Personal Injury Lawyer Weldon Spring, MO
Call for a Complimentary Consultation if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in Weldon Spring, MO. Halvorsen Klote provides expert legal representation for clients in Weldon Spring, the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands how difficult it is to deal with a personal injury claim if you or a family member have been injured, you're losing wages from not being able to work, and if an injury has put you in a tough financial situation. We take a client-centered approach and offer the same high quality legal advocacy large insurance companies have. Call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.
Personal Injury Claims in Weldon Spring, MO
Every year, more than 97.9 million people go to the emergency room and 24.8 million go to a physician for accidents or unintentional injuries, and there are over 200,000 accidental deaths, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. This could include vehicle-related accidents, slips and falls, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that end up being fatal. It's important for victims and their families to consult with a personal injury lawyer as soon as they're able to. A talented Weldon Spring, MO personal injury lawyer is a great resource for legal advice in the event of an accident.
Common Personal Injury Claims in Weldon Spring, MO
If you have been in a auto accident in Weldon Spring, MO, sustained an overuse injury at work, or were bitten by a neighbor's dog, you might have a personal injury case. It is our goal at Halvorsen Klote to help those injured through no fault of their own in the Weldon Spring area. Learn more about Halvorsen Klote's history and success on the testimonials page.
Our Weldon Spring, MO personal injury lawyer firm specializes in numerous different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With more than 35,000 motor vehicle crash fatalities annually and hundreds of thousands of accidents, automobile accidents make up 60% of tort trials.
- Work-Related Accidents — Employment injuries can include faulty equipment, insufficient training, slip and falls, explosions and related accidents.
- Dog Bites — More than 4.5 million people are bitten by dogs each year in the United States. Dog bites are dangerous for people of all ages. A dog bite leads to emotional trauma, disfigurement, lacerations and other injuries. Your Weldon Spring, MO personal injury Lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will likely pursue a strict liability claim against the person controlling the dog.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death cases in Illinois and Missouri are eligible for a family member or spouse. There are several different damages you can be reimbursed for in a wrongful death claim, including loss of guidance and funeral expenses.
- Other Claims — Boating accidents, slip and fall, pedestrian accidents and other bodily injuries may qualify for a personal injury claim in Missouri or Illinois.
What Damages Can I Receive for My Weldon Spring, MO Personal Injury Claim?
Depending on what state you're in, you may be able to collect a number of different damages. Both special damages and general damages factor in medical costs, pain and suffering, lost wages or losing the ability to work, and others. Halvorsen Klote also considers out-of-pocket costs (transportation, daycare, etc.), damage to your vehicle, and any other financial, physical or emotional damages. We fight until there is no money left on the table.
A personal injury lawyer is often the only way to get fair compensation after an injury. Our firm will help you get full medical care, make the insurance company be fair, and gather the evidence necessary to prove your claim. It's important not to wait to take action after an accident, even if you are grieving a lost loved one or you are suffering financial and medical hardship. Each state has its own statute of limitations, which limits how long you have to file a claim.
You can learn more about personal injury law in our FAQs. It's important for us to provide a high level of professionalism to injury victims and their families. Accidents are now the 5th leading cause of death, and hundreds of thousands of people are seriously injured at work, on private property, or in cars and many other places every year.
Weldon Spring, MO Personal Injury Lawyer: Frequently Asked Questions
You and your lawyer need to do a few things if you want to get compensation. To make a successful personal injury claim, you and your lawyer have to prove negligence, cause in fact, fault and how the injury has affected you financially, emotionally and physically. Here are a few questions to ask a personal injury lawyer before you retain their services:
- Can I afford a personal injury lawyer? Halvorsen Klote does not charge any up-front fees. Put simply, our Weldon Spring, MO personal injury lawyers take a percentage of any case victory — called a contingency fee — and you don't pay unless we win.
- What should I do after an accident? The first step is to get medical assistance. Medical records are extremely important when you're filing a claim and trying to win a settlement. Even if you do not have serious symptoms, some injuries do not reveal themselves immediately, and delaying treatment could hurt your case.
- How much can I win after an accident? How much money you receive will depend on your injuries impacted your life. Damages may include things like lost earning potential, pain and suffering, medical expenses, loss of consortium, loss of ability to enjoy life, and others.
- What information do I need to give my attorney? It's important to keep track of everything. Pictures of the accident, witness testimonies, how much time you had to take off work, names and addresses, and other information are crucial for winning a personal injury claim. We need to be able to justify financial damages.
- What other questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Are you willing to go to trial? How much or a percentage do you charge? What is the monetary value of my claim? How long will the claim take to settle? What if I was partially responsible for the accident? Do you believe in the merits of my claim? Why? You need to know as much as you can before making this very important decision.
Check out the other types of claims we handle in Weldon Spring, MO?
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are dedicated to helping those who need it most. A catastrophic injury can have persisting consequences, like financial hardship, losing time off work, and other hardships for your family. It's our job at HK Law to provide next-level legal representation to victims and their families. Don't hesitate to contact a personal injury lawyer in Weldon Spring, MO now for a no-risk, no-obligation case evaluation.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: