Personal Injury Lawyer Imperial, MO
Contact Us for a Free Case Evaluation if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in Imperial, MO. Halvorsen Klote provides expert legal representation for clients in Imperial, the Metro St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands how difficult it is to deal with a personal injury claim if you or a loved one have been injured, your injuries are keeping away from work, and if an injury has put you in a tough financial situation. We take a client-centered approach and offer the same high quality legal advocacy large insurance companies have. If you'd like to go over your case with Halvorsen Klote to learn more, don't wait to contact us or call as at 866-382-4167 to speak to Halvorsen Klote's personal injury attorneys now.
Personal Injury Claims in Imperial, MO
There are over 97.9 million urgent care visits and 24.8 million physician office visits for unintentional injuries, and more than 200,000 unintentional deaths in the U.S. each year. Common accidents and injuries are car and truck accidents, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that lead to death. It is important for victims and their families to find legal counsel as soon as possible. A knowledgeable Imperial, MO personal injury lawyer is a great resource for legal advice in the event of an accident.
Common Personal Injury Claims in Imperial, MO
If you were injured in a motor vehicle accident in Imperial, MO, weren't totally compensated at your job, or were not given proper care by a doctor, you might have a personal injury case. It is our goal at Halvorsen Klote to help those injured through no fault of their own in the Imperial area. Read what previous clients have to say about us on the testimonials page.
Our Imperial, MO personal injury lawyer firm has experience with numerous different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With over 35,000 traffic-related deaths annually and hundreds of thousands of accidents, automobile accidents make up 60% of personal injury cases that are heard by a jury.
- Work-Related Injuries — Company negligence can include faulty equipment, insufficient training, slip and falls, explosions, overexertion and more.
- Dog Bites — More than 4.5 million people suffer from dog bites annually in the United States. Dog bites are a serious concern for people of all ages. A dog bite can cause emotional anguish, disfigurement, gashes and other injuries. Your Imperial, MO personal injury Lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will likely pursue a strict liability claim against the person controlling the dog.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death suits in Illinois and Missouri are usually filed by a family member or spouse. You are eligible for compensation for numerous factors in a wrongful death claim, including loss of companionship and loss of consortium.
- Other Claims — ATV accidents, slip and fall, bicycle accidents and other incidents may qualify for a personal injury claim in Missouri or Illinois.
What Compensation Can I Receive for My Imperial, MO Personal Injury Claim?
A variety of compensation is available in personal injury claims. Both special damages and general damages factor in medical bills, pain and suffering, money lost from not being to work or lost earning capacity, and others. Halvorsen Klote also seeks out-of-pocket costs (transportation, daycare, etc.), damage to your vehicle, and any other financial loss due to injury. There's a lot of ways our firm can help.
A personal injury lawyer is often the only way to get maximum compensation after an injury. Our firm will help you get full medical care, make the insurance company be fair, and gather the evidence necessary to demonstrate negligence by the liable party. It's imperative not to wait to take action after an accident, even if you have lost a family member or the financial and physical consequences of your injury are devastating. Each state stipulated its own statute of limitations, which the timeline for how quickly an injury claim must be filed.
You can learn more about personal injury law in our FAQs. It's important for us to provide a high level of professionalism to those injured by another's negligence. Accidental injuries are now the leading cause of death for people under 35, and hundreds of thousands of people are hurt on the job, at home, or in vehicles and many other places every year.
Imperial, MO Personal Injury Lawyer: FAQs
You and your lawyer need to do a few things if you want to get compensation. To win a tort (injury) case, you're going to have to prove negligence, causation, fault and how the injury has affected you financially, emotionally and physically. Below are a few questions to ask a personal injury lawyer before you retain their services:
- How much does a personal injury lawyer cost? You do not have to pay anything up-front to retain our services. Put simply, our Imperial, MO personal injury lawyers take a percentage of the final compensation you recover — called a contingency fee — and you don't pay unless we win.
- What should I do after an accident? It's important to go to a hospital or see your doctor. Medical records are very important when you're filing a claim and hoping to win a settlement. Even if an injury seems minor, some injuries do not reveal themselves immediately, and delaying treatment could hurt your case.
- How much is my case worth? How much money you receive will depend on your injuries impacted your life. Damages may include medical treatment and physical therapy, property loss, loss of income, pain and suffering, inability, lost earning potential, and others.
- What information do I need to give my attorney? The more information the better. Any witness testimonies, the name of the ambulance company, medical records, names, dates, phone numbers, pictures, expenses, and other material go a long way in a personal injury case. We need to be able to justify financial damages.
- What other questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? The choice of a law firm is important, so you need to ask some questions before hiring one. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? How much experience do you have in the courtroom? What's your fee? What is the monetary value of my claim? How long does it take to get a settlement? What if I was partially responsible for the accident? What do you think my chances of winning are? Why? You need to know as much as you can before making this very important decision.
Take a look at the other types of cases we handle in Imperial, MO?
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
Imperial, MO Personal Injury Lawyer
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are dedicated to helping those who need it most. A serious injury can have lasting effects, like financial hardship, losing time off work, and other pressure on you and the people you love most. It's our job at HK Law to provide the same standard of high-quality legal advocacy insurance companies have to victims and their families. Don't wait to contact a personal injury lawyer in Imperial, MO now for a no-risk, no-obligation consultation.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: