Personal Injury Lawyer New Florence, MO
Contact Us for a No-Risk Consultation if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in New Florence, MO. Halvorsen Klote provides expert legal representation for the injured in New Florence, the Metro St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands the sudden and devastating consequences if you or someone you love have been injured, you can't work, and if an injury has put a strain on your finances. It's crucial that our team provides effective representation to each and every client. Call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case review.
Personal Injury Claims in New Florence, MO
Every year, more than 97.9 million people go to the emergency room and 24.8 million go to a physician for accidents or unintentional injuries, and there are over 200,000 accidental deaths, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. This could include traffic-related accidents, slips and falls, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that end up being fatal. It's important for victims and their families to consult with a personal injury lawyer as soon as they're able to. A knowledgeable New Florence, MO personal injury lawyer will know how to best proceed and seek compensation for your injuries.
Common Personal Injury Claims in New Florence, MO
If you were injured in a motor vehicle accident in New Florence, MO, weren't totally compensated at your job, or slipped and fell at the store, you might have a personal injury case. Halvorsen Klote's attorneys have dedicated themselves to helping personal injury victims and their families in the New Florence area. Learn more about Halvorsen Klote's history and success on the testimonials page.
Our New Florence, MO personal injury lawyer firm has experience with numerous different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With more than 35,000 car accident fatalities annually and over 6 million accidents, automobile accidents are by far the most common personal injury claim.
- Work-Related Injuries — Company negligence can include faulty equipment, poor training, slip and falls, fires, overexertion and more.
- Dog Bites — Almost 5 million people are bitten by dogs annually in the U.S.. Dog bites are a serious concern for adults and children. A dog bite can cause emotional distress, scarring, deep tissue issues and other injuries. Dog bites in New Florence, MO fall under strict liability, meaning a dog owner is responsible for their dog's actions regardless of if they were negligent or not.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death claims in Illinois and Missouri are usually filed by the closest immediate family members. You can receive compensation for a wide range of factors in a wrongful death case, including loss of support and loss of consortium.
- Other Claims — ATV accidents, slip and fall, nursing home abuse and other bodily injuries may qualify for a personal injury claim in Missouri or Illinois.
Personal Injury Damages in New Florence, MO
Depending on what state you're in, you may be able to collect a number of different damages. Both special damages and general damages take into account medical bills, pain and suffering, money lost from not being to work or lost earning capacity, and inability to enjoy life. Halvorsen Klote also considers out-of-pocket costs (transportation to and from medical appointments, childcare, etc.), property damage, and any other financial loss due to negligence. We fight until you receive every penny owed to you.
A personal injury lawyer is usually the only way to get fair compensation after an injury. Our firm will assist with any medical issues, negotiate with insurers, and gather the evidence necessary to demonstrate negligence by the liable party. It's important not to wait to take action after an accident, even if it's a wrongful death case or you are suffering financial and medical hardship. Each state stipulated its own statute of limitations, which the timeline for how quickly an injury claim must be filed.
You can learn more about personal injury law in our FAQs. We pride ourselves on providing a high level of professionalism to those injured by another's negligence. Accidental injuries are now the 5th leading cause of death, and hundreds of thousands of people are hurt on the job, on private property, or in vehicles and everywhere else every year.
New Florence, MO Personal Injury Lawyer: Frequently Asked Questions
You and your lawyer need to do a few things if you want to get compensation. To make a successful personal injury claim, you're going to have to prove how the other party caused your injuries, cause in fact, fault and how the injury has affected you financially, emotionally and physically. Below are a few questions victims often ask about their situation:
- How much does it cost to hire a lawyer? You do not have to pay anything up-front to retain our services. Put simply, our New Florence, MO personal injury lawyers take a portion of any case victory — called a contingency fee — and you only pay if there is a successful resolution to your claim.
- If I'm injured, what do I need to do? It's important to go to a hospital or see your doctor. Medical records are very important when you're filing a claim and trying to get reimbursed. Even if you do not have serious symptoms, having a written document will help your case.
- How much is my case worth? How much money you receive will depend on your injuries impacted your life. Damages may include medical treatment and physical therapy, property loss, loss of income, pain and suffering, inability, lost earning potential, and others.
- What do I need to give my lawyer? It's important to keep track of everything. Any witness testimonies, the name of the ambulance company, medical records, names, dates, phone numbers, pictures, expenses, and other material go a long way in a personal injury case. We need to be able to justify financial damages.
- What should I ask my lawyer? There's a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Do you have experience with this specific accident claim? Do you go to trial? What's your fee? What is the monetary value of my claim? How long does it take to get a settlement? Do I have a case if I'm partially at-fault? What do you think my chances of winning are? Why? Again, the more information the better.
Check out the other types of cases we handle in New Florence, MO?
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
New Florence, MO Personal Injury Lawyer
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are dedicated to helping those who need it most. A catastrophic injury can have enduring effects, like financial losses, not being able to hold down a job, and other hardships for your family. It's our job at HK Law to provide next-level legal representation to victims and their families. Don't wait to contact a personal injury lawyer in New Florence, MO now for a no-risk, no-obligation consultation.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: