Personal Injury Lawyer Lemay, MO
Call for a Complimentary Consultation if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in Lemay, MO. Halvorsen Klote provides expert legal representation for clients in Lemay, the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands the sudden and devastating consequences if you or someone you love have been injured, your injuries are keeping away from work, and if the medical bills are piling up. We take a client-centered approach and offer the same high quality legal advocacy large insurance companies have. Call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free consultation.
Personal Injury Claims in Lemay, MO
There are more than 97.9 million emergency room visits and 24.8 million physician office visits for unintentional injuries, and more than 200,000 unintentional deaths in the U.S. each year. This could include traffic-related accidents, slips and falls, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that end up being fatal. It's important for survivors to find legal counsel as soon as they're able to. A dedicated Lemay, MO personal injury lawyer will know how to best move forward and seek compensation for your injuries.
Personal Injury Cases We Take on in Lemay, MO
If you have been in a motor vehicle accident in Lemay, MO, were hurt on the job, or slipped and fell at the store, you might be entitled to compensation. It is our goal at Halvorsen Klote to help those injured through no fault of their own in the Lemay area. Our personal injury lawyer team has gotten great results for victims and their families.
Our Lemay, MO personal injury lawyer firm has experience with many different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With over 35,000 car accident deaths annually and hundreds of thousands of accidents, auto-related accidents make up 60% of personal injury cases that are heard by a jury.
- Work-Related Injuries — Company negligence can include being struck by an object, lapses in training, slip and falls, fires, overexertion and more.
- Dog Bites — Almost 5 million people are bitten by dogs each year nationwide. Dog bites are a serious concern for people of all ages. A dog bite leads to mental anguish, disfigurement, deep tissue issues and other injuries. Your Lemay, MO personal injury Lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will likely pursue a strict liability claim against the dog's owner.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death suits in Illinois and Missouri are usually filed by a family member or spouse. You can receive compensation for a wide range of factors in a wrongful death claim, including loss of guidance and funeral expenses.
- Other Claims — Swimming pool accidents, slip and fall, nursing home abuse and other bodily injuries may mean you are entitled to compensation in Missouri or Illinois.
Personal Injury Damages in Lemay, MO
Depending on what state you're in, you may be able to collect a number of different damages. Both special damages and general damages factor in medical costs, pain and suffering, money lost from not being to work or lost earning capacity, and inability to enjoy life. Halvorsen Klote also fights for out-of-pocket expenses (transportation, a nanny, etc.), property damage, and any other financial damages. There's a lot of ways our firm can help.
If you want to get a full financial recovery after an injury, you need to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will help you get full medical care, make the insurance company be fair, and help you gather police documentation if necessary. It's imperative not to wait to take action after an accident, even if it's a wrongful death case or the financial and physical consequences of your injury are devastating. Each state has put into place its own statute of limitations, which limits how long you have to file a claim.
Find out more about your rights and the claims process with our FAQs. It's important for us to provide a high level of legal representation to those injured through no fault of their own. Accidental injuries are now the leading cause of death for people under 35, and millions of people are seriously injured at work, at home, or in restaurants and many other places every year.
Lemay, MO Personal Injury Lawyer: Frequently Asked Questions
To get fairly compensated, you're (with the help of an attorney) going to need to accomplish several things. To make a successful personal injury claim, you and your lawyer have to prove how the other party is liable, causation, fault and how the injury has affected you financially, emotionally and physically. Here are a few questions victims often ask about their situation:
- How much does a personal injury lawyer cost? Our attorneys do not charge any up-front fees. Put simply, our Lemay, MO personal injury lawyers take a percentage of the final compensation you recover — called a contingency fee — and you don't pay unless we win.
- What should I do after an accident? The first step is to get medical assistance. Medical records are very important evidence. Even if you do not have serious symptoms, having a written document will help your case.
- How much is my case worth? There are a number of variables when you calculate economic and noneconomic damages. Damages may include medical treatment and physical therapy, property damage, loss of income, pain and suffering, inability, lost earning potential, and others.
- What do I need to give my lawyer? It's important to keep track of everything. Any witness testimonies, the name of the ambulance company, medical records, names, dates, phone numbers, pictures, expenses, and other material go a long way in a personal injury case. We need to be able to justify financial damages.
- What other questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? The choice of a law firm is important, so you need to ask some questions before hiring one. For example, Do you have experience with this specific injury? Are you willing to go to trial? What's your fee? What is the monetary value of my claim? How long will the claim take to settle? Do I have a case if I'm partially at-fault? Do you believe in the merits of my claim? Why? Again, the more information the better.
Check out the other types of cases we take on in Lemay, MO?
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are dedicated to helping people when they're at their most vulnerable. A serious injury can have long-lasting consequences, like financial hardship, not being able to hold down a job, and other hardships for your family. It's our job at HK Law to provide the same standard of high-quality legal advocacy insurance companies have to victims and their families. Don't hesitate to contact a personal injury lawyer in Lemay, MO now for a no-risk, no-obligation case review.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: