Personal Injury Lawyer Republic, MO
Call for a No-obligation Case Review if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in Republic, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents the injured in Republic, the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands how difficult it is to deal with a personal injury claim if you or a family member have been injured, you're losing wages from not being able to work, and if an injury has put you in a tough financial situation. It's crucial that our team provides effective representation to each and every client. Call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a no-risk, no-obligation consultation.
Personal Injury Claims in Republic, MO
Every year, more than 97.9 million people go to the emergency room and 24.8 million go to a physician for accidents or unintentional injuries, and there are over 200,000 unintentional deaths, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Common accidents and injuries are car and truck accidents, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that lead to death. It is important for victims and their families to consult with a personal injury lawyer without delay. An experienced Republic, MO personal injury lawyer is a great resource for legal advice in the event of an accident.
Personal Injury Cases We Take on in Republic, MO
If you were injured in a traffic-related accident in Republic, MO, weren't totally compensated at your job, or were not given proper care by a doctor, you might have a personal injury case. It is our goal at Halvorsen Klote to help those injured by someone else in the Republic area. Learn more about Halvorsen Klote's history and success on the testimonials page.
Our Republic, MO personal injury lawyer firm can handle numerous different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With over 35,000 traffic-related fatalities annually and millions of accidents, auto-related accidents are by far the most common personal injury claim.
- Work-Related Accidents — Employment injuries can include being struck by an object, lapses in training, slip and falls, fires, overexertion and more.
- Dog Bites — Almost 5 million people are bitten by dogs each year in the United States. Dog bites are dangerous for adults and children. A dog bite can cause emotional distress, scarring, puncture wounds and other injuries. Dog bites in Republic, MO fall under strict liability, which means that a dog owner is liable for their dog's actions regardless of if they were negligent or not.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death cases in Illinois and Missouri are eligible for a family member or spouse. There are several different damages you can be reimbursed for in a wrongful death claim, including loss of companionship and lost earnings.
- Other Claims — Swimming pool accidents, medical malpractice, bicycle accidents and other bodily injuries may mean you are entitled to compensation in Missouri or Illinois.
Personal Injury Damages in Republic, MO
A variety of compensation is available in personal injury claims. Both special damages and general damages take into account medical costs, pain and suffering, money lost from not being to work or losing the ability to work, and inability to enjoy life. Halvorsen Klote also makes claims for out-of-pocket expenses (transportation to and from medical appointments, a nanny, etc.), damage to your vehicle, and any other financial damages. There's a lot of ways our firm can help.
If you want to get the most compensation possible after an injury, you need to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will help you get full medical care, make the insurance company be fair, and gather the evidence necessary to demonstrate negligence by the liable party. It's critical to be proactive after an accident, even if it's a wrongful death case or you are suffering financial and medical hardship. Each state has put into place its own statute of limitations, which limits how long you have to file a claim.
Find out more about your rights and the legal process with our FAQs. It's important for us to provide a high level of legal representation to injury victims and their families. Accidental injuries are now the 5th leading cause of death, and millions of people are seriously injured on the job, at home, or in cars and everywhere else every year.
Republic, MO Personal Injury Lawyer: FAQs
There are several things that need to get done if you want to win an injury case. To make a successful personal injury claim, you're going to have to prove how the other party caused your injuries, cause in fact, fault and financial, emotional and physical losses. Below are a few questions to ask a personal injury lawyer before you retain their services:
- Can I afford a personal injury lawyer? Usually, there aren't any up-front fees. Put simply, our Republic, MO personal injury lawyers are paid with a portion of the final compensation you recover — called a contingency fee — and you only pay if there is a successful resolution to your claim.
- What should I do after an accident? It's important to go to a hospital or see your primary care physician. Medical records are very important if you are filing a claim and hoping to win a settlement. Even if an injury does not seem serious, having a written document will help your case.
- How much is my case worth? There are a number of variables when you figure out the special and general damages. Damages can include medical treatment and rehabilitation, property loss, loss of income, pain and suffering, inability, lost earning potential, and others.
- What information do I need to give my attorney? The more information the better. Any witness testimonies, the name of the ambulance company, medical records, names, dates, phone numbers, pictures, expenses, and other material go a long way in a personal injury case. We need to be able to justify financial damages.
- What other questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Do you have experience with this specific injury? Are you willing to go to trial? How much or a percentage do you charge? What is the monetary value of my claim? How long will the claim take to settle? Do I have a case if I'm partially at-fault? Do you believe in the merits of my claim? Why? You need to know as much as you can before moving forward.
Check out the other types of claims we handle in Republic, MO?
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are ready and willing to fight your case. A catastrophic injury can have persisting consequences, like financial hardship, not being able to hold down a job, and other hardships for your family. It's our job at HK Law to provide the same standard of high-quality legal advocacy insurance companies have to victims and their families. Don't wait to contact a personal injury lawyer in Republic, MO now for a complimentary case evaluation.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: