Personal Injury Lawyer Chesterfield, MO
Contact Us for a Free Consultation if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in Chesterfield, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents those injured through another's negligence in Chesterfield, the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands the sudden and devastating consequences if you or someone you love have been injured, you're losing wages from not being able to work, and if an injury has put you in a tough financial situation. We take a client-centered approach and offer the same high quality legal advocacy large insurance companies have. Call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review.
Personal Injury Claims in Chesterfield, MO
There are more than 97.9 million emergency room visits and 24.8 million physician office visits for unintentional injuries, and more than 200,000 unintentional deaths in the U.S. each year. This could include vehicle-related accidents, slips and falls, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that end up being fatal. It's important for victims and their families to seek out legal representation as soon as possible. An experienced Chesterfield, MO personal injury lawyer will know how to best proceed and seek a financial recovery for your injuries.
Common Personal Injury Claims in Chesterfield, MO
If you have been in a traffic-related accident in Chesterfield, MO, weren't totally compensated at your job, or were not given proper care by a doctor, you might have a personal injury case. Halvorsen Klote's attorneys have committed their practice to helping those injured by someone else in the Chesterfield area. Learn more about Halvorsen Klote's history and success on the testimonials page.
Our Chesterfield, MO personal injury lawyer firm has experience with numerous different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With over 35,000 car crash deaths every year and over 6 million accidents, automobile accidents are by far the most common personal injury claim.
- Work-Related Accidents — Employment injuries can include faulty equipment, insufficient training, slip and falls, fires and related accidents.
- Dog Bites — More than 4.5 million people are bitten by dogs annually in the U.S.. Dog bites are a serious concern for people of all ages. A dog bite leads to mental trauma, scarring, gashes and other injuries. Your Chesterfield, MO personal injury Lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will likely pursue a strict liability claim against the person controlling the dog.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death suits in Illinois and Missouri are usually filed by a family member or spouse. There are several different damages you can be reimbursed for in a wrongful death case, including loss of companionship and loss of consortium.
- Other Claims — Swimming pool accidents, medical malpractice, bicycle accidents and other bodily injuries may mean you are entitled to compensation in Missouri or Illinois.
What Compensation Can I Receive for My Chesterfield, MO Personal Injury Claim?
A variety of compensation is available in personal injury claims. Both special damages and general damages take into account medical expenses, pain and suffering, money lost from not being to work or lost earning capacity, and inability to enjoy life. Halvorsen Klote also fights for out-of-pocket costs (transportation, a nanny, etc.), damage to your vehicle, and any other financial loss due to injury. We fight until there is no money left on the table.
If you want to get a full financial recovery after an injury, you need to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will assist with any medical issues, negotiate with insurers, and help you gather police documentation if necessary. It's important to be proactive after an accident, even if it's a wrongful death case or you are suffering financial and medical hardship. Each state has put into place its own statute of limitations, which the timeline for how quickly an injury claim must be filed.
You can learn more about personal injury law in our FAQs. It's important for us to provide a high level of legal representation to injury victims and their families. Accidents are now the 5th leading cause of death, and millions of people are hurt on the job, at home, or in vehicles and everywhere else every year.
Chesterfield, MO Personal Injury Lawyer: FAQs
There are several things that need to get done if you want to win an injury case. To win a tort (injury) case, you're going to have to prove how the other party caused your injuries, cause in fact, fault and how the injury has affected you financially, emotionally and physically. Here are a few questions victims often ask about their situation:
- Can I afford a personal injury lawyer? Our attorneys do not charge any up-front fees. Put simply, our Chesterfield, MO personal injury lawyers are paid with a percentage of the final compensation you recover — called a contingency fee — and you only pay if there is a successful resolution to your claim.
- What should I do after an accident? It's important to go to a hospital or see your primary care physician. Medical records are extremely important if you are filing a claim and trying to win a settlement. Even if an injury seems minor, some injuries do not reveal themselves immediately, and delaying treatment could hurt your case.
- How much is my case worth? How much money you receive will depend on your injuries impacted your life. Damages may include things like lost income potential, pain and suffering, medical expenses, loss of consortium, loss of ability to enjoy life, and others.
- What do I need to give my lawyer? It's important to keep track of everything. Pictures of the accident, witness testimonies, how much time you had to take off work, names and addresses, and other information are crucial for winning a personal injury claim. This documentation helps us justify financial damages.
- What other questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? The choice of a law firm is important, so you need to ask some questions before hiring one. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Are you willing to take the case in front of a judge and jury? What's your fee? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement? Do I have a case if I'm partially at-fault? What do you think my chances of winning are? Why? You need to know as much as you can before making this very important decision.
Take a look at the other types of cases we handle in Chesterfield, MO?
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Chesterfield, MO Personal Injury Lawyer
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are ready and willing to fight your case. A catastrophic injury can have persisting effects, like financial hardship, not being able to hold down a job, and other pressure on you and the people you love most. It's our job at HK Law to provide the same standard of high-quality legal advocacy insurance companies have to victims and their families. Don't wait to contact a personal injury lawyer in Chesterfield, MO now for a no-risk, no-obligation case review.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: