room and 24.8 million go to a physician for accidents or unintentional injuries, and there are over 200,000 unintentional deaths, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. This includes car and truck accidents, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that lead to death. It's important for victims and their families to seek out legal counsel without delay. An experienced Moberly, MO personal injury lawyer is a great resource of legal advice in the event of an accident.
Personal Injury Cases We Take on in Moberly, MO
If you have been in a motor vehicle accident in Moberly, MO, sustained an overuse injury at work, or were not given proper care by a doctor, you might have a personal injury case. It is our goal at Halvorsen Klote to help personal injury victims and their families in the Moberly area. Learn more about Halvorsen Klote's history and success on the testimonials page.
Our Moberly, MO personal injury lawyer firm takes on numerous different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With over 35,000 car crash fatalities every year and millions of accidents, automobile accidents are by far the most common personal injury claim.
- Work-Related Injuries — Employer negligence can include exposure to electricity, insufficient training, falls, fires, overexertion and more.
- Dog Bites — More than 4.5 million people are bitten by dogs annually nationwide. Dog bites are dangerous for adults and children. A dog bite can cause mental anguish, scarring, puncture wounds and other injuries. Dog bites in Moberly, MO fall under strict liability, which means that a dog owner is liable for what their dog does regardless of their actions.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death lawsuits in Illinois and Missouri are eligible for a family member or spouse. There are several different damages you can be reimbursed for in a wrongful death lawsuit, including loss of guidance and lost earnings.
- Other Claims — Swimming pool accidents, medical malpractice, pedestrian accidents and other incidents may mean you are entitled to compensation in Missouri or Illinois.
Personal Injury Damages in Moberly, MO
Depending on what state you're in, you may be able to collect a number of different damages. Both special damages and general damages take into account medical expenses, pain and suffering, money lost from not being to work or losing the ability to work, and others. Halvorsen Klote also fights for out-of-pocket costs (transportation to and from medical appointments, daycare, etc.), property damage, and any other financial loss due to negligence. There's a lot of ways our firm can help.
If you want to get the most compensation possible after an injury, you need to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will help you get full medical care, make the insurance company be fair, and help you gather police documentation if necessary. It's imperative not to wait to take action after an accident, even if it's a wrongful death case or you are suffering financial and medical hardship. Each state has its own statute of limitations, which the timeline for how quickly an injury claim must be filed.
Find out more about your rights and the claims process with our FAQs. We pride ourselves on providing a high level of professionalism to injury victims and their families. Accidental injuries are now the 5th leading cause of death, and millions of people are seriously injured on the job, at home or at their friend's house, or in stores and everywhere else every year.
Moberly, MO Personal Injury Lawyer: FAQs
You and your lawyer need to do a few things if you want to get compensation. To make a successful personal injury claim, you're going to have to prove how the other party caused your injuries, causation, fault and financial, emotional and physical losses. Below are a few questions you might ask about your claim:
- Can I afford a personal injury lawyer? Halvorsen Klote does not charge any up-front fees. Put simply, our Moberly, MO personal injury lawyers take a portion of the final compensation you recover — called a contingency fee — and you don't pay unless we win.
- What should I do after an accident? It's important to go to a hospital or see your doctor. Medical records are very important evidence. Even if an injury seems minor, some injuries do not reveal themselves immediately, and delaying treatment could hurt your case.
- How much is my case worth? How much money you receive will depend on your injuries impacted your life. Damages may include medical treatment and physical therapy, property loss, loss of income, pain and suffering, emotional distress, lost earning potential, and others.
- What do I need to give my lawyer? It's important to keep track of everything. Pictures of the accident, witness testimonies, how much time you had to take off work, names and addresses, and other information are crucial for winning a personal injury claim. We need to be able to justify financial damages.
- What other questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? There's a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Do you have experience with this specific injury? Are you willing to take the case in front of a judge and jury? What's your fee? What is the monetary value of my claim? How long will the claim take to settle? What if I was partially responsible for the accident? What do you think my chances of winning are? Why? You need to know as much as you can before making this very important decision.
Check out the other types of cases we handle in Moberly, MO?
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Contact A Personal Injury Lawyer in Moberly, MO Now
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are dedicated to helping people when they're at their most vulnerable. A serious injury can have long-lasting consequences, like financial hardship, losing time off work, and other pressure on you and the people you love most. It's our job at HK Law to provide the same standard of high-quality legal advocacy insurance companies have to victims and their families. Don't wait to contact a personal injury lawyer in Moberly, MO now for a free case review.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: